“Great location and value” 4 of 5 stars

Special Rate
Stay 3 Nights, Pay For 2
Ranked #16 of 85 Hotels in Macau
Covington, Louisiana
“Great location and value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

An excellent location in Cotai, adjacent to the Conrad, various shopping malls, and even the Venetian is only 10-15 minutes walk, all inside. The Hard Rock is also very nearby. I stayed in a deluxe king room which was well appointed and large. It's a huge property with two towers of hotel rooms, but a great place to stay overall.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
SheratonMacao, General Manager at Sheraton Macao Hotel, Cotai Central, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Joe P,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us. We are glad to know that you had an enjoyable stay. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Warm regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (465)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Hong Kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Have stayed at this Sheraton three times since it opened and I must say that each experience is better than the last, especially if you have Platinum with starwood. All three stays have been upgraded to a suite. And for a property of this size, they do somehow keep note of your preferences and try to accommodate it.

An illustration, I stayed on a Wednesday night in a room facing the pool in the sky tower. Unbeknownst to me.. there was a ladies night every Wednesday and the loud thump of the music was keeping me up. All it took was a single call and without even having ask to move room, they offered to move me a much quieter room and it was all done in 10 minutes!

Fast forward 1 month later when I was staying here again, they took note of the previous noise incident and proactively gave me a room facing away from the pool.

The rooms are ok, not as luxurious as the Venetian or even the Galaxy nearby. But what I liked about it was that there was a club lounge where I could hang out in the evenings for a hour or so, do some reading with some wine and with computers and printers for printing etc..

Definitely value for money and I would certainly recommend to anyone. For a property of this size(3800 rooms) to have service of this level is unexpected.

Room Tip: try to avoid rooms facing the pool on wednesdays
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
SheratonMacao, General Manager at Sheraton Macao Hotel, Cotai Central, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Dear flitting_bird,

Thank you for taking the time to share you experience with us. We are pleased to know you have recognized the efforts we have put to improve our service level and to meet guest's expectation. We strive to provide the perfect experience for every guests. Thank you for recommending our hotel to your friends and we look forward to welcome you back soon.

Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I stayed for one night at the Club room with mom and brother. After few days staying in a Hongkong standard apartment, staying here is such a great pleasure. The bed is very comfortable, the room is very clean and spacious even there's three of us staying and got a great soundproofing. The bathroom is clean and well-arranged. The breakfast is great with lots of choices. The staff is very friendly and helpful. I enjoyed staying at this hotel. Good value for money. Compare to hotels at Cotai Central, Sheraton Macao is quite new, with the choices of various international brand shops. And just like other Macao hotels, they got free shuttle to some places.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Regensburg, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

We were on a business trip in China and we only spend two days at the Sheraton Macao for relaxing. And this was really a pleasure. The hotel was very clean and the service was excellent. I like to mention two people in particular: Alexander Wessels (Front office Manager) and Nick (Director Food & Beverage).
We really can advise this hotel even it is not located in the old town. It is not even necessary to leave the hotel, because there are several restaurants, a casino as well as a big shopping center. We really enjoyed the pool area and the restaurants as well as a special event in the evening (wine tasting).
The Sheraton Macao was the best during our trip in China.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Sabine F,

Thank you for your review. We are honored to be named as "best hotel in China"! Thank you for your appreciation on our facilities and services. Your kind words have been shared with our associates. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My wife and I had an excellent stay at the Sheraton Macao on July 4th. As a “Platinum for Life” SPG member, I have stayed at many Starwood hotels throughout the world and this trip was a pleasure. Frankly, after staying many times at the Westin in Macau my expectations were low and I was anticipating an average Sheraton at best. We were planning to check in and then leave for the Venetian and other hotel/casinos. But we never did! We never left the hotel. Within minutes of our arrival to the hotel, my expectations were far exceeded. It became immediately apparent that this is a hotel that appreciates and values its loyal customers. The place was beautiful, the facilities were great and best of all, the service was outstanding.

I’d like to recognize two people in particular: Cindy Hsieh at the Club Reception and Diego Silva at the Feast Restaurant. They made our stay extra special and the hotel is lucky to have them.

Based on this experience we are now planning to visit Macau monthly and even bring friends with us.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I stayed just for one night at this hotel. I had good sleep and the bed is very comfortable. The room is very clean and comfortable. The bathroom was clean too with seperate shower, toilet and bath tub. I enjoyed to stay at this hotel. Good value for money, too.

This hotel location is in the part of Cotal Central Complex and in the sand cotai central shopping mall. This hotel is connected to Venetian and four season, too. We can across the bridge to reach them. This hotel has shuttle bus to go to any place at Macau and ferry terminal, too.

I will stay there, when I visite Macau again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Edinburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

It was a choice between staying in the center of the old town or the newer brash casino district and although there was no desire to gamble, the range on offer in the new area won the day.
Having made previous trips to Macau, I knew what to expect, however, this was my first visit to the new Sheraton and I was pleasantly surprised.
Getting there from the airport, bus or ferry is simplicity itself; in fact getting around is wonderfully easy, as this and other hotels have an amazing network of buses to shuttle you about. Prepare to be overwhelmed by the scale of the hotel and the other two which make up the Cotai group (as well as all the other vast complex of hotels), and allow your self some time to get orientated (a compass is useful here).
The 3000 room Sheraton was opened recently; the freshness and sparkle was wonderfully evident. Suffice to say that the rooms are luxurious with super comfortable beds, all the amenities and great soundproofing. In addition, the breakfast has the largest and most comprehensive selection of food I have ever seen. A perfect way to start your day.
A minor downbeat note to finish, I arranged to pay by cash when leaving, but was told that my credit card had been debited by the time I checked out. Also, although I had booked the room with breakfast and wifi included, the checkout staff were not aware of this and tried invoiced me for these as extra items. Always check your paperwork.

Room Tip: Make sure you check on your terms of booking.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
SheratonMacao, General Manager at Sheraton Macao Hotel, Cotai Central, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear EdinburghSky,

Thank you for taking your time to share your comments with us. We are pleased to know you have appreciated hotel facilities and F&B selections. We also apologize for the careless mistake made upon your check-out. The additional training and guideline will be provided to all associates for improvement in order to meet the guests' satisfaction. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Warm regards,

Been to Sheraton Macao Hotel, Cotai Central? Share your experiences!