“Best Carbonara” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Perth, United Kingdom
“Best Carbonara”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

Ate here when visiting The Venetian Hotel. Set in St Marks Square. Very touristy. Good service. Best Carbonara I have ever eaten. Asked about the chef and he was from China. Highly recommended, but not cheap.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Cairns, Australia
“Great food, nice atomsphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

The food was great, funny to have Italian, in China, but who cares, it was a bit expensive but the service was very good, and sitting outside, well sort of, in the grand canal at the Venetian Casino under the perfect blue sky's listing to opera who could not enjoy.

Visited February 2014
Shanghai, China
“Worst Service EVER average food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

We went into the restaurant around 10, there was only other party there. we waited for 5 minutes until we decided to call a server over to order drinks. than waited another couple minutes to order dinner, same thing we had to call them over. Anyways as if that wasn't bad enough, it took a couple minutes for them to bring us hot water, and a couple more for my mimosa. After i was finished with my mimosa, they didn't ask if i wanted another. They never once came over and asked us how our food was. I asked my my lamb chop medium well, and it turned out to be medium rare. The only thing that was ok was the lobster pasta I had which was still a little bit light on the sauce. If i could give 0 stars for this restaurant I would.

and if that wasn't bad enough there was a mandatory service charge that landed on my check. I get that it's china, but still service could use some work. thumbs down for this restaurant for anyone that wants to go here.

• Visited November 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Nanjing, China
“Not even close to Italian food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Worst ever imitation of Italian food...
Carpaccio was still ok, Pizza was horrible with more of a cheese lookalike substance than anything else.
No go...

Seoul, South Korea
“Not true Italian, but still good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Although advertised as an Italian restaurant, it also has an extensive menu of not so "italian" entries. RIsotto is a favorite of my partner, never has let her down. We come from other hotels, just to eat here. I don't its over priced (especially in a hotel/casino), but you need to spend a little more $$, to get what you're looking for. I've sampled the Wagyu and American steaks, they're fine but not the true Wagyu/American Prime steak flavor (Otherwise it would have been priced much higher) Service is always great, quick and helpful.

• Visited September 2013