“Exceptional service and family friendly!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pousada de Mong-Ha

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Macau
Pousada de Mong-Ha
You added Pousada de Mong-Ha to your Saves list
Colina de Mong-Ha, Macau, China   |
Ranked #3 of 85 Hotels in Macau
4.5 of 5 stars 326 Reviews
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Exceptional service and family friendly!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

My husband, infant daughter, and I recently stayed at Pousada de Mong-Ha and were extremely impressed with the service. The staff were very willing to help carry bags, etc but not in a way that was pushy or obnoxious. In fact, they were extremely professional and interested in helping. When we tried to offer a tip to the porter he mentioned that they did not accept tips but that group donations are happily accepted. The Pousada is not in the historic district, but I thought it was great to be in a less touristy area. There are many buses to catch just at the base of the hill and they make for a fun experience in and of themselves. In fact, my daughter made friends with a couple of bus goers by the time we got to our destination. The staff at the Pousada were also very helpful with our daughter. They had a crib ready upon our arrival and were very helpful with our bags when we arrived and departed. The Pousada is great and I highly recommend it!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights in deluxe room. I really liked the room which was very spacious. The only thing didn't like was the moldish smell. Our room was on the first floor so I guess they might have some slight problems due to the humidity. I also didn't quite know how to use the massage shower, it was a bit useless. I think they should consider investing on rainfall showers. The room had nice and interesting decorations.

The thing I liked at the hotel was the service. The students were so cute and helpful. there, you didn't face fake smiles for money. The students did their best to make your stay best. The service at the breakfast hall was also superb. Because of the service, I would really love to stay at this place again.

I guess this place would be perfect if you are planning to stay at macao for a longer period or if you already know how to use the transportation. As I was staying only for 2 nights and it was my first visit to macao, the hotel's location was a bit problem. The hotel was a bit far from the attractions and the taxi drivers didn't seem to know it. However, it was pretty easy to travel by local bus to the more central locations. If you wish to visit some of the casinos you can also use the free casino shuttle buses which have stops in several locations such as the ferry terminal or border gate. Remember to use the buses for visitors and if using the bus remember to first enter to the selected casino ;)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

My husband and I stayed in this hotel for our honeymoon last January. I have to say after staying in this hotel, I couldn't be contented with other hotels unless they can match Pousada! For the price I have to pay for our stay, I would say everything is surely worth every penny!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

A classy boutique hotel with 5 stars service, quality, cleanliness, value and friendliness. Oh, by the way, it managed by students.

The breakfast and dinner were superb. Go early for breakfast and get a table under the arches. Then sip your freshly brewed coffee and you contemplate your travel plans while gazing at the greenery below you. Dab your lips to remove with the fine linen napkin. You get the idea.

For dinner, go to the Educational Restaurant, and order the Tasting Menu for 2 people. Super food quality and value for money. The steak itself is worth the cost of the dinner.

The big hotels along COTAI are spectacular. But if you need calmness, serenity and away from it all, go to the hills, go to the Pousada.

Peng Soon, June 2012

Room Tip: Book early.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

this is my third trip and people ask me why i choose a hotel off the track without a pool, i just say 'try it for yourself'
This is a retreat. if you need to unwind, come in. Friendly service from willing staff at a very reasonable price.My wife and I always take the suite and eel at home here

Room Tip: book a suite, you will not regret it
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Mobile, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

All the other reviews have raved about the wonderful service you get from this hotel, which I will attest to. The students really go out of their way to help you and make your stay problem-free. I loved the free cookie in the room (it was yummy!) and the choice of either soft, medium or firm pillow. Book early though, since they're often fully booked months in advance. Fortunately for us, we traveled from Wed to Saturday so we were still able to book a deluxe room last March (stayed here June). I booked via their website, and was in touch with them via email (all emails are promptly replied to) prior to my arrival.

During the check-in, they asked for a deposit to cover incidentals, which was charged to the card, but it was promptly returned to my card after a week following check-out. Didn't have any problems, unlike my previous stay in another hotel in Macau, wherein I had to wait for a refund for about two months!

The breakfast was good, the green tea muffin is a must-try. They had a shuttle for outbound trips only (3 trips per day), we took a cab back to the hotel after seeing the sights. The hotel is a little bit far from most tourist spots, and finding a taxi to take us back to the hotel during the afternoon rush hour was a challenge.

I had a very quiet and relaxing stay and will definitely stay at this hotel again the next time I'm in Macau!

Room Tip: Get a deluxe! For only 100 MOP more, you get a much bigger room and a better bathroom!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Brummie in London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

Having spent my first night in HK, was keen to get across to Macau and experience a bit of that before the room rates shot up for the weekend. As it turned out, I timed it terribly as Friday was a Chinese public holiday, but Pousasda had availability for the Thursday night at a very reasonable rate of 70MOP and seeing as it was held in such high-esteem by my fellow Tripadvisors, couldn't resist checking it out for myself.

Armed with the directions from their website, I stubbornly decided to make my own way there on the bus and would heartily advise just about everyone else against doing the same. The directions aren't great (actually, probably ought to write my own and send them as a suggestion), but with taxis in Macau being quite reasonable, I'd have saved myself a lot of time and hassle had I taken one and not ended up missing their evening shuttle as well.

The Deluxe Room I was allocated was more like a small suite, with an entrance area (where the in-room PC was situated) that led to the impeccably made bedroom and shower-room, of which I've uploaded photos.

Having missed the shuttle, decided not to miss out on Happy Hour and so headed up to the Educational Restaurant for a surprisingly good Macau beer and an excellent Mojito. As I was there, decided to stay for dinner and had the delicious “balichao” tamarind pork with pressed rice Macanese option. Mildly annoyingly, having been given the dessert menu, settled on the crepes suzette, only to then be told that it wasn't available. D'oh!

Slept brilliantly, breakfast was good selection and delicious and then (as advised) checked out in good time to make sure I was ready for the shuttle that would leave promptly at 10:00. Only it didn't, because someone who wanted to get it didn't try to check out until the shuttle was due to leave and then there was apparently some issue with the printer (or so I later overheard the couple say, not that they bothered to apologise). Was somewhat annoyed at the delay seeing as I'd been advised / warned, more so when it had the knock-on effect of me missing two more shuttle buses and not getting to do the bungy that was my main reason for visiting Macau. Fortunately, I'm over that now as I got to do it (twice) the following day.

I can see why the Pousada has been so popular with other guests, even if my experience wasn't quite as it might have been. The staff were very good, very polite, very well-informed. I'm quite a low-maintenance guest, but am loathe to call them over-enthusiastic. I think that they are just trying to find their feet in their chosen profession and from the conversations I heard other guests having, they certainly appreciated their attentiveness. Maybe I'm just not quite as old already as I feared I was!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Been to Pousada de Mong-Ha? Share your experiences!