“Great, Quirky B&B” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 13 Bad Ischl B&B and Inns
San Francisco, California
“Great, Quirky B&B”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

I booked this place from a review in my Lonely Planet. It ended up being one of my favorite stops on my trip. Even though it is right across from the train/bus station, it feels like you are in the woods. And it's just a 5 minute walk or so, to the more main part of town. It is a very cute place. It is a fun, quirky mix of very traditional Austrian touches such as Chamois antlers and other traditional decorative details and antiques, mixed with Buddhas and various Buddhist items.The people are very nice and helpful. The breakfast was a really great selection of items. There is pretty solarium attached to the breakfast room.

My room was spotless & quaint with a cute little balcony, overseeing their gardens. I wish I'd had more time to stay here on my trip and really enjoyed my stay. it was also one of the more affordable places I stayed. I know there was a sauna or some type of facility like that, but I did not check it out.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

14 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2010

I stayed one night at Sonnhoff and enjoyed it very much. Christa (the owner) was pleasant and attentive and cooked a wonderful breakfast. It is a steep but quick walk up a small hill just by the train station, and it also is very close (perhaps a ten minute walk) to the center of town. The small hotel is run like a B&B with the reception closing in the evening and you use your key to get in the front door if you are later than 7:00 pm or so. The place is filled with antiques and my room was very pretty with twin beds; a bottle of wine was on the table should you want it. I'd definitely stay here again as it was the best value of all my hotels on my trip.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Oklahoma City USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2010

The location is great, basically across the street from the train station. Has a drive up from the street - OK except for an elderly person on foot with baggage. The rooms are very clean, the breakfast superb, we were very pleased and will consider this our new home in Bad Ischl.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Sonnhof Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Sonnhof Hotel

Address: Bahnhofstrasse 4, Bad Ischl 4820, Austria
Location: Austria > Upper Austria > Bad Ischl
Free Parking
Ranked #3 of 13 B&Bs / Inns in Bad Ischl
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Sonnhof Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Sonnhof Hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.