“Good Location, checkin/checkout needs to be imrpoved.” 4 of 5 stars

Sofitel Macau at Ponte 16
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Rua do Visconde Paco de Arcos, Macau, China   |
Ranked #9 of 89 Hotels in Macau
Hong Kong, China
“Good Location, checkin/checkout needs to be imrpoved.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I booked this hotel via a travel agent as they offer me a very good price. And I was upgraded coz I am a accor member. It is absolutely value for money to have such quality of room. The room is clean without any smell as mentioned by other reviewer.
.. yes.. but I agree that it is quite unbelievable that I needs to wait around 20min in the massive quene for check-in, I never imagine of it in a 5 star hotels. and I was told my room is not ready and ask me to go back after after 3.
The other thing I want to say is that, when I check out at around 1130.. the sitaution scares me again. the quene is even longer and I guess more than 50 peoples are waiting......
Luckily, I remember that accor member should be able get priority checkout.. I ask for help and finally I can leave right away by returning the keycard.
(it is not easy to find a staff for help... may be they are too busy.........)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Juan Pablo R, Quality Assurance Manager at Sofitel Macau at Ponte 16, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Bonjour,

Dear Accorhotels.com traveler. (Aka. skywalker000 )

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your recent experience at the Sofitel Macau at Ponte 16. We are happy to know that the facilities including your room were up to your expectations.
We would like to apologize for the inconvenience encountered upon your check in and departure.

As you know the 15 hrs check in time is a standard that most hotels in Macau follow. The city is highly visited on weekends which mean that the hotels will run with a high occupancy. For this reason it is sometimes difficult to have the room ready when our guests arrive earlier than the check in time. Nevertheless, while you wait we invite you to enjoy any of facilities like the pool, gym or sauna room. You can also book a treatment in our So Spa head directly to your room after a relaxing 2 hours massage.

We have shared your comments with our Front Office Manager who will give a follow up with our Guest Relations team in charge of the lobby and welcoming our guests. This is not the level of service that Sofitel Hotels is known for and it is really sad to know that you experienced such inconveniences during your stay.

We hope you can give us a second opportunity to restore your faith in our property. We suggest booking our Sofitel Club Room which immediately entitles you with benefits like private check in and check out, lounge access, breakfast – tea time – evening cocktail and more. Send us an email to h6480-qc@sofitel.com in order to help you arranging your trip.

We look forward to having you back soon!

J.P. Rodriguez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Preston, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I booked this hotel after al lot of consideration to what I wanted and visiting China on business for one day. For visiting China for the day I booked the best hotel for everything else I didn't. When I checked in there was a massive queue, I don't think in a 5 star hotel you should have to wait for 20mins to check in as most people have travelled a good was. I was than told you could only check in after 3pm. I kicked off & demanded a room at this was 12:30pm. I went up to my room opened the door & walked straight back down, a strong smell of damp was present & I don't see why I should put up with that. The room was changed & I have to be honest it was better but not that much, my new room still had a funny smell, I gave up. The hotel is advertised with a Casino, it does but very small and very smoky as the whole of Macau is. I went to the Wynn & Venetian and they were more like what I had expected. It you think this place is anything like Vegas its not and no one speaks good English even in the large hotels which is not uncommon in China. My room was acceptable not nothing special, the built quality and the fittings ie wall switches are very poor, not one of them is straight and the bathroom tiles are cracked in places. It also has the worst mini bar I have ever seen, there is about 6 things in the fridge. Oh & the whole place stinks of somke

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Bonjour,

Dear Accorhotels.com traveler. (Aka. Robertg0107 )

Firstly, we would like to apologize for the bad experience you had when visiting Sofitel Macau at Ponte 16. We are shocked to know the highlights of your stay.

We are sure you must have had a very tiring trip and that you were looking for a good rest upon your arrival. We are very sorry that you had to experience such inconvenience during your check in process. In regards to the check in time, kindly note that 15 hrs is the standard check in time for the majority of hotels in Macau. However, this is surely not an excuse for the shortcomings that you experienced, which were obviously not addressed.

Sofitel Macau does not have a Casino and it is not advertised in the website as owned by the hotel. The one located in the 1st floor belongs to Ponte 16 Company who is indeed owner of the complex. As a Sofitel principle we maintain our French elegance by creating the perfect getaway from all the buzz and fuzz of the city. That is what differentiates us from other hotels.

As you fairly mentioned, we are glad to inform you that we will be enhancing our facilities with an air curtain and aroma equipment that will substantially remove the smoke smell that comes from the casino.

We know that this experience was indeed extremely disappointing. It is a priority for us to change your mind about our property and do everything we can to restore your faith in our brand. Let us help you doing all the arrangements for your next visit in Macau; we assure you will have a ’magnifique’ experience and that all the bad memories will disappear. Please give us the opportunity to give you another experience, which is more typical of our usual high standards.

As soon as you have your new traveling schedule, please contact us at h6480-qc@sofitel.com and let us help you to make the room arrangements.

In the meantime, I remain at your entire disposal shall I may be of any assistance.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Althogh not as grand as the "Galaxy" or other newly opened five-star group hotels, Sofitel Macau definitely has the best location for local food amongst all others.
All famous restaurants for traditional local food are within walking distance.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Juan Pablo R, Quality Assurance Manager at Sofitel Macau at Ponte 16, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Bonjour,

Dear Accorhotels.com traveler. (Aka. yyli8888)

We are happy to know that the location of Sofitel Macau at Ponte 16 was exactly what you were looking for. Indeed, we are located in the historical and cultural site of the city. Within 10 minute walk, you can visit the St. Paul Ruins, Senado Square & Macau Museum as well as lots of local restaurants that are ready to offer the best homemade local dishes.

Any plans to visit Macau? We hope to remain as your first choice during future visits. Next time you can join us in our French fine dining restaurant Prive.

We are looking forward to having you back soon!

Yours sincerely,

Doha, Qatar
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

The room at this hotel was both large and well priced, in fact the room was less than the cost of a room at other similar hotels in the area. The facilities were immaculate. We cannot say enough great things about this hotel, city and it's wonderful people. One of the most enjoyable places we have ever stayed.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Juan Pablo R, Quality Assurance Manager at Sofitel Macau at Ponte 16, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Bonjour,

Dear Accorhotels.com traveler. (Aka. Neleh D)

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your recent experience at the Sofitel Macau at Ponte 16! We are really happy to know that you had a very enjoyable stay and that our facilities and overall service was up to your expectations.

Knowing that Sofitel Macau has been one of the most enjoyable hotels you have ever visited brings us joy and pride. We have shared your review with all our team and motivated them with your kind words.

Any plan to come back to Macau? We hope to remain as your first choice in the city for future holidays!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

The pillow is too soft for both of us, I got a half use of body bath and requested for a new one but took over 20mins to bring it over. General cleanliness is acceptable, but the entrance lobby been aged which suggest to have a change over.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Juan Pablo R, Quality Assurance Manager at Sofitel Macau at Ponte 16, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Bonjour,

Dear Accorhotels.com traveler. (Aka. CoolBi)

We would like to apologize for the issues encountered with the delivery of the amenities and the softness of the pillow. We suggest for your future visit to share this request with our team in reservations when making your booking directly with our hotel and we will make sure the pillow in your room will be more comfortable.

Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I stayed here about a year ago but I feel I should put in a good word for this excellent hotel and its superb standards of service. When I was there I found the pool and spa areas a little disappointing but the lovely buffet dinners and general friendliness of the staff more than made up for this. The location is a little quirky but extremely well positioned for the main sights and infinitely preferable to the god forsaken strip area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Juan Pablo R, Quality Assurance Manager at Sofitel Macau at Ponte 16, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Bonjour,

Dear Accorhotels.com traveler. (Aka David M)

We are honored to know that even after 1 year Sofitel Macau at Ponte 16 is still in your mind! In the end this is exactly what we aim for everyday: creating memorable experiences for our guests. We are very happy to read your kind review.

We have good news for you! Earlier this year we opened our new So Spa! It is one of the most relaxing corners in Macau City. If you come back, we suggest adding this relaxing experience to your bucket list!

We hope we can remain as your first choice when visiting the city again! We look forward to welcoming you soon.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Macau is known for its gambling but for those that wish to explore the UNESCO heritage sites or to just relax, this is a wonderful place to stay. Fabulous facilities, attentive staff and relaxing spa facilities.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Juan Pablo R, Quality Assurance Manager at Sofitel Macau at Ponte 16, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Bonjour,

Dear Accorhotels.com traveler. (Aka. trip616)

Thank you for sharing with us your recent visit at the Sofitel Macau at Ponte 16. We are glad to know that overall your stay went extremely well.

As you mentioned, the hotel is located in the old Macau side. We are proud to share this area with all heritage and cultural spots and the best part is that they are within a 10 minute walk! And if you are also interested on visiting the big casino complex in Taipa, there are several shuttle buses from other hotels departing near our property too.

We are happy to know that everything was enjoyable during your stay in Sofitel Macau and that our Ambassadors were able to create a memorable experience for you.

J.P. Rodriguez

Been to Sofitel Macau at Ponte 16? Share your experiences!