“Value for money” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Kyriad A Disneyland Paris

You added Kyriad A Disneyland Paris to your Saves list
Kyriad A Disneyland Paris
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10 Avenue De La Fosse Des Pressoirs - Val De France | Snc Hoteliere De Magny, 77700 Magny-le-Hongre, Marne-la-Vallee, France   |
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Magny-le-Hongre
London, United Kingdom
“Value for money”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Being so close to Disney, this hotel is good value for money. It provides a shuttle bus to and from the resort regularly which was easy to use. We decided to book this instead of one of the official Disney resorts as this is not the sort of holiday that you spend in your hotel.
The buffet breakfast was ok although the choice a little limited.
I didn't sleep well as the stairs connecting the floors were wooden and really noisy so every time people went up and down I woke up. Also, there were a lot of school parties using this hotel so this also made a difference

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Slovak first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Abergavenny
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Booked this hotel direct for 50 euros room only for 2 adults and 2 teenagers, a late flight arrival meant I didn't want to waste a day ticket for Disneyland by adding an extra night. This was a cheap alternative, check in was easy had to pay a couple of euros room tax and receptionist explained everything we needed to know about hotel facilities etc.
I wasn't expecting much from the room but was pleasantly surprised, it was clean, well maintained, TV had a larger selection of English channels than the Disney hotels do and there was a kettle and complimentary tea/coffee and biscuit selection, again you don't get this in the Disney hotels. The following morning we used the shuttle bus to the bus station, bit of a scrum but that's why I usually stay onsite to avoid using the shuttles and then caught another bus to the Cheyenne.
This is usually the cheapest of the 4 associated (offsite) hotels and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone looking for a budget trip. It's NOT part of the Disney chain non of the associated hotels are, so don't expect to see Disney characters wandering around and there's no swimming pool, but it's convenient and serves it's purpose.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
west midlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I was apprehensive of this hotel after reading the February 2013 reviews on here, stories of break ins unhelpful staff, full buses etc.

I have to speak as I find and say that \i returned from this hotel 18 March 2013 and found the staff to be very helpful and friendly. The hotel was very clean and the rooms were comfortable, clean and all appliances worked great. There were no problems with the electrics or the water.

I am a Disney veteran and have been 5 times now, so I feel I can honestly give an opinion based on what there is to offer in this region.

I prebooked my taxi from UK with the fantasic http://www.ezyshuttle.com they have the flight numbers off you and your mobile number and they give you theirs, so that you are fully in control of when your taxi will arrive. We were delayed in UK on take off for 2 hours, and this was not a problem to them. They charged 70Euro from airport to any disney hotel. Brilliant service. I would definitely use them again (and have used them before).

Check in at the hotel took all of around 20 minutes and was very professional, the only niggle is that they charged us 13 euro for hotel tax, I have never had to pay this before and this was an unexpected disappointment.

We were given keycards to rooms 8 and 12, which were literally around the corner from the reception. An unexpected surprise was that these rooms were interconnecting (didn't know this was available at this hotel), so we asked them to open the connecting doors. They were more than happy to do this.

The rooms were clean, fresh looking and were reasonably appointed. Unlike Disney hotels, there was a hairdryer and kettle included (with complimentary tea, coffee and milk). The bath had a shower over. So all in all my needs and my young family were catered for.

I have no complaints with the room. We booked a triple room and double but got two rooms with double bed and bunks in each.

My only issue was with the room opposite, they were non UK (so I could not communicate) and they kept leaving their double buggy outside my door and sometimes blocking my door so that I could not get out. They also returned with their VERY loud children at 11.30 + on a evening by then overtired and screaming and woke up my sleeping ones. This is not a fault of the hotel, just inconsiderate other guests. I did not inform the hotel until I left and they said that they would speak to them then.

The food was for me hit and miss. The breakfast to be honest was on par if not better than the disney hotels that I have stayed in. They offered in addition to the normal cold meats, cheese, croissants, toast and cereals, hot sauceages and egg. Very nice.

Unfortunately, though the evening meals was a disappointment. The food combination's were strange and did not fit. For instance, they offered noodles and pasta, but no topping of bolognaise or chinese topping. So they had to be eaten dry or with a tomato paste, which was horrible, my children LOVE pasta and they refused this after the first bite. Then they had either veal (fatty/poor quality) or pork on the bone (my son thought this tasted like ribs) but there was sometmes only rice to put with this. Very dry.

On the Sunday they offered carrot and pea mix, but this looked awful too.

Every day there were nuggets/fish fingers and chips on the menu, but unfortunately these were obviously reheated daily as they were rock hard and looked progressively darker by the day. Yuk. I brought 2 children with me aged 4 and 9 and they lived on dry pasta and the ribs for the duration of the stay.

A couple of good points would be the unlimited drinks (soft fizzy during evening meal and hot (tea/coffee/hot chocolate) orange and apple juice during breakfast. Also the desserts were fabulous. I basically ate those as I could not stomach the main meals. I did try, but ended up being wasteful.

The shuttle bus was great, free and arrived every 10 minutes, sometimes 3 at a time at busy periods. It picked up at the explorer first, then came to us. Never a problem to get on, but it would be advisable to have your hands on your kids at busy times as we did find rude people, who had no problem pushing our little ones out the way and hurting them.

So, to sum up this hotel.

Great customer service, clean reasonably appointed rooms
Great complimentary shuttle service.
Grat breakfast
But poor evening meals.

Book this hotel with confidence but only bed and breakfast, unless you really are not fussy.

In the disney village you could easily buy an evening meal for around 26 euro adults and 12 euro kids (no drinks though) at Planet Hollywood. I have eaten there and the service is great.

Room Tip: We were in rooms 8 and 12 these are on the ground floor and if you walk down the rest of the corrido...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Antwerp, Belgium
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Went with family this weekend to Disneyland paris.

All the hotels where fully booked. This was the only hotel close to disney & with free rooms.

Location; Disney selected hotel - very close to Disney - Also a shuttle bus to the parcs. One of the first hotel where the bus stops so always place to sit / stand.

Rooms: we had rooms 1059 & 1063. The beds are ok, tv works & there is free coffee and thee... Ok you think? The lifts where out of service. So when you are on the third floor, you have to take the stairs. The heating system in de side wing was also broken. There was a note that we could use an industrial heater.

Both rooms needed also a rehab. Especially room 1059... Fungus & filt in the corners, under the bed and in the bathroom.

breakfast: Like the disneyhotels you need to choose an hour... Not my preferred system. We woke up on Sunday. Had a reservation at 9. Only 1 problem; there is not enough room for all the guests. Waiting time 45 min before we got seated. Also try to imagine. You wait for 45 min. The queue is outside the building in the sun or the rain. You wait and the ober says that your time has expired... I could allmost kill the guy.

checkin - checkout: correct - only there is no express check-out. Again you have to wait...

general conclusion: Well is it cheap and that is the only good thing I can say about this hotel. You have to wait to eat, you have to wait to check in, you have to wait if you want to check out. And all this for a room in bad condition ( really Formule 1 is 10 times cleaner... )

Try to avoid this one guys

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dubai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

I went as part of a school trip. So for that it was ideal for meeting our needs. The rooms were clean and tidy and one of the days we came back and they had put a heater in the room for us as the heating was having some issue, good touch. The staff all speak French and English which again for our group was ideal. The shuttle bus to and from the resort made it a great place to stay for us getting into and from the resort. I'd recommend this place to anyone looking for a school trip away. Breakfast was fine as well with a nice selection of croissants, breakfast cereals, coffee and juices.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I stayed at the Hotel Kyriad in Disneyland Paris recently. It's a clean, tidy and pleasant hotel. I was just confused as it's part of the Disney chain but there wasn't a hint of Disney in this hotel?
Not even the Disney channel on the television for children. It's one of the more budget Disney hotels but I didn't feel like I was staying in Disney, no entertainment etc.

It's a good hotel to stay at if your on the move or out exploring but if you want to spend time here then you'll be rather bored.
All in all though a nice hotel, friendly staff and clean beds. The hotel was also in easy reach to the Disneyland park.

Room Tip: corner suites seem to be larger
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Miami Beach, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Just came back from staying at this hotel for 3 nights with my boyfriend. The hotel looked lovely from the outside and just as nice from the inside. Rooms was very spacious and clean. Hotel was pretty quiet. With a bar downstairs and a restaurant just outside towards back of hotel. Staff very friendly and always seemed happy.
Disneyland just 5 mins by shuttle bus which stopped directly outside hotel and did come every 15-20 mins.
Breakfast was self service, tea, coffees, hot chocolate and juice available. cereals, cossaints and pain a chocolate , sausages, beans and scrambled egg as well as toast, cheese and hams.
Tea is available but comes with a price.
The hotel does have a disney shop inside too.
Defiantly would recomened this hotel!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Kyriad A Disneyland Paris? Share your experiences!