“One of the best hotel experiences ever” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Venetian Macao Resort Hotel

You added The Venetian Macao Resort Hotel to your Saves list
The Venetian Macao Resort Hotel
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Estrada da Baia de N. Senhora da Esperanca, s/n,, Macau, China   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #17 of 89 Hotels in Macau
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Perth
“One of the best hotel experiences ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

We spent two nights in one of the cotai view suites on the 34th floor. Having recently stayed at the same hotel in Las Vegas we couldn't help but make comparisons and I can honestly say this hotel is superior to the one in Vegas.

Check in was exceptional given the amount of guests who stay we arrived via CotaiJet and took the free hotel shuttle (which even included free wifi), this was quicker than waiting for a taxi. Within 15 minutes we were at the hotel, luggage porters were very helpful and took charge of our luggage and check in was a dream with all prior requests honoured (non smoking high floor). Tip: the venetian staff are excellent at replying to emails quickly and accurately, much easier than phoning before arrival to make requests.

Our room was stunning, exactly the same as the one in Vegas. The only two disappointments were the view, we had payed for a premium cotai view but it wasn't very good, yes we had a view of the hard rock/crown towers but there is no "Strip" as such so not worth it like it is in Vegas. Secondly, the old school CRT TV in the lounge room was very dated and felt very cheap for a premium hotel.

The Qube kids club was great for our 6 year old and he is asking to go back a week later. Shopping is amazing and far superior to that in Vegas.

The only tips I will leave for western guests, especially those who are expecting it to be like Vegas are:

** Massively high table minimums in even the cheapest part of the casino. We couldn't find a blackjack minimum less than $300hkd (one table only) majority were $500hkd, the baccarat minimum on rapid baccarat was $200hkd and $500 on a table. I had no issues with this but my wife, who plays for leisure rather than for the win, did not like it at all and was very nervous.

** the food options are not as good as they are in Vegas, the quantity is as big but quality is relatively poor. Especially for breakfast options. I must say the egg tarts are amazing, the food hall was reasonably good. But we ended up dining most of the time at the Wynn hotel.

** casino is very smokey! makes Vegas look like a healthy option in comparison.

** drink service is non existent! I've been told it is there! but I gambled for a number of hours on both blackjack and baccarat and never once offered a drink.

** we were granted free internet due to our status but it is a massive daily $$$ if you must pay for it, I would recommend buying one of the $100hkd SIM cards which are available in vending machines near the convention rooms and business centre.

Overall though, it is easily in my top 5 favorite hotels of all time (I've stayed at many of the worlds best hotels), the facilities are amazing, endless choice of entertainment, great for kids, awesome service.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
CustomerCareTeam, Manager at The Venetian Macao Resort Hotel, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Dear Blaqjaq84,

Thank you for your brilliant review of your experience at The Venetian Macao Resort Hotel.
Thank you for your continuous support of The Venetian and we are extremely honored to read that our hotel is in “your top 5 hotels of all time”.
I was thrilled to read that you and your family fully enjoyed your holiday with us and found our service and facility to your liking. It is very encouraging to read that our caring team members helped to ensure your stay was seamless.
Thank you for highlighting how convenient and entertaining is our children indoor playground “Qube”.
In regards to your suite’s TV, our hotel room will be soon going under renovation to enhance our guest experience.
I was glad that we catered for every need and we hope that you and your family will return in the not too distant future for another break.

Vanessa Tanzilli – Customer Care Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (664)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

The place is massive! I guess most hotels in Macau are probably this size considering Macau is the Eastern Las Vegas equivalent. The place is lovely, however everything in the Venetian is EXPENSIVE. If you like shopping and spending money then great, this is the place for you.

The room was rather lovely, however a bit annoyed by the stench in the bathroom and it was really warm and rather quite gross. Stench is probably from poor drainage/sewer system over the hundreds of rooms available across all the floors. Room service is very expensive and also we made the mistake of using the phone to dial internationally which cost us £50 for an hour phone call - oops.

Room Tip: Don't use the room service, as you can literally take the lift downstairs and browse through a m...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Garfield_1990,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay at The Venetian Macao Resort Hotel, for which we are very grateful.
I am thrilled to know that you were impressed with our integrated resort and enjoy the space of your suite, ideal for family.
Please be rest assured your remark in regards to the bathroom has been passed to the respective department, for further action. I am sorry that you did not bring your concern to our attention during your stay, so that we could address the issue immediately.
Also, it is disappointing to read you felt that your In Room Dining culinary experience was not special and we will work toward improving the experience.
We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the hotel, the next time you are in Macau.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

I had the chance to visit Macau last December and decided to try the Venetian although I have been in the place many times since 2010 but it was the first time for me to book a room. I was fascinated by the room we booked (Royal Suite) because of its elegance and it was spacious (more or less 70+ m2). It has it's own living room, 2 tv sets, king-size bed (very comfortable), mini-bar (items are not free unlike other hotels)and spacious bathroom. One thing I think they need to improve providing free wifi to hotel guests which I think is necessary.If you are the type who just like to stay in the room I really recommend this hotel. It was a rainy day when we visited Macau so we just stay in our room (no regrets). The hotel lobby is as always very beautiful and I always make it a point to take a picture whenever I ho to Venetian. We also had the chance to see the "Ice World" which opened 3rd week of November til 2nd week of March. The temperature is really cold so it is advisable that you bring your own globes and bonets because winter jacket is what they only provide. We also tried the buffet dinner at Bambu and was dully satisfied. Over all stay was fantastic.

• Stayed December 2013
Dear RCC0916,

It is very rewarding to read such a wonderful review following your “Fantastic stay” at The Venetian Macao Resort Hotel, and for sharing your photos.
Thank you for choosing to stay with us for this getaway and we are thrilled to read that you fully enjoyed the entire experience, especially our extremely spacious and elegant Euro-style suite and the breathtaking “Ice World” event.
We are so happy that you were impressed with our hotel and thank you for pointing out how beautiful our lobby is.
For your future stay, I kindly invite you to book online through our website and enjoy complimentary wifi service.
We look forward to serving you as hosts again, very soon.

Makati, Philippines
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

Second trip to Macau and the initial plan was to stay at the Hyatt, but that was fully booked so I thought let's try the Venetian instead. I somehow wish I hadn't.

While 'run down' is a bit of a strong term, the place does have a bit of a feel about it that its best times are already behind it, at least as soon as you leave the shiny entrance hall and the huge casino.

We got a Cotai View suite on the 24th floor, which gives you a great view over.....the muddy and grey construction site that is the Cotai Strip at the moment. So nothing for nature enthusiasts or landscape aficionados, that's for sure. The room is quite big at 70 square meters or thereabouts and includes a small step down from the area where the bed is to the sitting area. It has two TVs, one in the bedroom area that's a small-ish flat screen, and a small-ish one in the sitting area that looks like it's a leftover from the 90s. The channel buttons on both remotes got stuck all the time, leaving us to play an interesting game of "Can you stop at the channel you actually wanted".

The tea & coffee making facilities are stingy (two tiny coffee portions and not even spoons) and as Wifi wasn't included in the room rate, it cost us HKD160 per day. The bed was nice and firm, though, once you found it under the myriad of pillows.

The bathroom has more mirrors than Versailles but sadly the toilet room smelt of sewage, a smell that didn't go away for the whole week. I'm guessing there's something wrong with their plumbing as some friends who stayed in another room mentioned the same thing to us. The shower has the subtlety of a fire hose, which is good if you like to be woken up by a freezing torrent of water. There are two makeup mirrors but both didn't work as the light bulbs were gone. The whole bathroom seemed less than fully cleaned when we arrived. Water marks around the washing basins, etc. Just not up to the standard you'd expect of a place like this.

On the subject of standards, the breakfast is worth a mention. I booked room only (which I didn't know as their official website is so bad for booking rooms. I first thought it was a fake site, but it's just very basic and you can't choose options like breakfast, wifi, etc.) and decided to add breakfast when we checked in. They charge USD 45 for two per day, which is quite a lot. So we expected something decent when we went to Cafe Deco in the morning, one of the places that serves breakfast buffet.

I noticed there are some army barracks across the street from the hotel, but I was unaware that their food is served at the hotel, until we tried the breakfast buffet. After having been greeted by a somewhat grumpy manager at the Cafe Deco reception (she seemed to be a manager - swooned in, barked something at a couple of staff and customers, then swooned out), a more friendly member of staff showed us to our table. In summary, the place has the atmosphere of an East German train station waiting hall, and the food quality to match. We had one breakfast and cancelled the other three, as it's simply not worth the money. You're better off grabbing something at the Starbucks around the corner.

So all in all, I'd say don't bother staying there if you plan on visiting Macau. Stay at one of the cheaper places and simply stop by to look at the fake canal, entrance hall, etc... We left somewhat disappointed and won't be back.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Frank S,

Thank you for your detailed review following your recent visit at The Venetian Macao Resort Hotel, as it allows us to identify our areas of opportunity.
Whilst we are pleased to read your positive comments about how beautiful our lobby is and our extremely spacious suite, we are sorry to hear that your stay did not fit your needs.
It is disappointing to read that you found a couple of issues in your suite and soon our hotel rooms will be going under renovation, to enhance our customer’s experience.
We will follow up each and every item you had reviewed to work toward improvement, as we are committed to our guest satisfaction.
I kindly invite you to book your future stay on line through our website and enjoy fabulous package including breakfast and complimentary wifi.
We hope you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back and at which time we will spare no effort in providing you with the perfect stay.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

Rooms are nice and large but its very old fashioned. For example there is no switch near the bed to charge mobile. Bathroom is nice and spacious.
The hotel is too big and touch to go anywhere. Its a nice hotel but there is no feel of being important to the hotel staff.
I would say its not worth the money paid.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
CustomerCareTeam, Manager at The Venetian Macao Resort Hotel, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Dear Abhishek1308,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments following your recent stay at The Venetian Macao Resort Hotel.
I am delighted to read that you and your family enjoyed our spacious Euro-style suite and bathroom.I will be sure to share your remark regarding the decoration and we hope it did not dampen your experience of the beauty our hotel offers.
I am pleased to inform you our hotel room will be soon going under renovation.
I have taken note on those aspects that were below your expectation and certainly we will take this into consideration, as we continue to refine our products and service.
We hope upon your next visit that you will consider The Venetian as your destination hotel, and see the improvements that we have made.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

My husband and I loved this Resort Hotel (Casino) . This place is huge. Even to reception is a fair walk to check in. There was a great selection of restaurants. Great Irish Bar to get a drink & meet people. The room we stayed in was like a suite. It had a large Bedroom & Bathroom with separate toilet, as well as a sunken lounge. This casino has an 18 hole putting golf course on one of the floors as well as a Venice inspired canal with gondolas. Lots of shops which were mostly highend which was a little disappointing. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear DaisyOM,

Thank you for your sterling review following your recent stay at The Venetian Macao Resort Hotel.
I am glad we had an opportunity to provide you with such a pleasant experience and that you were able to take advantage of our properties facilities and amenities.
Thank you for pointing out the convenience of our Grado Golf, our breathtaking Grand Canal Gondola Ride and our restaurants delight selection from Authentic Macanese to Asian dishes and International food, all under one roof.
Your high recommendation is our biggest compliment and we hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you and your husband back to the hotel soon.

Mumbai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

The hotel was very grand and spacious. Quality & services were very good. The shopping mall is very big & convenient. The place where they need to improve is sometimes the time between Shuttles. Rest everything is perfect

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear rohitkaliyar,

Thank you for your brilliant review of your experience at The Venetian Macao Resort Hotel and we are extremely honored that you described your stay as “above perfect”.
I am delighted that you were impressed with our hotel and found comfort with our beautifully decorated and well-appointed suite.
We also take pride in knowing that our caring team members were able to offer excellent customer service during your visit.
I appreciate your feedback about our free shuttle bus service’s schedules and we will certainly pass your comment for possible improvement.
We hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Vanessa Tanzilli – Customer Care Manager

Been to The Venetian Macao Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!