“Excellent Hotel & Wonderful Staff” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #15 of 85 Hotels in Macau
Singapore
“Excellent Hotel & Wonderful Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

Holiday Inn Cotai is a spick and spank hotel with arrarys of wonderful staff. We enjoyed our stay very much.
Only minus point is Holiday Inn Can be perfected with better bus services to many other attractions.
presently, everyone have to take a bus to Galaxy Hotel enroute to all sides.
Btw, Shrekfast was an unique and happy meal for everyone !!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Ernest C, Manager at Holiday Inn Macao Cotai Central, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Thank you for taking time to write us review after your recent visit at Holiday Inn Macau Cotai Central. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed the stay very much. In regard to the shuttle bus service, we have shared your comment with departments concerned for their future refinement plan. Thank you for bringing to our attention. We are looking forward to seeing you again soon
Ernest

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

i stayed in this property few months back, just a few days after new year
i was still new
everythinf on the insides are still looking nicely polished and well taken care of
holiday inn is just within sands cotai central
and it has connecting pathways to the other properties such as venetian macao etc etc
and it was a few minutes walk to the world famed 'house of dancing water' show
when i was staying, they happen to have the 'breakfast with shrek' program
it was good and at the same time a little annoying, most of the dreamworks characters keep coming at you even while you dont feel like taking a picture with them
but then it was of little nuisance
the food was pretty so so
with many varieties
staffs were very helpful
the property also provide free shuttle to the ferry piers stations as well as to taipa side of macau
all in all i was very happy in this hotel because it was spacious and i get a good deal with the hotel and the house of dancing water ticket as well as the one way ferry back to hong kong
i would go back to this establishment
it really made my day :)

• Stayed January 2014
Ernest C, Manager at Holiday Inn Macao Cotai Central, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Thank you for your praises about your recent stay at Holiday Inn Macao Cotai Central. We are extremely honored that you still remember your staying experience and glad that you had such a wonderful time with us. It gives us a feeling of great fulfillment that you were able to enjoy our facilities, as well as good service from our staff. Hope to see you again soon.
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Holiday Inn is part of Sands Cotai Central which is combination of 3 Hotels. Its right opposite Venetian.

This hotel is fantastic place if you are traveling with Kids as you can spend time with DreamWorks characters, Parade, play games, meet Po from Kungfu Panda, Alex, King Julian, Shrek etc.

The shopping arcade is also fantastic as opposed to very confusing venertian shops. You can hop to Vnetian using the bridge connected to Holiday Inn.

I stayed at all three hotels at this complex. The other ones are the Sheraton (SPG) and the Conrad. I am a Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum and also IHG Platinum. I used points at all three hotels.

I rated Conrad 5 stars because without even requesting a suite, I was upgraded to a 1000 sq ft suite. I used 40,000 points. The room or suite is much better than the one at the Sheraton. I received great free breakfast and afternoon snacks and drinks.

I rated Sheraton 4 points because I was again given a suite 750 sq ft., free breakfast and afternoon happy hour with drinks and food. I used 10,000 points. It is IMO one level below Conrad in all respect.

At the Holiday Inn, I used one of my free night, otherwise it is 35,000 points. There is no free breakfast. This is the only Holiday Inn that I stayed around the world that does not provide free breakfast to Platinum member. The excuse was- they don;t have a restaurant. The conrad does not have a restaurant either, but we were given 2 coupons to have breakfast at one of the buffet, not run by Conrad. It's worth $198 (HK$) a person. There is no evening reception with drinks and food.

The holiday Inn is not bad. Service was great, the room was clean. Internet works fine. It is just one level below the Sheraton and two levels below the Conrad when it comes to the overall service and benefits I received as a top tier member at each hotel chain. Now that I have stayed at all three hotels, if I have to used points again to stay at any one of these hotels, I would not pick the Holiday Inn. It is not as good as the other two, in terms of values I could get.

I'll check the Hyatt someday and it may be better than the Conrad.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We appreciate your valuable insight, as a frequent traveler, about loyalty programs in different hotel chains and how they contribute to the enjoyment of your stay. We certainly value the loyal patronage of IHG Rewards Elite member and we are committed to accord all eligible benefits for our members, as the program have outlined. Having said that, we are made aware that in some IHG hotels, especially in China region, where members are offered additional benefits which is exclusive from the program. We would like to assure you that we will constantly look into this area and we are willing to make adjustment where is necessary to maintain our competitiveness.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

Great service, great staff, good and reasonable price. Since I had some special case to arrange, thier staffs are very helpful. The room is clean and tidy. The wifi is not very stable in room but it's acceptable. Overall is great and I had a great experiences in Holiday Inn Macao Cotai Central.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Ernest C, Manager at Holiday Inn Macao Cotai Central, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay at Holiday Inn Macao Cotai Central. We appreciate all the feedback from our guests, as it can helps us to improve on all facilities and service level. We are also very delighted to know that you had a great experience with us. Hope to see you again soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

Have travelled on a weekend break to the Macau hotel and most of the hotel rooms are full. You cannot believe that a holiday inn can charge as high as 400usd during Saturday in Macau, which is indeed a very wipe off .... perhaps the mainlanders are full loads of money and they can pay whatever they want.

The hotel is in Taipa island of Macau, which most of the new hotel centrally located at. The hotel is next to Conrad & Sheraton and Venetian. You can find casino and shops quite easily via venetian.

The hotel has many rooms but so far it's only up to the holiday inn standard, you can barely find anything extra other than the normal amenity in the room. The swimming pool and the gym is really small compare to the Sheraton that I lived before.

The only good thing I can tell is that they upgraded my room perhaps due to my platinum membership, but they refuse to give out free breakfasts even for a 400usd room nor any discount on breakfasts during check-in.

Given the price is pretty expensive I couldn't think it justify for the price. Go for a banyan tree room or sofitel if you can find similar price in advance!

Room Tip: try to book in advance, you can always get a cheaper price. most rooms are same size, seems suites a...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for writing us a review after your recent visit. Your comments are very important for those people planning to visit Macau during weekend as it's generally high demand period. Advance reservation is definitely helpful to this situation. Look forward to welcoming you back in the near future
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

We were much earlier than checkin time but I never worry for I was pretty sure I would not be treated same as by Sheraton Hotel. My specia request was fully entertained and the room was ready but when I asked to upgrade the room because of my platinum membership, Ms Anthea SO, the guest relation manager, swiftly and nicely found us another room without any hesitation or impatience. Above all, the newly assigned room fit my requirement with beautiful view. Ms SO also kindly asked her colleague to give me newspaper to read and allowed us to have late checkout. Our stay was perfect not only because of the quality of the hotel but also because of the excellency of management.

One more compliment to the house keeping service, the used bath towel was replaced with a new
one in the afternoon. If there is one needed to improve then it must be the conceriage service. When I asked where I could take bus to Hotel Lisboa, the lady simply said no and advised us to take taxi. My God, if we wanted to take taxi, why asked for bus? Her impatience was contrary to the etiquette of Ms SO. We finally found the bus to our destination.

Room Tip: a room near the elevator with even number
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Ernest C, Manager at Holiday Inn Macao Cotai Central, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Thank you for taking time to write us feedback after your recent stay with us. This is a great pleasure to hear that you enjoyed the stay and it also thrills Anthea by knowing that you had experienced such a wonderful time at our hotel. We appreciate your valuable comments that enable us to identify the area for further improvement. Look forward to welcoming you back soon
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

This was the 2nd time I stayed in Holiday Innn Hotel. The staff are friendly and they provide great customer service. I was very impressed to receive an email from Ms Anthea So, Guest Relations Manager that I could contact her for future visits . . . . this is what I call personalised service . . . . . keep up the good work :)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your continuous patronage at Holiday Inn Macao Cotai Central. Every guest is unique and honorable; we are extremely honored to receive your positive comments of our hotel. Anthea is also very pleased knowing that you enjoyed the stay with us. We are looking forward for your future stays soon
Ernest

Been to Holiday Inn Macao Cotai Central? Share your experiences!