“Excellent hotel near Disneyland Paris” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Hotel at Disneyland Paris

You added Radisson Blu Hotel at Disneyland Paris to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Hotel at Disneyland Paris
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Allee De La Mare Houleuse, 77700 Magny-le-Hongre, Marne-la-Vallee, France (Formerly Radisson SAS)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Magny-le-Hongre
GreenLeadersSilver level
Widley
“Excellent hotel near Disneyland Paris”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Having previously stayed in the four off site hotels located near DLP we thought we would try the Radisson Blu this year.
We visit every year at Halloween and wanted a change of hotel without paying the huge price tag that comes with staying on site with Disney.
The Radisson Blu is a large, grand hotel, nestled in the grounds of the Disney Golf course. It is located a 10 minute bus/car ride away from the Disney parks. Parking at the hotel is free and there is ample spaces. The free hotel bus to the parks run every 30 minutes, dropping off outside the Marne La Vallee train station.
We arrived at the hotel early in the morning due to a change of ferry, because of the bad storm hitting the South East coast of England.
We were able to pre check in, use the swimming pool and have breakfast before hitting the parks.
Check in is possible from 3pm. Check out is noon.
The rooms are big in comparison to other 4 star hotels in the area that we have stayed in. We booked a room for three people, one king size bed, and one king size sofa bed. The bathroom is also a really good size with bath/shower and two sinks. The room has a fridge and tea/coffee making facilities. Free sparking water is brought to the room in the evening.
The hotel has a couple of restaurant options and a large bar and seating area. There is also a good selection of meals from the room service menu.
The breakfast was excellent, hot and continental plus a selection of teas and coffee's.
The hotel has various areas for breakfast so the wait time is short, it is a help your self breakfast buffet .
On a nice day there is also outside seating.
There is not a Disney shop unlike the other four off site hotels near by, but there is an option to buy gifts from the display cabinets in reception.
We would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a golf course view. High floor.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
VirginieThevenet, Social Media Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel at Disneyland Paris, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Dear Mrs Sarah-Helen ,

We appreciate your taking the time to post a notice on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay with us.

On behalf of our entire staff, I would like to thank you for choosing the Radisson Blu at Disneyland Paris and I am happy to see that you have enjoyed your stay in our hotel.

Hoping to have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon, I naturally remain at your service for anything further.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Watford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Very interested in the reviews of this hotel and our experience 27-29 October is consistent with many reviews. I feel a little mean giving them three stars but the management really need to get a grip as this is a four star place and should be fantastic.

Our family room (business class) was really very nice - spacious, well appointed and good linen and towels. Very clean. Bathroom has a great shower and nice double sink counter with nice toiletries etc. However it was in very poor repair with grout missing and loose floor tiles. A couple of issues with pull out washing line not working and toilet flush not great too. Easy to resolve through maintenance without major refurb I would have thought. Other reviews suggest this is a wider problem.

Our sofa bed and cot for the children were all made up as requested - very nicely done. Nespresso coffee machine in room was superb - what we use at home and fab in a hotel room. Fridge too. Door lock was slightly off centre - another maintenance issue. Overall very happy with the room and we did not make a fuss as we were only staying two nights and planned to be in the Disney parks most of the time.

The reception system is absolutely ridiculous and needs urgently sorting. Usually two people on which was insufficient almost all of the time. There is no clear queuing system leaving everyone disgruntled. The staff are dealing with all of the one touch service calls as well it seems which is hopeless as they pick up the phone whilst serving you - very rude and terrible customer service. Again everyone just gets disgruntled. I managed to get all of my requests responded to but it did not feel easy and like other reviewers I was left with the impression that I was really quite a nuisance for them rather than a paying customer!

Spa is nice with a good gym and small pool. Does get busy and not great for lap swimming but not unusual for this type of hotel. No towels in the spa in the evenings - when I pointed this out, I was told that the problem was that the guests keep using all the towels (yes, I wanted to say, to dry themselves after swimming - such a ridiculous comment). We had to ask for towels at reception each time ahead of our swim usually with a long wait. My advice to the hotel is just buy loads of towels and overstock the spa - hotels that do this (and of course have some system to collect, wash and replenish) rarely run out. It is when guests feel towels are limited that problems start with hoarding them etc. unnecessary issue in my view.

Room service food was very good and I thought prices okay (bearing in mind Paris is, generally expensive). Prompt service. Tray not collected though which I think is horrible and there were always trays in the corridors - this needs sorting too as just not very pleasant. Great red wine and I thought drinks prices were par for the course as the food rather than super expensive.

Breakfast was good. Good selection and in the main, nice food items. No wait on our first morning but a significant wait on the second. Pimpernel restaurant was nice, the Birdy restaurant needs urgent renovation - ripped chairs and not very clean - poor impression.

Shuttle bus was fine but as other reviewers note, it needs to be at least double the size or twice as frequent at peak times. We only got a seat once and I was not happy standing with my one and five year olds. Totally crammed in right up to the front windscreen and this felt unsafe. To be fair the driver was slow and careful. The booking system for mornings was fine but still didn't guarantee a seat.

So, hard to know what to conclude on this hotel hence the rating of 3 but would easily have been at least 4 without the service issues. I would use it again and despite the issues, would still recommend it especially for Disney. We got a fantastic rate which I am taking into account here especially as Disney hotel prices have gone so high. Very easy for Radisson to resolve the issues but the manager's bland responses to reviews on this site make me think they are not taking things seriously.

Enjoy if you are going!

Room Tip: Our business class room (we had booked a family room) was excellent.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Mrs Denise R,

Even though I noticed you weren’t fully satisfied Please be sure that I have communicated your observations to the concerned teams, Head of Department, in order to improve our operations.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

We chose this hotel among many choices this is because I have never stayed at the Raddison. I have always thought that it was a good brand. When we arrived it was too early for check-in so decided to go into paris.
When we returned we proceeded with check in. but there was a very big queue. Only 1 member of staff at the check in desk. When it was finally my turn he would intermittently deal with other customers... leaving my family and me feeling second class.
As it would be there was an issue with my booking, a minor detail between the booking company and the hotel. Any normal hotel would offer to deal with this. I was however made to use my own phone to solve the issue.
I ended up using my credit card to get the room initially while the issue was sorted. When the booking company called the hotel, reception said it was all fixed (I later found out they said this because they used my credit card details instead of the vouvher. ..) so after a full day lost running around in circles "I" fixed the miscommunication issue with the hotel wnd booking company.
5 minutes after we initially got in the room the fire alarm was sounded. I gathered my family and prepared to get out (no easy feat with a 2 year old) when I called reception for guidance/information, they laughed and said it was an alarm test. Not impressed.

Positives are that the rooms are very clean and the hotel is in a good location. Great shuttle bus service.

This was my first experience with Raddisson and I am sad to say it will be the last. Customer service should always come first. Very money oriented instead of customer.

Good hotel, dissapointing staff, with the exception of a few.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Mr Japsnpr,

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Radisson Blu in Disneyland Paris, I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay in our hotel. Please be sure that I have transmitted your comments to the concerned teams, Receptio,, Reservation, Maintenance, in order to improve our operations, and to give you entire satisfaction during your next stay with us.

Hoping to have the pleasure to welcome you again in our hotel, I remain at your disposal for any further information.

Frankfurt, Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

We have been to Radisson Blue Dubrovnik...that was 4 star! But this one: more like 2,5 stars. Restaurant reminds me of a Rail Station Restaurant in a big city...no charm, no flair. The only bar is in the lobby area...feels like you re sitting in a shopping mall. The gym is ok, the pool is small and full of people...the sauna is not clean :( Plus point are the grounds, there is a playground for smaller kids and you can go for a run outside and around the hotel. We came by car, parking is no problem and it is easy enough to get into Paris from here.

Room Tip: There were no other rooms available so we had 4 beds in one room...bit small but for city visit is o...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Mrs Alexandra S,

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Radisson Blu in Disneyland Paris, I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay in our hotel. Please be sure that I have transmitted your comments to the concerned teams, Food and Beverage and Head of Department, in order to improve our operations, and to give you entire satisfaction during your next stay with us.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

The Radisson property and rooms definitely reach the standard of a four star hotel: spacious and clean rooms, close to Disneyland, good breakfast buffet, etc.

However, the staff disappointed us. Staff in an average 2* hotel is more professional and hospitable than at this Radisson. Some examples of the shortcomings:

When we were in our room, cleaning staff entered without knocking on the door, simply walking in and starting to speak in French. This happened four times during our stay, once when we were changing clothes. No apology or anything; quite rude and unprofessional.

The fire alarm went off during our stay. It turned out to be a test, but we were not informed about this. When we left the room, there was nobody to tell us anything and only when we were in the lobby the reception-guy was able to tell us that nothing was going on and that we could go back to our room. He didn't seem to care much though.

The couch in our room was turned into a second bed. In the morning, I informed the reception that we preferred it to be turned back into a couch (we were only with 2 people in the room, so didn't need an extra bed). This still had not happened when we arrived back after a day in the Disney park. A mistake is human, but then correct it if the customer tells you about it.

Plates with room service food were standing in the corridors, literally for days, without being taken away by staff.

Besides the shortcomings of staff, there were some minor inconveniences: e.g. wifi did not work properly in our room and we got two single beds instead of a double bed.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Mr Wouter188590,

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Radisson Blu in Disneyland Paris, I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay in our hotel. Please be sure that I have transmitted your comments to the concerned teams, Head of Department, in order to improve our operations, and to give you entire satisfaction during your next stay with us.

Maastricht
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

Negative is the bus to the park and back to hotel.
Not big enough... No control of reservations .... No structure... Tip for management! Do something About all the complaines Before fights got nasty!!

The rest is good!

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Mr joep s,

Even though I noticed you weren’t fully satisfied with the shuttle. Please be sure that I have communicated your observations to the concerned teams, Head of Department, in order to improve our operations.

Hong Kong, China
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

This hotel is the worst hotel I ever stay in last few years which cost 200 + euro.

I truely don't understand why someone rate this hotel 4 or 5 stars.

Why it is terrible ... To name a few ... Tried to call the so-called one touch service to get a morning call, for 3 nights in a row, no one picked up the phone and answer me ... The heater is always on, say around 30 c, cannot adjust, need to open the window whole night to cool the room, imagine, this hotel claimed to be GREEN ... Bottle water, not in sight ...

Enlighten me how this hotel with the price deserves a rating better than POOR.

Ken from Hong Kong

Room Tip: Don't ask me, ask GOD
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mr Tgmsken,

Sincerely yours,

Been to Radisson Blu Hotel at Disneyland Paris? Share your experiences!