“magical” 5 of 5 stars

4.5 of 5 stars 1,977 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
“magical”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

Although located in the older part of Macau the location turned out to be a blessing as it was away from the crowds and smoky casinos. Only a short and pleasant walk to the ruins of St Pauls passing quaint little shops selling loads of cookies and barbeque pork. The room was immaculate and the bed had a super comfy mattress. The bathroom boasts a full lenghth glass panel so it feels bright and spacious.We had breakfast in the more intimate upgraded section on the 6th floor ( I think) and service was more attentive and personal and the selection good enough. All in all a great experience and we were well taken care of!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

This is the fourst time to visit Macau. I really fall in love at the first sign with this hotel . When I serch via the internet. After I talked to all my Friend who were menber of Accor advantage Plus. Thay said I must go to this hotel. So I booked my free room from Accor. I arrived so early in the morning and my room not finish yet. Because I'm a A-club Platinym member the hotel give me a welcome drink, a box of Chocolate, a bottle of red wine and upgrade from Superior room to Luxury river view room. The room was very nice and very beautiful. I get sweet dream from beding. Last thing that my 8 years old daugther said was she forget the Venetian after stayed in Sofitel Ponte 16 Macau.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

I went for a business trip in Macau recently for 7 nights. As the trip coincided over the weekend, my hubby and baby decided to come along and stayed with me for the weekend. It's a beautiful hotel, service is immaculate and the room is just superb with a great view. I would love to stay here again.

The only flaw is the website where i booked the hotel through sofitel official website. It happened to my colleague first who also went to sofitel for the same trip. He wrongly booked the dates and under the terms and conditions, he's slapped with 15% of the total hotel price penalty even though he noticed his mistake immediately and wanted to change it on the same day. We thought he was just careless when punching in the dates.

So, when it's my turn to book my room, I was very cautious and made sure i keyed in the right dates...u know what, when it is confirmed, the same thing happened to me! I was also slapped with a 15% penalty! There wasn't any use complaining to the hotel itself as1. it's difficult to understand their english when talking over the phone and 2. the booking is made through internet and there's nothing the hotel could do about it...

My colleague and I thought there could be something wrong with the website, we couldn't be sure...so, just be careful when you book through the website...

All in all, we truly enjoyed our experience with sofitel, if it weren't for that glitch, I would have given it a perfect 5!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
MDIRKS, Manager at Sofitel Macau at Ponte 16, responded to this review, July 22, 2011
Dear FadzlynFarid,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on tripadvisor.com regarding your recent visit and booking experience for Sofitel Macau at Ponte 16.

We would sincerely appreciate it if you would be so kind as to contact the hotel directly to discuss the shortcomings your highlighted in our booking system so that we may make suitable adjusments and avoid disappointment in the future. I will forward you a personal message to that effect.

In addition, we are very grateful for the warm and friendly comments you have shared about your actual stay with us. Our team prides itself in delivering Magnifique service and we are very happy to hear that you were able to enjoy your visit to Sofitel Macau at Ponte 16.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Yours sincerely,

M. Dirks
Sofitel Manager
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

Clean & comfort . The only recommend is missing some playground for kids like other Macau hotels. Since there are other attractions on th othrr side of Macau that More shuttle destinations will be great. Pool is nice with great shower and sauna. Electronic curtain is nice.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011

- Good service at front desk, customer service and room service.
- Many thanks to send the lovely chocolate to us. We love it.
- The breakfast buffet is delicious.

However, I dont understand why the review has to complete in 200 words.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

This is my 6th time staying in the hotel & always happy & satisfied with my stay.
Nice room & good location..the room now comes with free wifi, as well as the lobby, it's always convenient to stay connected with your family & friends be it in FB or whatsapp. I think all hotels should have such practice as nowadays most people are using smart hp, it's so convenient if could access to internet easily.
I would definitely stay in this hotel again & would recommend my friends too. Well done Sofitel Macau!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Been to Sofitel Macau at Ponte 16? Share your experiences!