“We loved staying here – luxurious” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Venetian Macao Resort Hotel

You added The Venetian Macao Resort Hotel to your Saves list
The Venetian Macao Resort Hotel
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Estrada da Baia de N. Senhora da Esperanca, s/n,, Macau, China   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #17 of 85 Hotels in Macau
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“We loved staying here – luxurious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

My family and I loved our stay at this hotel. The service was excellent, the rooms was spacious and opulent and the casino was great fun. As well, there was a plethora of shops and restaurants – it was impossible to get around the whole place in the two days we had here. If you are taking the ferry from Hong Kong, get the Cotai Jet to the Taipa Ferry Terminal and there are continuous free buses to the hotel from there (literally, one would drive out and another would drive in). Also, if you are leaving from Hong Kong Airport (or arriving from) you can get a ferry directly from the skypier without having to complete immigration formalities for Hong Kong. One of the nicest hotels I have ever seen/stayed in and definitely recommended!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
CustomerCareTeam, Manager at The Venetian Macao Resort Hotel, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear excusemeloose,

Thank you for letting us know about your recent visit. We hope your feedback will motivate fellow travelers to visit us when traveling in Macau.
We are happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay. At The Venetian Macau Resort Hotel, we care about our guests and endeavor our best efforts to make their stay relaxing. We very much appreciate your kind words, particularly of our team members who provided excellent service to assist you with your requirements. I will certainly share your valuable comments to the team!
Again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you in the near future for another memorable holiday.

Dave Chan ~ Manager of Customer Care

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (604)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Willaston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Stayed a week for business conference. This place is huge & even after 6 days struggled to find way around. Literally built around a central casino which you have to traverse one way or another to get anywhere. Smoking is not permitted in much of the hotel but is in parts of casino & some bars, so you will get smoked, particularly in the casino. Some very impressive features like grand canal with gondolas (on third floor!), some excellent on-property restaurants, golf putting course (on 7th floor!) but all in all has a 'tacky' feel and I personally would recommend Vegas.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear SAHWillaston,

Thank you for sharing your comments and staying with us while attending business conference.
I will be sure to share your feedback regarding smoking in the casino and smoking areas with the relevant departments so that they may utilize it to improve their areas. Laws were introduced at the beginning of the year that do not permit smoking in Shopping Malls & Restaurants and next year that will expand to cover a significant area of the Casino – hopefully making for a more pleasant experience for non-smokers.
I am delighted that you enjoyed the variety of the entertainment & facilities our Resort has to offer. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

I have been staying in so many hotels in the world. In fact I have worked in a 5-6 stars hotel as an Executive Secretary for few years in my working career but staying at The Venetians was a real treat. Hearing so much from my friends about The Venetians, I decided to take my family there to have a taste of The real Venetians.

We spent 2 nights/3 days in this huge and grand hotel. You can easily get lost due to the crowd. It has 3000 rooms, North wings, south wings & west wings. Every bedroom is a suite, huge, almost 700 sq. feet like a medium size apartment in Hong Kong and Tokyo. Food court has great variety of different restaurants catered for different nationality, it's a bit pricey, but you can find everything under one roof. After all it's a resort... Everything was tip top except the swimming area which was at the very end of south side, needed to walk a fairly long distance from the elevator to get there. There are four pools but only one with warm water at all time. Staff are very polite. I need to recommend one of the duty manager on the west side lobby that he was very helpful when I left a package for my friend to pick it up. Unfortunately I have forgotten his name.

There are so many shuttle buses running to different other hotels and to Macau Ferry Concourse. It's extremely hard to get taxi as Taipa is an island outside of Macau. It's worth exploring nearby hotel resorts e.g. Galaxy - enormous especially at night time, it's glamorous and breath taking, huge and grand, goldie colour, very impressive. The other hotel is City of Dreams. We have watched the most famous and popular show - Dancing Water, it's spectacular, last for one and half hours. The show has lasted almost 2 years, still so popular. I strongly recommend this.

We liked to visit the local, so we walked the overpass from the west side lobby. It took us only 10-15 minutes walk with the help of three pedestrain conveyors (walkers), which led us to the local markets and the famous streets Rue Da Cunha where one can find the famous souvenirs to bring home i.e. different type of biscuits. The restaurants there are less expensive than eating in the hotel.

Room Tip: If you like to visit casino often, then choose the north side. I chose the south side, non-smoking.
Dear Annette2010Melbourne,

Thank you for sharing your comments following your stay. We are pleased to know that you and your family had an enjoyable stay. Hope your future travel plans will include Macau again and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Venetian Macau Resort Hotel on your next holiday to this sensational city. Hope you will share with your friends in India about us.

Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

What should have been a nice evening with some friends in The Venetian, was quickly ruined by the hotel inefficiency to cope with a large number of guests arriving. You would think that a place of this size is equiped to do the check in in an efficient way, though this is clearly not the case. I queued for 1 hour just to check in and get my room key !!! After exhausting travels standing in line for 1 hour just to get a key is no fun. Check out was again the summum of inefficienty. Hordes of employees behind the check out desk, though at least 20 minutes queuing.

It is obvious that the Las Vegas Sands corporation (LVS) is not caring about the ordinary guest. Full focus is on the highrollers, platinum members and VIPs who have a separate check in without any queuing. Also to gamble, do not expect to queue : everything immediately available. But to check in in a hotel room of only 350 USD a night : why would they care...

Make sure you do not have to be connected during your stay. Internet is complimentary, though so extremely slow that you cant use it. I wanted to synchronize my emails, though impossible to get this done through the room wifi. Would have taken days. I checked out the next day and moved to another hotel, because I needed to be online. Be warned : not the right hotel for the connected traveller !

The room is very specious and very kitchy with a lot of fake gold. Not everyone's taste, though it is in a fairly good condition and well maintained. Except... some long black hairs in the bathroom. I still don't get it why they call it "royal suite"... It is the cheapest and most ordinary room and it is a large room with a little sitting corner. But do not expect anything royal here.

With the huge offering of very nice hotels with excellent customer service like Four Seasons, Hyatt and Galaxy, I would definitely not opt for the Venetian and they will not get my business again as I do not feel respected as a spending customer.

Room Tip: the hotels next door are for sure better value for money with a higher service level
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Dear Tk100964,

Thank you for your recent feedback and it comes to our concern to learn about your stay was affected by the unfortunate experience upon arrival and your disappointment in terms of the Hotel services. Being a “massive icon” does provide some logistical challenges but we will continue to work on providing as personal an experience as possible. We value your feedback as it helps us in our efforts to further develop guest services & I will share your comments with the team. I hope we are able to welcome you back soon.

Amritsar, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

GRAND. KINGSIZE. ROYAL. PERECT. These expressions apply to every corner, every facility and each thing related to Venetian. Stayed there for 2 nights ( my bad luck as i wasted 3 in hongkong) and the experience is deeply embedded in my memories forever. Things and processes are so perfect that i just cannot detail the how deeply they must have thought of the guest mentality before designing this place. I stayed in the royal suite and this was a suite in the true form.Huge bath area with big bedroom and large sitting area. Felt like a king when i entered at first. Every amenity i needed was there in my room and didnt feel the need to call any hotel services for anything in my 2 day visit. Services are so automated and timely that it is hard to believe how do they manage this big a place and this rush of guests. Everything one needs is available in this hotel. Be it leisure,enjoyment,thrill or romance.It is a small world inside four walls. A must visit place.

Dear Rajfabio,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience of your stay with us. It is truly a pleasure to learn that you had lots of fun here and consider us the perfect vacation for anyone!

Patna, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

When two of us (I along with one of my friends) entered the place, we expected the spectacular as we have heard all the years. We were in no way disappointed. We spent the first few hours in understanding the MAP of the hotel and how to navigate through it. It took a while but then we were ready to plunge into trying our Luck at Casinos............We realized soon that betting minimum of 300 HKDs on various Tales of Balckjack, Sicbo, Baccarat (heard for the first time), Roulette is going to be no mean task for feeble hearted like we were. So We spent the Time at Bellini Lonunge - WHAT A LOVELY PLACE IT IS - with live band and huge HD screen as its back drop. The hotel is a great vacation spot for everybody

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear PrashantBh,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience. I am very pleased your visit was both fascinating & memorable for the party. We look forward to welcoming you in the near future for another memorable holiday.

herzlia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

On the way to Australia we decided to stop over in Macau for a few days and we chose to stay at the Venetian based on our previous experience in Las Vegas. Almost a "cut and paste" from Vegas. We enjoyed our stay very much. The room we received was huge and the facilities in the hotel are of excellent quality. They provide transportation service all over Macau.Two issues that we came across: The level of English of many of the staff is not satisfactory to provide an adequate response to your needs. Secondly, during certain parts of the day the hotel is overcrowded.

Room Tip: We upgraded to a larger suite and we felt we had the royal treatment. Huge and very well equiped.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
CustomerCareTeam, Manager at The Venetian Macao Resort Hotel, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear udihc,

Thank you for sharing your comments following your stay. We value your feedback as it helps us in enhancing and developing the service we provide to our guests. I can assure you your comments have been shared with the departments concerned for addressing & we hope to welcome you again in the future.

Dave Chan ~ Manager of Customer Care

Been to The Venetian Macao Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!