“My favorite hotel in Macau.” 5 of 5 stars

Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #10 of 85 Hotels in Macau
4.5 of 5 stars 484 Reviews
Hong Kong, China
“My favorite hotel in Macau.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

This Grand Hyatt lives up to its name. Great everything and connected to the shops and casinos. The Pool is huge and heated in the winter months which is great too. It's also less commercial then the venetian hotel and some others. I have been there twice and plan to go back again. Stay on the club floors if you can, its always a bit nicer.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
The Hague, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Having double entry visa for China, you have to leave China for a moment. Rather than to go to the obvious Hong Kong we went this time to Macau; the old town still having its authentic Portuguese Mediterranean atmosphere. Street signs are still in Portuguese as well. We stayed for three nights in the Grand Hyatt Macau and from here we explored Macau.

The Grand Hyatt Macau is located in the Cotai area between the islands of Coloane and Taipa, off the tip of Macau Peninsula, China and offers shuttle service. The five star luxury hotel is part of the City of Dreams complex and has spacious rooms, a business centre, several restaurants, spa, pool and fitness centre. All you should expect, but the service is impeccable and the hotel got a several rewards this year.

We were cordially invited by dear friend for dinner in the Mezza restaurant. Fantastic appetizers, main courses and desserts, accompanied by delicious Portuguese wines. We experienced an unforgettable evening. Thank again. And we want to thank the staff as well for the utmost pleasant stay.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
UAE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

They are just across from each other and so staying at one place u can easily walk over to enjoy the other place. I do not gamble so cannot comment on the casinos. City of Dreams have some good shows that I enjoyed. Shuttle services from City of Dreams go regularly to the main central Macau. Indian Garden restaurant is a good place for Halal/Muslim food. Grand Hyatt is a very good hotel. We got the executive package so the room was wonderful. Booked it directly with the hotel. Although both these places are away from the old central Macau, the regular shuttle service makes it easy to move between two parts of the town. It rained continuously but all hotels provide u with free umbrellas so no need to take ur own. Our group stayed in the executive tower and rooms were great. I cannot say how the regular rooms look like, Staff is very nice.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
HK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

I kept the idea to myself during our stay to avoid dampening my companion's enjoyment. But she said it anyway over lunch: "This is not like a Grand Hyatt!"

Before the hotel visit, we were wondering whether to book for a two-night stay to make it a more restful one. We were glad we stayed for one night only.

The room (a suite) was exceedingly spacious, especially for a brief stay.

In order to sleep more properly, we had to put some extra effort into getting used to the loud-noise air-conditioning: constant fan / air-movement noise, regular cranking sounds of the air-conditioners turning on and off.

In order to have coffee, we had to wash the handle-less tea cups (only two tea-cups provided) for Chinese tea.

Grand Hyatt Macau put a lot of effort to down-manage my expectations. One day before the scheduled Monday check-in, they had a Reservations Guest Service Officer e-mailing me saying the non-smoking room we booked would be "subject to ... availability".

Two hours later, a Reservations Team Leader e-mailed to say: "The dates of your forthcoming reservation fall over a particular busy period for the hotel, hence we regret to inform you that we are unable to confirm your requests on this occasion. As you are our Gold Passport member, we will place you on priority should there be availability."

During our stay there, we had the impression that the hotel did not have many guests, judging by the traffic in the lobby, the number of check-in / check-out counters opened, and the less-than-half-full restaurants / lobby lounge.

At check-in, the counter staff member gave me a nicely printed letter showing the service hours of the Grand Club Lounge (part of our original Club Room booking for a small extra fee of US$30 approx):

=> All-day light refreshments: 11am - 10pm
=> (breakfast: 6:30pm - 11am)
=> (evening cocktails: 5pm - 7:30pm)

I said the only times we were available to make use of the Club Lounge was after it had closed at 10pm or after we had checked out according to the hotel policy of check-out time at 11am. And I asked for the Club access as well as the small extra fee of US$30 approx to be cancelled. She said we could go to the Club Lounge for breakfast, and then without saying a word, proceeded to check us in and handed us the key cards, as if I never made any request for a change.

I had to raise my voice and tell her to get the Assistant Manager right away. This she was able to do very promptly, without making a sound. The rest was acceptably sorted out by Florence, a senior and obviously much more competent staff member.

So we managed to change from the originally booked Club Deluxe room (in the Grand Club Tower at one end of the hotel) to a Grand Suite (in the Grand Tower at the other end of the hotel), which was practically right on top of the The House of Dancing Water theatre (my sole reason for choosing Grand Hyatt Macau).

We were also able to make up for the time lost at the check-in counter by taking a short cut through the hotel's Beijing Kitchen restaurant to get to the theatre for the 5pm show.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
HK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

I and my family planned to stay in this hotel for 2 nights. We have booked the grand suite twin room and mentioned that we will have a child go with us.The check-in service needed to improve. They cannot stop the people from interrupting into the queue. When we arrived the room, we found that the room is spacious and clean except that they only provide us two sets of pyjamas and shoes . When we ask for extra blanket on the second night since my son said that it was quite cold at night, it made us surprise since we were told to pay for the extra blanket . Besides this , the pool is quite big and the helpers at the pool side are good. They are very nice and helpful. On the whole, quite a good hotel although the standard of service is below my expectation.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

I had an amazing experience at this hotel - from the moment I stepped out of the taxi to the moment I left. The welcome staff was great, helped me right away and sent my bags up to the room while I checked in. The room was absolutely amazing - huge bathroom with tub overlooking the water. Bed was so comfortable that I didn't want to leave.

The hotel was in a great location - connected to a few other hotels and a big shopping center. The casino was also great.

Absolutely no complaints about this hotel, I will stay here every time I go to Macau.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

This is our second favorite hotel option after Venetian. I guess its because Venetian is right across the street when we can't book it cause its full. Hyatt is very spacious and the deco is modern, simple and sleek. However, it lacks a warm feel....dunno, maybe its because of the layout. The Nespresso coffee maker in the room is what made me real happy. The beds are nice and comfy. The only issue I have with Hyatt is their bathrooms. I have stayed here 3 times and each time I had a problem with the drainage system that we had to change rooms twice altogether. Not nice. The hotel breakfast is nice but not overtly commendable. The staff here at Hyatt are very very attentive and well trained. The best thing about Hyatt is their swimming pools. Its big, there are many sunbeds laid out, and it doesn't get so crowded -- I have found it to be the best, especially for adults!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Been to Grand Hyatt Macau? Share your experiences!