“Good food.” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #34 of 372 Restaurants in Macau
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Reservations
Description: Bene is an upbeat and friendly Italian trattoria which serves traditional Italian home-style dishes that the entire family will love. The authentic food, cozy and cheerful decor, relaxing alfresco area, superb barista coffee and great Italian music, make Bene a quintessentially Italian experience.
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Good food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I went to this restaurant as I was staying at this hotel complex. Everyday I walked in front of restaurant entrance and it looked tempting. We all had spaghetti or pizza. Food was what you would expect in a complex with 5 star hotels.
Our waiter had no clue about wine, he had very hard time opening a bottle. He mixed up still and sparkling water when pouring glasses. Service staff needs to brush up their skills as they are in a different level from the fantastic food.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Chinese (Traditional) first
“" Set Lunch " it was very tasteful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

After we have tried the restaurant now for the third time, I would like to recommend
this place. We had chosen the Set Lunch with the starter Mascarpone filled with Ravioli,
following the main dish Sardines with vegetables and finally the dessert Lemon Sorbet and
all tastet very delicious. Perfect timing appeared for our business lunch. Very reasonable
price, please give it a try! Very comfortable seats and nice atmosphere.
Staff are very friendly, smiling and attentive all the time.
For sure we are coming back to the Bene Restaurant in Sheraton, Cotai -:))

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Gurgaon,Haryana,India
“An Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Hi ths is my first blog. Ive almost travelled the whole of south east asia. I wanted to share my experience about what happened with me at BENE ITALIAN RESTAURANT IN SHERATON MACAU. By the way im a sikh by religion(google sikh). As soon as i entered,i asked  for a table for 2.She turned around and  replied that u would have to take of ure cap. I asked why.Her reply that it being a casino area. I replied by saying that the restaurant is not a casino, but she insisted on it.Then she said that only smart casuals are allowed. I looked at myself, i was wearing a smart looking jeans with a espirt shirt ,branded shoes, where am i not dressed appropriately?By the way it is not  written inside or outside that the dress code for ths place is smart casuals. Then my wife suggested that if i could turn around my cap as it was permitted in casinos all around Macau . After thinking for a minute she allowed us to enter. By this moment i was totally embarrassed and wanted to just run out the restaurant.I got seated and what do i see next to me there were a few people dressed in their night suits,i pointed this out to her and she said that this was permitted. I was like are'nt these double standards ,you tell me that there is a dress code and then you allow ppl in night suits. Is that really smart casuals?I just made a face and let it go but she came up to me and said that ure free to write a comment if u wish to. I said i will.I finished my dinner that evening and went  in total humiliation . My point is not to challenge their rules  but to make them understand that u need to be sensitive towards ure customers and their religion. This situation could have been handled in a total different way. Like before asking me to take off my cap,may be understand what my religioin is?As we always cover our heads either with a cap or turban. Secondly try to find a solution from the word go,rather than embarrassing the poor chap like turning the cap around.Dont indulge in a verbal fight with the customer.In whole this being a service industry , try to make the customer feel welcome not humiliated .Room no. Sky 1412 still staying... 14th to 17th...

Hong Kong
“bravo... carbonate!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Tried this resturant during my stay at sheraton hotel macau, the only reason for me to come back is their superb CARBONATE. highly recommended. It is tasty. Environment is great. Just located next to the lift entrance. Price is acceptable. Also can try their cold cut platter (not remember the exact name) it is yummy too.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Terrible experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Simply terrible experience (you can get the better food at other restaurant within SCC area). The hostess was really friendly to escort us to the table. The restaurant is huge and beautiful. But, only half full of guests setting at the restaurant. We have ordered 3 of the main course and that were 'sold out'. The chilled seafood platter smelt, I asked the waitress to bring the food to check with the kitchen about the freshness of seafood. After a while, the restaurant manager Michael bring back the food and leave it on the table and said the foods is well prepare, that is not any issue after checking by chef. He said, "This is your problem, may be you doesn't like the food". Smile and walk away without any solution. I have to ask the waitress to remove the smelly seafood platter from my table. Once we finished the dinner and asked for the bill, I saw the seafood platter was charging into the bill. I comment to the waitress about the food was smelly, and we just took a few pieces of clams and reject it because of the smelt. This items should remove it from bill. The restaurant assistant manager Anne said to me, I have to pay for this items although of no finish the dishes. Because of I had already consume the food. It’s really make me felt embarrassed to argue in front of my client. I hope the management can really train the staff for problem solving especially for the manager level.

• Visited March 2013