“Amazing” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 85 hotels in Macau
australia
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for one night initially and decided to stay another. It was out of this world, amazing service and a brilliant stay. I don't care too much for macaus casinos, the old town colour on the walls and doors are the drawcard for me. Stayed exec, so worth it. The staff were so friendly, I loved it and have not felt that special in a hotel before. The Hermes toileteries a plus and the mj gallery, so bad 25! Thank you thank you. Ooh, you must have a massage in the hotels spa. My therapist was the best, I hope is am correct in recalling her name - Pret. So wonderful . Jason

Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
MDIRKS, Director of Quality at Sofitel Macau at Ponte 16, responded to this review, November 20, 2012

Dear comingtophuket,

We are incredibly happy with the review you left on this website regarding your recent stay at Sofitel Macau at Ponte 16.

The ambassadors on the Club Sofitel floor are passionate hoteliers and I will ensure your feedback reaches them; I'm positive they will be very proud of hearing about your wonderful stay.

I will also pass on your regards to Khun Phet, a wonderful therapist who embodies the real spirit of our brand new So Spa.

Thank you again for taking the time to leave your comments on this website and we hope to welcome you back to Sofitel Macau some time in the future.

1,746 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I have stayed two nights in the Sofitel Macau at Ponte 16 and I think this was one of the best choices for Macau. Hotel is located within walking distance to the old part of the town and it's easy accessible by taxi, shuttle bus (from the ferry terminal only until 11pm) or local transportation.

I was glad that I was able to change room type to my preferred, with a King bed. Our room #1223 (Luxury Room) was great: spacious, large, comfortable, fresh, elegant and clean. I did enjoy it a lot.

At the time of checking-in my Le Club Accorhotels status was recognized and I have received vouchers for welcome drink and on the other day box of four lovely chocolates was waiting for me in my room - I really liked that. Thank you Sofitel :)

In the room there was everything you could expect to have in a good five star hotel, like flat-screen TV, coffee/tea making facilities, mini-bar, safety deposit box, complimentary bottled water, free Wi-Fi Internet access, luxury toiletries in the bathroom. I loved shower there as well. Definitely money well spent.

The only one issue (small comment) I have is extremely strong smell of roses in the lobby. I know, this is nice touch, but 50% less. It was just annoying and for some people (like my partner) just not possible to stay there for more than 5 minutes without headache.

Check-out was again very efficient and professional. They helped me as well with storing my luggage for few hours and then calling for a taxi to the airport. I have to say, that staff in Sofitel Macau at Ponte 16 is superb! Well done and I hope managers could see that as well. Thank you very much for great time in Macau.

My points for Le Club Accorhotels were not accumulated automatically, so I had to claim it after that.

Room Tip: Luxury Room with a River View are great!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
MDIRKS, Director of Quality at Sofitel Macau at Ponte 16, responded to this review, November 15, 2012

Dear marqoos_pl,

Congratulations on your great number of reviews you have written on TripAdvisor already. This adds an additional level of shine to your wonderful comments about your recent stay at Sofitel Macau at Ponte 16.

The reference you made in your remarks about the service is a big feather in our cap because we are convinced that service makes all the difference between a good and a great hotel.

I apologize you had to claim your Le Club Accorhotels points, rather than having them automatically added to your account; I will ensure this is communicated to the relevant department.

Also, we have turned down the volume of aromatherapy that we apply in the lobby to avoid any discomfort to our guests; we appreciate you pointing it out to us.

Thank you again for your great review and we hope you continue to have Magnifique journeys.

Chiang Mai, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I spent 3 nights with my partner in this magnificent hotel.

Location is optimal at a walking distance from Macau historical sites. The staff is very helpful and charming, greeting you with "Bonjour" (then talking in English).

I appreciate the luxury of the lobby and of my room and a very good gym (with no guests early morning). There is a casino with hords of players and smoke too, but not my interest. I paid 135 usd without BF and it is worth. I would choose Sofitel again when I come back to Macau.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear aae191,

It fantastic to read that you appreciate the little French touches of elegance that Sofitel Macau at Ponte 16 loves to add to the service it delivers to an international array of guests.

If you liked the gym in the hotel, you will be very happy to hear that next year, we are upgrading the gym to a full So Fit, to comply with the corporate Sofitel concept of state-of-the-art equipment and excellent wellness areas.

Perhaps we can welcome you back to try out the So Fit?

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

This hotel is situated in an excellent location - ideal for visiting the historic quarter of Macau. Also a few convenient bus routes if you don't want to walk. Staff were very helpful. Beautifully appointed rooms. I had a room with the city view and the view was spectacular. The food was all right but not quite the standard of other Sofitels.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
MDIRKS, Director of Quality at Sofitel Macau at Ponte 16, responded to this review, November 14, 2012

Dear Accorhotels traveler (aka happycamper2012_11),

We sincerely appreciate you took the time to leave feedback about your recent stay at Sofitel Macau at Ponte 16 on this website.

I'm sorry to hear that you experienced some issues with the food served in the hotel and I would love to hear more about the specific improvements we can make. If you have the opportunity, please email me at Maarten.Dirks@sofitel.com with any suggestions you have for the food at the hotel.

I look forward to hearing from you and thank you again for your remarks.

Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We booked the Sofitel as it was rated very well in Tripadvisor also due to my Accor membership. However the decision was a really good one as it was located close to the old centre of town, away from the glitzy commercial casinos and hotels. The staff was excellent from the time I made a reservation to the time I checked out. Really helpful and knowledgeable concierge - the bell boy suggested ways of geting aroung on the hotel shuttles (free) or public buses (clean and mostly air conditioned with announcements in three languages, cheap too), the Bell Captains were great with suggestions to restaurants, making reservations and reserving return ferries to HKIA. Room service was very good, porters ready to be of service, and the front desk staff warm and efficient. The room was comfortable iwth a feel of luxury, everything was in good working condition and comfortable. I emaillied after making my booking for the room be free of odours as my pregnant wife would have trouble with this, and the front desk upon check in had arranged and checked this without giving me a chance to ask them! A+ for attention to details. The shuttle bus was easy to get on and get off and was our main transport from the Macau Ferry terminal. No worries there. The problems to mention were 1. mattres too soft from what we are used to and at the end our back ached a bit. I think this is a Sofitel standard as we stayed in Sofitel Sydney eariler this year with same problem. 2. The wifi was really slow to non existent until our last day there. 3. Strong cigarette odours from the casino which you would certainly get a whiff of when you go to the lift. 4. Pool service was a little slow.
I had a look at the gym and the spa and although the spa a bit pricey it looked really luxurious. The pool was good also to relax in..
At the end this is a very good hotel if you just want to relax, not looking for crazy gambling tours or crazy shopping expeditions (you can still do that, Macau isnt that big and transport around is relatively easy) and want to look around the old part of ton which was really nice and safe to hang out. Would go back again next time!

Room Tip: Pick a room facing the city side, this was the recommendation from the front desk for first timers a...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear tripleyyy,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your feedback on this website about your recent stay at Sofitel Macau at Ponte 16.

Your comments and suggestions to other travelers are truly wonderful and we thank you very much for leaving such a warm and friendly comment about your experience. I'm sorry to hear of the difficulty you encountered with the WIFI signal in the hotel and the softness of the bed. Perhaps on your return visit, please do let us know of your bedding preference so we can make the bed exactly as you like it?

We hope to welcome you back some day in the future and we wish you all the very best of health to you and your expecting wife.

M.Dirks

Been to Sofitel Macau at Ponte 16? Share your experiences!