“Villa 507 truely relaxing” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Banyan Tree Macau

You added Banyan Tree Macau to your Saves list
Banyan Tree Macau
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Galaxy Macau, Avenida Marginal Flor de Lotus, Cotai, Macau, China   |
Offers & Announcements
15% off room rate
Ranked #6 of 89 Hotels in Macau
no where
“Villa 507 truely relaxing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Just to clarify, I did not stay in the main hotel, Banyan also has 10 Pool Villas which is where I stayed, Villa 507.

Villa has 2 bedrooms, living room come dinning room, bathroom with jacuzzi, sauna room, 2 showers, 4 toilets, spa room, private pool & heated jacuzzi in the garden, kitchen & use of a bigger pool just outside the villas.

The villa itself is stunning and very private, doesn't feel like Taipa at all, feels like Thailand!
Amenities incl slippers, bathrobes, silk robes, flip flops, vanity case with oral hygiene products, loofa, hairbrush, nail file, cotton balls/buds basically you can turn up with just the clothing& you will be fine as everything is provided. The toilet is pretty awesome, the lid opens as it sense you coming in!! :D

The beds are very comfy and there seems to be an endless supply of pillows & duvet, I had 4 pillows on 1 bed & 3 duvets! There is also a choice of pillows to choose from which is nice.

Breakfast is standard, nothing outstanding but the level of service in the villas are outstanding, nothing is too much trouble, though sometimes, they do get requests mixed up.
We had a lot of guest over for 2 nights of partying and the cleaning service was immaculate & we were provided with a lot of complimentary water & cutlery.

As well as the private pool, just outside the villas there is a bigger pool for villa residence use only, which is much better as there is never anyone there, the beach pool is really crowed with children & music.

This hotel is part of a huge complex & its out of town, not in Macau, I believe there is a shuttle service, however I didn't use it or look into it.

The only improvement needed is reception as check in desk was a little rude & also at the beach you are permitted to wear black tshirts into the pool, although this was not stated anywhere.

I would absolutely recommend staying here if you are not too fussed about going into town etc.
its a quite fun place for families with young children.

Room Tip: Villa 507 is the furthest villa, however there is buggy service, so no problems
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I want to live here, this little piece of Thai culture in the hustle and bustle, push and shove of Macau is paradise. The staff are beautiful, polite, friendly and helpful. Our room was outstanding, luxurious and massive, we had a swimming pool in our room, the shower was great the decor amazing. We ate only in the Saffron restaurant, the variety and quality of the food was fantastic, I don't know how anyone could find fault with this place, they must be unrealistic.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

i stayed in May with a free upgrade to their suite with two private massage beds, indoor pool (can't swim at all), two jacuzzi bath tub,
in fact, it was too big for 3 of us.
cleanliness is good, but the decoration, FF&E was deteriorated very fast. it just opened for 2 years!
unfortunately, i did not tried the wave pool at podium as it was closed for repair. Must try next time.

• Stayed May 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We felt so different once we stepped in the entrance of Banyan Tree. Friendly staffs were all around and were asked of assistance always. Staffs at the front desk had friendly smile which made us feel welcomed. Check in was efficient and amazingly we got our room by noon time. When my kids entered the room...WOW....spacious, and of coz, the signature pool in the room. My kids enjoyed it so much and didn't want to get out of it.
We went to the indoor pool the next day and again, had a warm welcome by the staffs. They were just so helpful and nice.
I would say 2-day-1-night stay was just too short that we not enjoy all facilities there. The wooden bathtub in the room was a good design but unfortunately we didn't have enough time to try it. We will definitely come back, to enjoy again the wonderful service and the facilities!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Banyan Tree Macau is the best hotel I have ever been. Food and service are excellent. I am really surprise that the TV will show my name on it. Also, I really like the wooden bath tub and the relaxation pool inside the room. Banyan Tree really impresses us deeply and I won't forget the experiences being stayed in here. At the end, I would like to say thank you to all Banyan Tree staff that give us this memorable experience. Thank you!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

KenFromKent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

My Partner and I visited the Banyan Tree Maccau in May/June, I can not rate this hotel enough.
From the check in.. it was nothing but seamless service.

The public areas leave you in awe =, so much money has been spent on this property to ensure that the guest has nothing but the best of experiences

The room was nothing short of excellence, We booked a deluxe room, the size of the room was more like a suite and it included a plunge pool, of all things, the bed was one of the most comfortable we ever slept in. the Toilet was an experience..! try it and you will know what I mean.

The only let down are some of the restaurants not the food, the service, in the various restaurants it can be a bit of a hit and miss affair

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony room, deluxe with a pool
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Overall, the hotel room is fine, but judging from a banyan tree international brand, I would say I am disappointed at the hotel service.
I booked for 2 rooms and stay 2 nights with my family, and arrive the hotel by noon and request for the possibility to check in earlier, but the conceige replied it cannot be arranged and the room can only be available at 3pm. I am actually fine with that as I know the hotel should be fully occupy during peak season. But then, when I arrive the hotel at 4:30pm to check in, the conceige reply to me that both rooms are not yet ready, they keep on saying different excuses, such as lamp out broken down etc.... And when I keep on asking for a valid reason, finally they said that it is because the previous guest pay for extra hours for late check out! Hey, come on, I have also paid for my stay, how come my family have to wait for 2 additional hours?

And when I check out on the last day, the same happen. The bill to my room is wrong and they absolutely overcharge my spa service during my stay, and they took almost 45 minutes to get the bill right, and my family have to wait until they fix the problem.

Review collected in partnership with BanyanTree.com

Joseph B, Manager at Banyan Tree Macau, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor following your recent stay with us.

First and foremost, please accept my sincere apologies on behalf of the team for the inconvenience you have experienced. This is certainly not the standard and service we set out to deliver to our guests. We are in peak season, however, I believe the situation should have been handled more professionally.

I would like to be able to learn more and would greatly appreciate if you could email me at; macau@banyantree.com, so that I am able to identify how we could fall so badly short and take the necessary corrective action steps.

Thank you for sharing, and I do look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely

Joseph

Joseph Beck
Hotel Manager

Been to Banyan Tree Macau? Share your experiences!