“hotel room/Catalina,guest service ambassador” 5 of 5 stars

Stay 3 Nights, Pay For 2
Ranked #16 of 85 Hotels in Macau
4.5 of 5 stars 2,063 Reviews
Makati, Philippines
“hotel room/Catalina,guest service ambassador”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

the room is great! not to forget this person, ms.catalina pasion is commendable with her services at the restaurant.so many guests to accommodate but she has been serving us fast with accuracy.amazing person! thanks,sheraton staff for making my christmas stay memorable and relaxing:-)

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
SheratonMacao, Guest Experience Team at Sheraton Macao Hotel, Cotai Central, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Chab C,

Thank you for staying with us. We are delighted that you enjoyed our service. We look forward to seeing you again.

Warm regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (471)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Staff was friendly and helpful. Rooms were not as spacious as expected but the bathroom was massive! Convenient location with shuttle bus available to the Ferry Terminal and some nearly places like the Sands.

The gym was fully equipped which i was very impressed. Fitness instructors and onsite changing room available and with 24-hour access too.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Coco T,

Thank you for staying with us. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed hotel facilities, especially Sheraton Fitness. We hope that we can welcome you back soon.

Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

It was meant to be a short vacation, to experience the mega gambling city of Macau. My sisters, their husbands and I stayed at the Sheraton Hotel Macau for 2 nights on the 28th of November. I was absolutely overwhelmed by the sheer size of this hotel: giant twin towers, consisting of more than 3,800 rooms! Assuming that there are 2 occupants in each room, the hotel would have more than 7,600 guests in full capacity, plus thousands of staff, it is more like a small town than a hotel. This was exactly what we experienced during our stay. One day my room key card did not work and I had to call the reception from my room (I was in my room) to deliver new cards to my floor, otherwise there was a strenuous long trek to the reception.

The hotel is not located in the main peninsular, it is situated in the island of Taipa, a newly developed strip, called Golden Sands. Next to Sheraton is Conrad and Holiday Inn, further down the road, there are many other large scale casino hotels, such as Venetian, Crown, Galaxy, and more are on the way, i.e. Parisian and Wynn Palace.

You do not need to worry about transport as you can almost travel for free around Taipa and Macau city centre. All major casino hotels including Sheraton provide regular complimentary shuttle to the neighboring casino hotels and main border check out points, ferry terminal and airports.

When we arrived in the hotel at 8am, there had already a huge crowd gathering in the lobby: a long snake queue in front of the multiple reception desks. Fortunately I am a Sheraton group’s SPG (Sheraton Preferred Guest) member, and was guided to a separate members only reception section for check in. The check in staff was very efficient and accommodating, patiently responding our queries.

Sheraton Macau is always in full occupancy. Despite being a new hotel (more than a year old), the facilities have already shown its aging signs. Although rooms are in fairly good condition, you can easily spot “tear and wear”, i.e. holes on the wall, damaged door frame, etc. Rooms are big and quiet, however, the lobby is a different world, a true market, noisy and chaotic, day and night as Sheraton Macau also houses its own giant casino.

Being a casino hotel, the last thing one should worry is food. Restaurants are everywhere and some are even open for 24 hours a day. We tried The Feast for breakfast and Bene for lunch. Both offer high quality food and excellent service.

While there are some smaller intimate hotels in Macau, the majority of tourists opt for those large scale casino hotels. If it is not your scene, please look for alternatives.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Dear BirdPinoTrollFin,

Thank you for sharing with us. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your SPG member benefits and our restaurants, and found our location and transportation convenient. We truly appreciate your feedback regarding the room condition and we will review it with relevant teams for improvement. Once again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

A 5-star hotel in the same compound as Conrad and Holiday Inn, part of the Sands Cotai area. Has a mall connected to it, and a casino on the ground floor. Across the road and connected to The Venetian, and has views of that from the room.

Got a good deal on the Sheraton Club floor (for SPG members) that avoided the masses around Christmas time and has a more secluded buffet breakfast, evening high-tea and all-day dining included in the package. For families, kids under 12 stay free in existing bedding. The hotel was full on Christmas eve, which says a lot, considering it is the biggest in Macau and the biggest Sheraton worldwide.

Not much else in the room, but this large hotel is convenient, with shuttle buses to and from the Taipa Ferry terminal every few minutes, and a line of taxis available to go to Senado Square and elsewhere (MOP 61 or so... one taxi cab took us around for MOP 81). Service was good, with all staff speaking English.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor, facing the Venetian.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Dear ahs4y,

Thank you for staying with us. We are delighted that you enjoyed your Club benefits and our service. We hope we will welcome you back soon.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

When my friends and I took a short trip to Macau in August 2014, this hotel was one of the best value-for-money options that we could find. Althought staying at this hotel may be cheaper than its other 5-star counterparts, there is absolutely no lack in quality at all!

Due to the low prices, we had the opportunity of occupying a suite, and the check-in experience, room quality, cocktail hour treats and breakfast buffet this hotel has to offer are world-class. Throughout our stay, my friends and I felt thouroughly pampered by what this hotel had to offer and if my friends and I ever make another trip to Macau (which is very possible), the Sheraton Macao Hotel would be first on our list of Hotels to book our stay at.

I would strongly recommend this hotel for any short trips to Macau, it is one of the best hotels I have stayed at around the world period, and this stay in particular was what convinced me I need to start accumulating points as part of their SPG membership program :)

Room Tip: Take advantage of the lower prices here to book a suite. Perfect for pampering close family and/or f...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
SheratonMacao, Guest Experience Team at Sheraton Macao Hotel, Cotai Central, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear JoshSiong,

Thank you for sharing with us. We are delighted that your stay sounds so perfect! We look forward to welcoming you back in the future, and welcome to SPG.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Speical thanks for the hospitality Mr. Diojo Momteiro(best guest service ambassador) showed to me. He gave me a warm welcome and did a very great fast check-in process at SPG corner. I really appreciate his help. I will come back this location soon during Jan 2015!!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I had been booked five room night in Sheraton Macau last week, which is SPG Hot Escape rate, prepaid, non-refundable rate. Payment was settled before my stay and confirmed everything is fine. However, beyond check out, my roommate would like to settle the bill by himself and told the front service agent cencel my payslip and charge his credit card, unbelievable the service agent really do so! I told the agent while check in and confirmed agagain the rate is non-refundable, how come this evidence still happened? And I call their guest commend centre, the service agent there argue with me, told me that I were lack of communication with my roommate! I never expected a five star hotel Gove out this kind of services, and they still argue with me they were right! I completely mad with their service and would like you guys take care for the payment part while checking in this hotel, aware your credit card were settled right. And better keep track with them they are doing what you wanna they do....

• Stayed December 2014
Dear Kourinn,

Thank you for your feedback. We have taken some time to investigate the incident with our teams and we understand how you feel. While the room offer you booked was indeed non-refundable, a staying guest can surely settle the bill the same way as the original booker. Our team has offered to re-arrangement payment twice which we tried our best to make sure we get it right for you and your accompanying guest, but we will need guests like you to confirm with us who is actually settling the bill, especially when more than one guest is very eager to pay, to make sure we help you complete your stay with ease. Our teams are also making sure no cards are over-charged and we appreciate your understanding. Aside from payment, we wish you had a lovely stay and we look forward to seeing you again.

Warm regards,

Been to Sheraton Macao Hotel, Cotai Central? Share your experiences!