“Great stay for family with Kids...Have fun with Po the Panda, Alex, King Julian, Shrek” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Macao Cotai Central

Ranked #15 of 85 Hotels in Macau
4.5 of 5 stars 553 Reviews
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

Holiday Inn is part of Sands Cotai Central which is combination of 3 Hotels. Its right opposite Venetian.

This hotel is fantastic place if you are traveling with Kids as you can spend time with DreamWorks characters, Parade, play games, meet Po from Kungfu Panda, Alex, King Julian, Shrek etc.

The shopping arcade is also fantastic as opposed to very confusing venertian shops. You can hop to Vnetian using the bridge connected to Holiday Inn.

''House of dancing water'' show at City of Dreams is also 400 meters away so you have access to pretty much everything in Macao if you are staying here....

We had a fantastic time here..

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Ernest C, Manager at Holiday Inn Macao Cotai Central, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay at Holiday Inn Macao Cotai Central. We are very delighted to read that you had fantastic time with us. Hope to see you again soon
Ernest

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Pasig, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

It was almost a perfect stay, if not only for the long walk we experienced due to the wrong shuttle bus . Just in case you will go to Macau and will stay in one of the hotels in sands cotai be sure to take the right bus from Pier, actually before we board in we asked the lady in charge if that particular bus will go to Holiday inn & assured as in a very rude way. Our room was in the 33th floor a non smoking as i requested beforehand, and no trace of cigarette smell at all even in the hallways. Good thing that this place maintains a 5 stars standard from their cleanliness to their amenities. And i would like to thank the concierge staff particularly to their lady supervisor for helping us to our inquiries in directions and some immigration matters, as we decided to have a day tour in Hongkong city before our late flight to Manila. Another plus of this place was the 20% discount at the koufu ,Sands Cotai.

Room Tip: Stay at the higher floors
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing to stay at Holiday Inn Macao Cotai Central. I'm sorry to hear that you have encountered inconvenience at the shuttle service, please accept my apologies and I will share your experience with the departments for improvement. However, it's grateful that our concierge has assisted your trip to Hong Kong up to your satisfaction and the concierge team are very happy to hear your kind words. Lastly, Koufu food court will not extend any discount to our guests in 2014 onward. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

We reserved two rooms through the travel agency and stayed for one night. The registration process was smooth but I wonder why the front desk did not ask me to sign anything (e.g. a registration card).

Our rooms were located at 13/F, opposite to each other. The views of both sides were disappointing and we simply closed the curtains. The rooms were spacious and the bedding was good. We were quite happy when we saw that both feather pillows and foam pillows were nicely arranged on the queen size bed. Complimentary WIFI was available but the network was unstable. I could use it in my dad's room but it was hard to stay connected in my own room.

Staff from the operator, concierge and housekeeping were nice and helpful. When I asked for extra bottles of water, the process was efficient and it only took around five minutes.

The overall experience was good but improvement in the amenities are definitely necessary. E.g. the TV resolution was unacceptable, and I was a bit frustrated when I only saw the overhead shower head in the shower room...Is it possible for the hotel to add the hand showers??

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback and the valuable comments. We are delighted to know that you were happy with our service especially the one from Housekeeping. We have taken note on the feedback regarding the TV, WiFi and amenities that have been shared with departments concerned for improvement. Look forward to welcoming you back in the near future
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

We repeatedly come back and stay in this hotel as we really enjoy the hospitality from the staffs. They listen to customers' needs and make them feel special even for an ordinary guest!!

Will definitely come back soon, and stay tune for any spcial events and offer

• Stayed December 2013
Ernest C, Manager at Holiday Inn Macao Cotai Central, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Thank you for your feedback after your recent visit. It's a great pleasure to receive a positive comment from our regular guests like you. We will keep doing the right thing and showing we care to make our guests happy. Look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Hong Kong
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

We stayed there last sunday for one night. The overall experience is quite good until when we checked out.
New decorations, comfortable bed with pillow selections, excellent location that is close to all the spots you need to go in Macau.
We ordered room service and food was really good that worth the price, the lady on the line is very sweet and poi let, too.

Bad things started when we went check out, the staff was extremely rude - I am so regretted that I forgot her name so I can not file a complaint. I talked to her in cantonese and the only language she responded to me was mandarin. I understands mandarin which was fine but what about my boyfriend standing next to me? Couldn't she just speak English when there is a non-mandarin speaker around? And there was a problem in the bill said we used the wifi service when the time we were not even in the room - she had this unbelievably rude attitude towards me as if I was lying. When I insisted saying "we didn't use the wifi, if we did we would pay for it but WE DIDNT", and she smashed the calculator on the table without saying a thing. OMFG, SO PROFESSIONAL. When we checked in we use my bf's card to pay room fee and deposit rather than using mine to book the hotel in booking.com, it should be all on the record but somehow this staff got so confused and insisted that I was wrong and I should give her my card to make another transaction(????). It took her some time to figure out what was going on and of course again that attitude as if it was my fault. Maybe it would be easier if you SPEAK IN ENGLISH OR CANTONESE THAT WE BOTH UNDERSTAND. After we signed the bill and everything - not even a thank you! She ruined my mood of the day and I just kept thinking about that all day - never been treated like this before in any hotel.

This is a nice hotel but cause of that staff - sorry, only a 3/5.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Ernest C, Manager at Holiday Inn Macao Cotai Central, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Thank you for sharing your stay experience. We want our guests to be able to relax and enjoy their stay on every aspect of service we provide and we apologize for the part of service that we have fallen short to meet that expectation. Rest assured these valuable comments of yours are addressed with our respective departments and team members as reinforcement of our efforts and commitment to providing our valued guest a quality and comfortable stay.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

They can response all my request!and the guest manager Miss Anthea So can response my claim quickly!I request for non-smoking and city view late check out ,free WiFi .They can promise all my request.Holiday inn Macao coati Central is my favorites.

Room Tip: Deluxe room is better.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Ernest C, Manager at Holiday Inn Macao Cotai Central, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and we are so delighted to hear 'The best service of Macau'. I have shared your compliment to Anthea who very much appreciated your kind words. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future
Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

Room spacious,clean. I booked during the 5 days sale, so worth it cos free wifi. I heard some customer complaints why need charge for the wifi service. So make sure when the time u do the reservation, the wifi service is inclusive. Bring 2 kids. Swimming pool good.
The room is exactly the same at the website.
If u want go to town centre then here is not tat suitable..... Very far away.
Nearby here food expensive and not yummy......
I bought the shrekfast package for kids, kids enjoy very much cos they not eating , but
If no bring kids can skip.
Recommend The Grand Buffet -grand lisboa( need booking)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Ernest C, Manager at Holiday Inn Macao Cotai Central, responded to this review, December 25, 2013
Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Holiday Inn Macao Cotai Central. We are glad to know that your kids enjoyed the Shrekfast. Starting from Jan 1, 2014, our hotel will provide free WiFi for all our in house guests. Hope to see you again soon.
Ernest

Been to Holiday Inn Macao Cotai Central? Share your experiences!