“A pure disappointment at a high cost ” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Dream Castle Hotel at Disneyland Paris

You added Dream Castle Hotel at Disneyland Paris to your Saves list
Dream Castle Hotel at Disneyland Paris
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   40 avenue de la Fosse des Pressoirs, 77703 Magny-le-Hongre, Marne-la-Vallee, France   |
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Magny-le-Hongre
Stockholm, Sweden
“A pure disappointment at a high cost ”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This is a so called 4****hotel that clearly couldn't care less for reviews or returning customers. It is far from even a 3***

The lobby area is overfilled with loads of machines for kids at 2€ per game.
The food quality is very poor and ridiculously priced.

I arrived alone with 2 small kids and very late at night after a long and tiring flight journey.
Do not expect any help whatsoever with the luggage, when I asked they simply replied there is no portier available (and so they did with many other clients during day time and again myself when leaving the hotel at 10 am)
When the long check in procedure finally was over I grabbed a trolley and put both luggage and kids in it and shuffled it through lobby and elevator and carpet floors into our Superior Double Deluxe room.
When we opened the door we got smashed by the heavy smoking smell inside the room (note that the entire hotel is non smoking) but this somehow was completely approved by the cleaning staff.
When I called the reception (being alone with 2 very tired kids screaming about the bad smell I couldn't go down to the front desk ) and explained that they cannot expect us to spend the night in such a room the reply was quite arrogant and quick : sorry hotel is fully booked, we can offer you a bunk bed room"...No one even cared to come up to the room.
I ordered a mind blowing expensive room service sandwich for the kids and even the young guy delivering it reacted on the smoking smell and I had to tell him that I don't smoke....
A Down grade would have been OK if my kids could sleep in a bunk bed which none of them could or mastered.
So we ended up sleeping and freezing with an open window in February and also not being able to open up our luggage. Next morning we had to get our luggage moved and change rooms so that when we came back at the end of the day after the parks we had in fact to redo a check in.. prior to departure next day...
When I checked out, the hotel manager found it very strange that I even suggested that I shouldn't be paying for the first night and after a long debate offered 20 % on the first night.....
That's what we got for paying a luxury toxic room.
I will not come back to this hotel and will strongly advise against a stay in it.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (274)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

A good hotel with everything as it should be for families. Rooms are spacious, shower over bath not so good for kids, would prefer a walk in shower. Breakfast is aplenty but average. Restaurant is buffet & again plenty but average. Its a fair way from disneyland you cant walk. Bus is unpredictable & can be a 5-20 minute wait. Busy place at any time I'm guessing. We qere midweek in late April & it was flat out. Staff just ok.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We've been in this hotel in April 2015, five adults, one child and one baby during 7 days. I was expecting the hotel more spectacular but actually after a week I think that it's been good.
The first impression wasn't good because when you think in Disneyland you imagine a fantastic welcome for children, etc. and the staff at the reception didn't smile at all and under my opinion the welcome to customers is very cold and I would say poor.
The breakfast is amazing there is a wide range of food, so it's great!!
There was other issues to point out such as I saw one customer at reception requesting toilet paper and in my room the hand gel wasn't refilled in the whole week and we were using the one in the shower. Also the bed sheet wasn't change in whole week as well and the carpets could be more clean.
The buffet was very good too the only but non of the waitress advised us that we could request tap water instead the expensive bottles of water.
Anyway although I highlight a few issues do not get me wrong it's been fantastic holidays for my family and myself and it's a shame that we haven't used all the areas in the hotel because we used to leave the hotel very early in the morning and came back very late in the evening due to the Disney Dream Show.
Also I have to say that all our requests was well attended for the staff at reception.
I recommend this hotel, it's also very close to the park.

Room Tip: The view from my room was spectacular front to the lake, the rest of my family had it to the car par...
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I was here for 3 days end of April 2015 .We should have get a king size room but they upgraded us to Family room.In our room we did not have a frige but got one as soon as we told the staff.We had plenty of towels and every day we got new once.The bed was a dream for me as it was sooo comfortable we had 4 pillows as I found 2 extra in the drow.The staff was friendly.We did not eat dinner in the hotel as it was expensive . overall I was happy with the hotel.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Essex, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My daughter and I have just returned from a 3 night break at Dream Castle Hotel Disneyland Paris. Would be very happy to return as our room was very spacious, clean and comfortable. Breakfast was very good lots of choice. The shuttle bus runs every ten minutes. All in all a very good experience and a lovely hotel would be very happy to return in the future.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Booked three nights and overall pleased with our choice; given the price.

The family room with bed and a double bunk bed was of reasonable size,clean and with a good-sized bathroom. In which by the way my wife said that the provided shampoo, body wash etc. were very good quality.

The shuttle bus to Disney is essential - all these hotels are on the high plains of northern France, Walking is not an option given the distances and the fast roads - no foot paths!

Hotel staff are friendly but English other than at reception is limited.

On our second day the water cistern failed resulting in a continuous flow; this was fixed within the hour. Used towels were taken but not replaced on the second day for the third but plenty remained.

The main bar is pleasant enough and the bar menu quite good. While first service is quite quick one actually waits a l o n g t i m e for any food to arrive. The second day was an even longer wait than the first and the food arrived cold and the chicken not fully cooked. The lager and weiss beer are however good and at 5.80e average for the area. But avoid the factory Heiniken.

The evening buffet was not attended- from experience we know that we will not eat enough to make the 30e plus worthwhile; hence the bar menu option.

The free wifi is slow and drops out frequently.

The Easter Egg hunt in the Garden on Easter Sunday was a nice touch and much enjoyed by our daughter.

The swimming pool is more a children's fun pool with a separate toddler area.But there is a water slide for older children and a hot jaccusi for adults.

Breakfast is a large buffet but the selections, especially the hot, runs out frequently and in busier times glasses and mugs are also unavailable. Breakfast service staff are most obviously under considerable pressure but remain helpful - if not cheerful.

Beware that this hotel may be less expensive than some in the area but, like others, the 'amusement' machines for children and the vending machines on each floor are expensive. The games are all 2e for very little time and the vending machines take one's breath away. For a small Snickers 2.8e, for a regular CocaCola 4.0e. If you need snacks then do as I saw other hotel guests do - buy on the way to the hotel - both snacks and drink. Do not expect to buy around Disney but visit one of the supermarche on the route inwards.

Overall the hotel was pretty close to my expectations- not a disappointment but something to be accepted if one goes to Disney.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
GeneralManagerFR, General Manager at Dream Castle Hotel at Disneyland Paris, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear valued customer,

We are grateful to see that you took the time to write a comment about your previous stay in our hotel.

Thank you for your constructive feedback, which will allow us to be able to improve our services. We take your opinions very seriously and are working constantly on improvements.

Regarding the food and beverage service in our bar we would like to share with you that our food is freshly prepared on a daily basis. For this reason the waiting time can be a little bit longer then you are used to.
Also we take your comments about the second night in the bar very serious, and we will follow this up immediately with our chef, to assure a perfect quality of food.

We are very glad to read that your little daughter enjoyed our Easter egg hunt. We hope she had a great time with us.

Thank you again for the constructive opinion you shared with us.

Please let us know when you are planning to coming back to our hotel, we would be very happy to welcome you again to the Dream Castle hotel.

Kind regards,

Goran TODOROVIC
General Manager.
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This property is great but the service is average. Checking inn takes too long. We had torn towels in our room , it is such a shame for a 4 star hotel to serve you with torn towels. We had our own towels so we didn't bother. Breakfast is good . Swimming pool is too small and too crowded .Easy access to disney land with free shuttle . Over all it's a average hotel.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
GeneralManagerFR, Manager at Dream Castle Hotel at Disneyland Paris, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear valued customer,

First of all we would like to thank you for the time you spend to write a comment about your stay with us, and your made efforts.
We are very sorry to hear that we did not fully meet your expectations during your last visit.

We take into account the queues at the reception and are constantly improving our procedures and implement ways in which we can make it as quick as possible.

Also we would like to apologize that you had to use your own towels, as we do have a nice quality of towels in our resort and we will make sure to transfer you opinion to our housekeeping department, in order to avoid this kind of problem for the future.

Dear valued guest, thank you again for your feedback.

Kind regards,

Goran TODOROVIC
General manager.

Been to Dream Castle Hotel at Disneyland Paris? Share your experiences!