“Value for money” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
“Value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Nice and spacious room. Must visit sand beach (man-made). Friendly staff ... always feel very welcome. girls are tall here. only disappointment is that the check-in queue is long...but, will still visit again!

Room Tip: Room viewing the sand beach is preferred
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
galaxymacau, Manager at Galaxy Hotel, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear CelineKam,
Thank you for sharing your feedback and comments regarding your recent stay at Galaxy Hotel with the travel community here on TripAdvisor. It was a pleasure to read you found your room lovely and that the staffs were very helpful. I wish to also apologize for the wait at the check-in counter. It is during peak season and we will be doing everything that we can to minimize the wait time in order to deliver a better guest overall experience. I have passed on you kind words to my team here at the hotel and I do hope that we can look after you once again in the near future.
Warm regards,
Guest Care Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (240)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Our stay at the galaxy was amazing, the hotel was beautiful, the staff were great and could not do enough for us, the wave pool was brilliant, our room was spacious, great bathroom, free mini bar, good selection of food in the food court, try the potougese tarts yum! Shuttle buses very frequent to get you around to other venues, quick check in and check out, would recommend this hotel to any of my friends Thankyou galaxy for a very memorable stay.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
galaxymacau, Manager at Galaxy Hotel, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Sandy E,
Thank you for your feedback, I am delighted you found the hotel facilities impressive & staffs great. I am also very pleased to know that your experience has been a memorable one and thank you for recommending us to your friends. We all look forward to be welcoming you back soon.

Truly yours,
Shanghai, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

The Galaxy had beautiful, clean facilities with a great pool area. However, the service, while not negative, was not accomadating enough for the price and star ranking.

Pros:
-beautiful pool with FREE cabanas!
-large room with free minibar
-great bus transportation to area venues (though some took longer than others)

Cons:
I've been to Vegas a few times so I expect better service when we are spending time in a casino
-there was drilling next to our room at 9am. We had to call and explain several times that it was affecting our sleep
-multiple wake-up calls that we never ordered
-after my friend spent hours in the casino and was told by the floor supervisor that we could stay at the pool after we had checked out, the front desk said it was not possible. It took several phone calls to fix this.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear mainereason,
I would like to begin with an apology. Your pleasant enjoyment of the property was interrupted by a construction project as well as the wake up calls and I completely understand both your disappointment and frustration regarding this. In order to understand exactly where we fell short with regards to service, I would very much appreciate if you could find the time to write and provide some more details so that I may look at how to improve the team. I have been in touch with you separately and your feedback from your stay is very constructive. Please accept my apology and do reach out to me should you wish to discuss this further.

Sincerely yours,
Brisbane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

My husband & I recently stayed here for 3 nights and we are not gamblers. We had a fantastic room on Level 30 overlooking the pool area. We found the staff very helpful and they all spoke fairly good English. We had no trouble with making ourselves understood.
This is probably one of the best hotels we have stayed in - I know this is a big call, but that is how we felt about our stay. Yes the place if full of mainland Chinese who travel in large groups and are noisy, but as we didn't spend time in the Casino it really didn't bother us much.
We spent time around the pool area, visited the gym, used the shuttle buses and the tour services and found all to be outstanding.
Would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor as you won't get noise from the pool area
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Itinbris,
I understand that there are many travel options when visiting this city and we sincerely appreciate and thank you for choosing Galaxy Hotel to host you during your most recent visit. I was absolutely delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at Galaxy Hotel and that we met your expectations. I was happy that you liked you pool view room on the higher floor and also got time to try out most of the facilities at the Grand Resort Deck. It was a pleasure to have you staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you and your husband back to us in the near future.

Regards,
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Loved Macau - Ensure you check out the Venetican too. Really nice room overlooking the middle section where the pool is. Unfortunately the wave pool wasn't working when we went but the other pools and spas were great. Drink service at the pool too. I loved the impressive entrance, very colourful. Very nice service and overall happy with our stay.
Really huge hotel (best one in Macau - my opinion) very impressive and a must try.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear GinaK845,
I wish to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I was very pleased to read that you consider Galaxy Hotel your best hotel in Macau and thank you for recommending us on TripAdvisor. I am sorry the weather had forced us to temporarily close the Wave Pool but I do hope that the other facilities here had made you a pleasant stay. Should your plans find you in Macau, we certainly hope to be serving you once again.

Best regards,
Almaty, Kazakhstan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

We stayed in the hotel for 3 nights. It was a great experience. Rooms are very clean and comfortable. Hotel personnel is very attentive and supportive. Minibar is free of charge, but is filled in only once at check-in. Futher filling costs money. There is a variety of restaurants. Whatever you want to eat, you'll certanly find the one suitable personally for you. The hotel provided free shuttle bus services to main attractions. I didn't spent a penny for transportation. Very convenient service. Alsot it is necessary to point out free Wi-Fi (in most HK hotels it is provided for additional money). The pool area is very good for children. It is not too deep. The water is clean. Towels and water are provided on a free of charge basis in front of the pool. All personnel speak English. It was very convenient to communicate. I'll certainly return back to this hotel and recommend it to my friends.

Room Tip: Views from higher floors are more pleasant.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Hello Yuliya L,
Thank you for sharing your feedback and comments regarding your recent stay at Galaxy Hotel with the travel community here on TripAdvisor. It was a pleasure to read you found Galaxy your best hotel and that the staffs were very helpful and appeared eager to please. The staff members here at Galaxy have, and always will be, the reason for the hotels continued success. I was also glad to know that you enjoy all the complimentary services that we offer and I thank you for noting this in your review. Please come back to visit us again!

Kindest regards,
Hong Kong, Hong Kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

I have heard of this hotel. It looks like quite luxury. I planned a trip for 1 night in galaxy. This hotel is really big n just like a small shopping mall. You will easily get lost in this hotel. I disembarked at Cotai Pier and there is a free shuttle bus driving us to the hotel. Macau is a small place, so it won't take long from the Pier to the hotel.

Once we arrived the hotel entrance, we were surprised by the size of the hotel. It's amazingly big! I am pretty sure that it is easy to get lost in this hotel, esp in the casino. Staff there is quite nice. Since i am from HK, i expect people speak cantonese. But seems those receptionist only speak mandarin, It made me feel a bit odd.

There are many shuttle bus route in galaxy. By taking shuttle i can go to most of the places that i had planned. even if galaxy dun have, i can simply take a shuttle bus to the city of dreams n there r some more routes. So if you hv time to wait for shuttle, u dun actually needa spend money on transportation n worry about the public bus route!

Back to the room itself. Once i get into the room, i feel relax and good. I the dining room, the toilet area is visible, but u can put down the curtain if you prefer some privacy. There is a speaker at the bedside with a iphone 4 plug. The amenities are good, but i wonder why there is no comb provided, luckily i bought my own. The toiletries are packed into boxes and puzzled to a picture of Galaxy building. That was too neat and surprised me! Bath tub is good.

Another thing that is worth to mention is the minibar is free. there are 4 cans of soft drinks and 2 cans of beer. That was quite convenient n i like it so much.

At the second day of the morning i went to the artificial waved beach and swimming pool. I got lost again and didn't know where was the changing room lol. I thought the sand and water are together but actually they are separated. The waved beach is fun. It raise up a high wave at about 1m height. Again, i wonder why the changing room didn't hv comb to comb my hair ~_~ they have everything but comb. i don't know why ~_~ Then we go back to room, pack up things and ready to check out. We put our luggage to concierge then we hanged out.

Check out time is 11am. Its a bit too early. Finally we requested for a late check out at 12pm.
So far this hotel is quite good and i think this experience is memorable.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Alison K,
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your recent experience at Galaxy Hotel. I was glad that overall you enjoyed your stay and I have taken note of your helpful comments which I will be sure to share with the team. Please do come back and visit us again in the future.

Best regards,
Guest Care Manager

Been to Galaxy Hotel? Share your experiences!