“Needs uplift but the service is fantastic” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Coloane Resort Macau

You added Grand Coloane Resort Macau to your Saves list
Grand Coloane Resort Macau
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   No.1918 Estrada de Hac Sa, Coloane, Macau, China (Formerly The Westin Resort Macau)   |
Ranked #23 of 85 Hotels in Macau
4.0 of 5 stars 480 Reviews
Binan, Laguna
“Needs uplift but the service is fantastic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

We've stayed at this hotel in 2010 and we were back for more. The property certainly needs some renovation but we remembered the excellent service provided by a lot of Filipino service staff from 2010. We were not disappointed. To Princess, Ariel and Christian and the other superb staff at the Westin Macau..great job guys! See you again sometime soon!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Westin M, Executive Assistant Manager at Grand Coloane Resort Macau, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your support and the delightful message you shared with us.

I am happy to know we continue to make your stay in Macau an enjoyable experience.

Please let us know when you will be back to the warmth and hospitality of the “Westin Macau” family again.

Be rejuvenated.

Executive Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

This is one of the best hotels I have ever been to. I was there a few years back and it was an amazing experience.

What a fantastic room with a view to the sea . And they really did advertise the bed on their website and I must say , it was a relaxing and sound sleep I had there !

Wonderful spa , a little pricey but worth it . Has a golf course that is very well maintained. Has a golf driving range that you can hit balls into the sea !

Location is so perfect , away from all the noise and clutter of the city and casinos.

The breakfast spread was extensive. We were four of us with different tastes but had something there for everyone .

THe room service was amazing . I used the gym and pool facilities . Well maintained and top notch .

I am trying really hard to think of something I did not like so that this post doesnt sound all good , but I really cannot think of any . Its an ideal getaway , and they have taxis and bus services to all the local spots . Like the Macau museum is a must see .

You will not be disappointed . Well , it will be very very hard to be disappointed with this place.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Westin M, Executive Assistant Manager at Grand Coloane Resort Macau, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

It is such a pleasure to read your review and we appreciate for your time taken to express your Westin Experience.

We are proud to provide a unique travel experience like no others in Macau. Just minutes away from the hustle and bustle of Macau, it is a perfect getaway for a renewing sleep, energizing workout, nourishing foods and clean, fresh air. All enable our guests to preserve wellness during travel.

Conveniently accessible from the top floor of the hotel, guests may challenge 18-hole par 71 course or just sharpen their skills with a little ocean swing practice. Either way, guests will marvel at the unique ocean-side setting of our golf facilities.

We hope that we remain your hotel of choice when visiting Macau again for another indulging getaway.

For a better you.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We returned to the Westin Resort and I must admit we were not sorry!! This hotel staff is very helpful and accommodating and the rooms are spacious and well appointed! Every room has a beach or ocean view!
The buffet breakfast provides a huge assortment of all kinds of international foods. I enjoyed the home baked breads and mueslic cereal and bacon and omelets and fresh fruit. The wait staff is very attentive and service oriented! The Indian chef, Nati, who makes the omelets took great pride in his work and was exceptional in making fluffy and delicious omelets...Indian Style.
Once again we were pleased to enjoy the duo of Donald and Nathasha in the lounge, where they played and sang some of our favorite songs!
Once again the bell men were exceptional in their helpfulness and helped us secure reservations at our favorite restaurants! Christian and Francis were the standouts this time!!
We would happily return to this exceptional property when we get the chance!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your delightful review on our website.

We are happy to hear that you had a enjoyable stay. At Westin, we care about our guests and endeavor our best efforts to make their stay relaxing. We very much appreciate your kind words, particularly of our associates who provided excellent service to assist you with your requirements. I will certainly share your favorable comments to the team!

Again, thank you for the gift of feedback. Hope your future travel plans will include Macau again and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Resort Macau on your next visit to this exciting city.

Be Well.

Shenzhen, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Originally, I booked the Charming Holiday Hotel in Zhuhai, it was terrible, my gf wanted to check out after we checked in at 5pm, Jan.1, 2013, that Zhuhai hotel still charged me half day price, which is 454CNY. Then we moved up the plan, to book Westin hotel, because this one had room available and was not that pricy. At the Gongbei border, I found out my permit can't go to Macau, so I paid 400CNY for a Sri Lanka ETA visa to cross border.

The location was remote but quite, cuz no casino, and no mainland people, although I was one of them, so no second smoke from mainland people.

The shuttle bus was DAMN on time, to Venezian and ferry.

The balcony was big with good air quality, AC control was hard to operate, we felt hot in the room, there were four bath clothes in the room, pretty enough.

The 521 room was cozy and big, facing the black sand seabeach.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Westin M, Executive Assistant Manager at Grand Coloane Resort Macau, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the time taken to share your Westin Experience with us.

We indeed, and are also proud to provide a unique travel experience like no others in Macau. Just minutes away from the hustle and bustle of Macau, it is a perfect getaway for a renewing sleep, energizing workout, nourishing foods and clean, fresh air. All enable our guests to preserve wellness during travel.

We are looking forward to create individual moments of renewal for you again in the near future.

For a better you.

Hong Kong
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

On arrival at the ferry pier on the peninsula, we spent a long time trying to locate the shuttle to the hotel: not pleasant on perhaps the coldest day of 2012. There were no signs for the dropoff/pickup spot, although a few of the lesser hotels had marked locations and even staff at the Ferry Terminal to point people to the correct shuttle buses.

The hotel itself was distinctly American in the way it was run from the moment I entered the doors. The use of keywords and psychology throughout the lobby alone made me chuckle. Plaques saying, "BREATHE" in the lobby and compimentary apple juice and tea called "Apple Elixir" and "Tea Elixir" were cute, albeit a bit corny, since the juice was watered down and the oolong tea wasn't very good (I drink a lot of Tieguanyin oolong).

The Filipino door staff and front desk staff were excellent and friendly. I felt like I was in Manila!

The ground floor was marked "1," something you rarely see in Asia, and again, something I enjoyed seeing as it is so distinctly American. We were given a room on the SPG floor since my sister stays with Westin regularly on business travel. The hallways and rooms are enormous, especially for this part of the world, but keeping the humidity at bay looks to be a struggle. No surprise since Macau is extremely humid for most of the year and I'm sure many guests keep their balcony doors open for longer than they should. There were visible signs of damage from humidity in the paint and there were a stain on the wall near the bathroom, indicating either high humidity or flooding.

The balconies were amazing and huge by HK/Macau standards--I'd stay at this hotel for the balconies alone.

The bathroom also had signs of damage from humidity and visible mold on the grout. This is common here in HK/Macau, and again, not something that is easy to control.

The Heavenly Beds lived up to their promise and I slept very well indeed during our two-night stay at the Westin. Even the guest bed was of the same standard (a pillow top Simmons Beautyrest, just like the "Heavenly Beds").

The gym at the fitness center was relatively well equipped, but two of the weight machines were out of order and looked to have been for quite a while. I had a great workout regardless using the free weights.

The breakfast buffet was fairly standard, but the unavailability of Chinese tea at breakfast in this part of the world was annoying, especially with so many Chinese dishes available at the buffet.

We had no issues with the shuttle bus as we ensured we secured seats on the shuttles by prebooking. Those who didn't often missed the shuttle because of this.

There is an excellent restaurant a stone's throw away from the hotel: Miramar. Perhaps the best Portuguese food I've had in Macau, and much better than Fernando's.

All in all, an interesting experience at a hotel I quite liked, despite the flaws. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Perhaps a room that didn't overlook the beach would have less mustiness/humidity issues.
Dear Value Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience of your recent stay. We are pleased to note that you enjoyed your stay with us regardless of the concerns you have raised.

We appreciate you for bringing up the shortcomings you have encountered to our attention which help us to improve even more.

HKG
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We just back from a holiday during Xmas in Westin, it's my 2nd time staying in the hotel. Well, the location is a bit remote, but that's the reason we pick this, to stay away from all the casino fans in the city. The hotel offer shuttle between the key area in the city, problem is it's always full during pick timing. Another problem is the breakfast is quite expensive. It cost 130 local currency, which you get a fairly nice dinner in a local restaurant. The room is big, with nice view, we were upgraded to an ocean view, as I am gold member in the club. Another reason we pick this hotel is it's located close to our favorite restaurant in the town. Nice holiday it was! :)

Room Tip: Plan your schedule and book the shuttle in advance.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Westin M, Executive Assistant Manager at Grand Coloane Resort Macau, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We are proud to provide unique travel experience like no others in Macau. Just minutes away from the hustle and bustle of Macau, Westin is where guests are quietly energized and get back to their best self.

As you have also mentioned a number of concerns in your review, I will share them with our management team and look into possibility of improvement. We are passionate in understanding guests as individuals, as well as recognizing their different travel personas.

We hope that we remain your hotel of choice when visiting Macau again for another mindful meeting or indulging getaway.

Happy New Year!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Hotel is not good maintained and need a lot of improvement in everything. The resort looks very aged now, very sad to see. Lucky that Starwood just opened the 5 Star Sheraton Hotel in the Cotai Strip.
Breakfast room has not enough tables. Have to spend a lot of time to wait for a table, because it's very poor managed from the staff.Food selection was good.
Cleanliness in the rooms was very poor, everywhere dust!
Will not recommend this Hotel to my friends

Room Tip: It's very sad how this Hotel is recently managed. It started when we got in our room with beach...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Westin M, Executive Assistant Manager at Grand Coloane Resort Macau, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience of your recent stay.

We would like to apologize for the multiple short falls that arose during your stay, as those are certainly not circumstances you were expecting or should have ever had to experience here at The Westin Resort Macau. Your comments have been addressed and conveyed to my team for immediate review and follow up. We truly appreciate your feedback and it will be used in order to implement future customer service training to ensure a true Westin experience for all guests.

Again, thank you for bringing up the shortcomings you have encountered to our attention which help us to improve even more. My team and I at The Westin Resort Macau look forward to welcoming you back for another renewing stay.

Stay Well.

Executive Assistant Manager

Been to Grand Coloane Resort Macau? Share your experiences!