“a hotel with sincere and courteous staff” 5 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenida Marginal Flor de Lotus, Cotai, Macau, China   |
Ranked #7 of 85 Hotels in Macau
4.5 of 5 stars 489 Reviews
Hong Kong, China
“a hotel with sincere and courteous staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

It is wonderful and really enjoyable for me to choose Hotel Okura Macau as a place to propose to my girlfriend. The staff provided me with prompt and professional responses on the room decoration and the rundown when I approached them a month before the trip for preparing this surprise. They communicated very well and they put a lot of effort to decorate the room for us. Not only did they successfully give a big surprise to my girlfriend, but the nice preparation also surprised me. It was really wonderful and I deeply felt their sincerity and passion on the customers. This is really a unforgettable experience on our engagement day.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
OkuraMacau, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Okura Macau, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Dear lkklewis,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review on your recent stay at Hotel Okura Macau. It is pleasing to know that our staffs have done such a great job in assisting you with you proposal preparations and that the both of you were so satisfied with the arrangements made. Each and every one of our staffs sincerely try their best to make all of our guests happy, and are extremely glad to be of service.

We hope that for your future special occasions, you will have the opportunity to visit our hotel again; we eagerly await your next arrival to Hotel Okura Macau soon.

Hotel Okura Macau

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

Was staying a night in Okura for my girlfriend's birthday. We got free upgraded to king superior suite surprisingly and checked in at executive lounge at 6th floor (with welcome drinks). Very nice staffs and excellent service (thanks Minowa, the only staff I remembered :P). The room was so big (99sqm) and comfort especially the big jacuzzi and the king size bed.

The room is quiet as it's located at the end of the corridor (19th floor) and not being disturbed by anyone. We loved the nespesso machine in the room so much (with 3 free capsules), that I can watch tv in the jacuzzi with a cup of coffee - EXCELLENT!!

At the night time we were given a birthday cake and a bottle of wine as a birthday gift - a great dessert though we were full after dinner!

The checkout process is simple and quick, that we finished our trip with great satisfaction.

It's regretted we just staying a night but not longer. We did not have time to try the facilities at resort deck while the sky wave pool is closed temporarily. But overall we had an amazing stay and enjoyed so much. We will definitely come again in near future and always my first choice to stay!

Room Tip: Just a couple small suggestions (though can't be fussy for more...): - A big mirror inside the c...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear tleung711,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Okura Macau to spend such a special day with your loved one. We are overjoyed that you and your girlfriend were so satisfied with our staffs and the room facilities. It is our dearest wish that all of our guests have an exceptional time at our hotel, and hope that they will visit us again when they stop by Macau.

It is unfortunate that you were not able to enjoy the Sky Wave pool—it was under maintenance until January 24th. Thinking about it positively, now there is one more reason to visit our hotel again. We hope that you will have the opportunity to stay at Hotel Okura Macau once more in the near future.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

My 20 year old son and I stayed at the Okura while on vacation. If you want very high quality of service from staff that are very friendly, then this is the place you should stay. I do not remember most of the names, but Achilles at the Concierge desk was just great. He went out of his way to answer our questions about a couple of important issues we had.

The staff must be trained extensively on customer service. Any time we walked by a staff member, we were greeted friendly. It didn't matter who it was, everyone greeted us.

I've read some reviews about the smell of smoke in the hotels. We were on the 18th floor and I didn't smell anything. And even in the casino where they had smoking and non smoking gaming sections, I didn't really smell the smoke as a non smoker.

The room we had was very nice. Not a suite, and hotel rooms are pretty much the same wherever you go, but this one was very clean and nice decor. One thing I'm not sure about is the glass wall between the bathroom and the beds. We stayed in a hotel in Hong Kong that had the same setup. If you are alone, who cares. If you are with anyone else it could be awkward if you don't close the blinds first!

If you are coming here from the States and hear about this being like Vegas, remember this: it is like Vegas except more expensive. No cheap buffets, no cheap cocktails, and no tables with $5 minimums. You'll ante up at least $300 HKD to play Caribbean Stud. $500 to play Blackjack. That's about $62 US dollars to play a hand.

Viola was also terrific at the Terrace restaurant. So pleasant and helpful. Answered all my questions.

Kevin in the gym was also very friendly and helpful. He gave me tour of the gym and indoor pool area. I did not use the sauna and steam room, but they looked very inviting.

If I was asked to repeat this trip and stay at the Okura, I would definitely do it, but would plan to stay more days. Hats off to the management.

Stayed January 2014
OkuraMacau, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Okura Macau, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Dear A TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for your detailed review and appreciation of our hotel. Our staffs are ecstatic to know that you enjoyed their grade A service and are even more motivated to continue training themselves to become even better than before. The special staffs that were mentioned have already been related your compliments, and hope you thoroughly enjoyed your stay here at Hotel Okura Macau.

Our hotel prides itself in giving our guests an amiable environment, both clean and comfortable. We are extremely happy that you adored the beauty of the hotel. It is our pleasure serving you and hope that you will visit Hotel Okura Macau again in the near future, especially to enjoy the parts of the hotel you already experienced, as well as the many other parts of the hotel that have been yet to be discovered.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

I have stayed at the Okura twice so far, and it is by far one of the most nice and accommodating hotels I have ever been at. The service was the best at any hotel I have ever been to! Many of the staff there are dressed in traditional Japanese kimonos and are extremely friendly, polite and eager to help out.

The facilities at the Okura are also excellent. The room that I stayed in had a lovely view overlooking the garden and wave pool, and had a large bathroom with a bathtub, sauna and a shower & steam room. Also, the shared wave pool in the middle of the Galaxy complex was very large and is a great place to relax and swim with your family or friends. Aside from everything else, the food at the Okura was delicious, and there are several restaurants there to choose from.

All in all, the Okura is a great hotel to stay at, whether for business or relaxation, and I highly recommend it!

Stayed July 2013
OkuraMacau, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Okura Macau, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Dear meliadms,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at Hotel Okura Macau. We are elated that you had such a wonderful time during your visits, especially that you enjoyed the room’s facilities and our restaurants’ food. Our Chefs will be thrilled to hear that their hard work is appreciated. Our staffs strive to give each and everyone one of our guests a memorable experience, no matter how small the gesture may be.

It brings us great joy to know that you will choose our hotel again, and hope that you will enjoy the Grand Resort Deck again with friends and family. We enthusiastically look forward to your next stay with us in the near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

It has taken me a while to follow on from the review which my partner wrote at the end of November, for which apologies, but I did not want to miss the opportunity to write to say just how amazing the weekend was which we had with the Okura for my birthday weekend. From the moment we arrived, everything was perfect. The room was amazing and definitely one of the best I have stayed in. But more than this, the experience we had with every single staff member was out of this world. From the very first greeting we were made to feel 100% at home - a rare feat in my experience of travelling to hotels all across Asia - where many interactions with hotel staff leave you feeling like the greetings are empty and simply being memorised from a script. Not so at the Okura Macau - all the greetings and interactions we had from all staff were "from the heart" and felt like they were meant sincerely. This is why I would make the Okura my first choice for going back for a stay in Macau which I fully intend to do in the future. You cannot fake sincerity and both the selection and training of staff must be first rate since of all the hundreds of nights I have spent in hotels, this ranked as up there with the very best. World class service in a world class hotel. In particular all lobby / reception / concierge staff could not have been more helpful or projected more genuine warmth. Thank you so much in particular for helping with bookings of transport and the return ferry trip to Hong Kong. As it was a surprise birthday trip from my partner, she had not told me anything about the weekend or where we were staying so it was all a wonderful experience - all the personal touches in the room with the preparation and greetings in my name, together with treats which were even made edible for both of us by accommodating my partner's food allergies. Stunning. The Saturday night dinner in the Japanese restaurant was out of this world, preceded by an unforgettable sake tasting experience before dinner. I would like to compliment all restaurant staff, the chef, and sake sommelier, as well as in particular the simply wonderful breakfast staff who made the start to each day so warm and welcoming. All in all an outstanding trip and one which really made my birthday special. So thank you to everyone at the Okura, including all of the guest relations staff, not only during the stay, but in all the liaison with my partner beforehand in the lead up to the trip. Of all the hotels I have stayed in, this would have to be up there with the very best, not only because of the hotel itself, but first and foremost due to my experience of every single staff member. I would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone else, whether for business, of for families, or for a couple like us. I would also not hesitate to personally stay again on our next trip to Macau which I hope will be soon. Thanks again so much, Neil

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Neil J,

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment about your experience at Hotel Okura Macau during your stay with us in November. We are extremely honored that you still remember our hotel and its staffs even after two months. It is our pleasure to have been able to give you and your partner the world class treatment that you deserve.

Our hotel and its staffs aim to give all of our guests personal and friendly service, so that their stay will be like home away from home. Our staffs pride themselves in being amicable and attentive—providing each of our guests the Okura Experience. We work hard to make sure everything is flawless from beginning to end—from the presentation of the hotel, to the cleaniness, the staffs’ service quality, and food menu available for our guests. Everything done is intricately done so that our guests will not be inconvenienced merely because they are away from home. It is our dearest wish that we achieved this with you during your stay.

We hope that the arrangements made for you and your partner were to your liking, especially the food menu—it was specifically made for your comfort. Our Pastry Chef carefully baked your birthday cake so that both you and your partner can share in the celebration of your birthday, as well as our restaurant Chefs and Sake Sommelier, who had an enjoyable time with the two of you during dinner. Their recommendations were thoroughly thought out so that both of you may eat and drink in peace.

It is to our understanding that you and your partner were quite busy with work during your stay with us; however, we still hope that the two of you were able to enjoy the suite room, since it has a steam and dry sauna that a Deluxe room does not include.

We are extraordinarily happy to know that you and your partner will recommend and choose our hotel again for your future stays in Macau. Perhaps next time, when it is your partner’s birthday or any other special occasions, you would like to visit again. Our hotel and staffs eagerly look forward to your stay again at Hotel Okura Macau.

Hong Kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

It was such a wonderful experience for my whole family last weekend.

Knowing that our trip is to celebrate our wedding anniversary, the hotel specially arranged snacks, drinks and cake for us. What suprised us was that when we arrived at the hotel lobby, we were brought to the VIP lounge and were told that our room could be upgraded. My kids were so excited to have a jacucc in the room for their bathing!

The staff are very nice and all of them are very approachable and helpful!

We have never thought about such wonderful experience and will choose this hotel again when we visit to Macao next time!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
OkuraMacau, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Okura Macau, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Dear Ps S,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Okura for your recent family trip in Macau. We are extremely glad that you and your family had such a wonderful time at our hotel. Even though the casinos play a large part in Macau's tourist attractions, we strive to be family-oriented as well so that all of our guests--younger and older--can have a marvelous time during their visit.

Our hotel prides itself in being able to make your stay memorable, especially during those special occasions, such as your wedding anniversary. We hope the room and anniversary gifts were to your liking--it is our hotel's gift to you and your family. We hope that you will visit Hotel Okura Macau again in the near future. We eagerly await your arrival.

HK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

next time you visit Macau, make sure you try the lobby cafe for high tea, excellent value for about MOP270 for two including coffees and Service charge. Greta service and atmosphere, very clean and stylish.
The tea set is more than enough for two, and they will pack the left behind as snack afterward

Stayed December 2013
OkuraMacau, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Okura Macau, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Dear Uncle_Vin,

Thank you for sampling our Nagomi Cafe's High Tea and taking the time to write a comment about your experience there. We are glad that you found the cakes, Wagashis (Japanese snack), and sandwiches to your liking. Many of our guests tend to visit Nagomi Cafe to relax and bask in the serenity of the Japanese ambiance; we're very happy that you enjoyed the food, environment and services.

We sincerely hope that you will stop by Hotel Okura Macau and visit again in the near future; our hotel has many other food selections that you may admire. We wish you a Happy Holiday!

Hotel Okura Macau

Been to Hotel Okura Macau? Share your experiences!