“Four Seasons, Really?” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Belcancao

Belcancao
LiDao Dang Zi Wang de ShengMu Wan Main Road SiJi Hotel 1 Floor | Four Seasons Hotel, Macau, China
(853) 2881-8888
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
“Four Seasons, Really?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

This restaurant has potential , but just seems to be missing the wow factor that other FS properties have in there dining establishments.. Slow to replenish the seafood, had to ask 3 times for more lobster and the hot dishes and to be honest I didnt see any Portuguese inspired food on the buffet, (besides the egg tart), isnt the name of the restaurant Belcancao (Portuguese)???? For breakfast buffet the omelet cooks were rude and forceful, I asked for my eggs over easy but they were given to another guest, ... a bit messy system for a 5 star hotel... Breakfast food was dead the silver dishes for hours without replenishment, all dried out and tasteless. Rachell the hostess was great! very professional and pleasant.
Very disappointing experience, wont revisit on my next trip.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Hong Kong, China
“Superb food surpassed by extraordinary service- you must eat here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

Looking at the ratings, I am puzzled as to why only one person has put a five for this restaurant.

Food is a definite five- but in terms of service I would give it a ten if I could.

Our every need at the restaurant was met by Andrew (terrific job), Rachell, Jasmine, Rita, Rose, Violet, Francis, euola and Stephen- I hope I didn’t miss anyone. Everything was done so perfectly and precisely (I would love to go into more detail, but then I think I would bore you), you just had to be there to experience it (sort of like a Disney musical number).

Our every need was looked over. I have never been to a restaurant where people were so attentive. It was really extraordinary. The fact was that they were very attentive without being overbearing, which is a lost art these days. A lot of our needs were attended to without even saying anything- as if they were reading our minds.

Once again, I can’t say how much we enjoy eating there- it is like eating with family.

Other than the one dinner we had to eat out because of a third party’s request, we ate at the Balancao for lunch/dinner. In fact, we actually went back (unplanned) @ 9 pm (instead of 3 pm) on Sunday so we could actually have dinner at the Balancao.

In terms of food, we would probably pitch a tent in front of the buffet counter if we could and just sleep there. If you go there, get the made-to-order pasta and ask for Carlos. I know most of the time that these made-to-order stations are manned by some junior guy that just boils the pasta and adds the sauce.

this place is absolutely different. Carlos' pasta were superb. Once again, not sure why he doesn’t have an Italian restaurant and make the pasta- he is that good. Also, the pasta there was amazing, better than most of the best Italian restaurants anywhere- and most likely on par with Marea (Michael White) in NYC or Il Mulino. Carlos was always so willing to make the “triple threat” for us all the times we went there (one in pesto, one in cream and the final in tomato sauce). To be honest, we would go there just for the pasta- it was that good. We ate the “triple threat” for all of our meals there- and carlos was fabulous, like I said the best pasta this side of the pacific.

In terms of the food, it was (like I said before) fabulous. My wife was camped out at the desert station and at the hot dish sections most of the time. I enjoyed the salads immensely. In fact, I loved the way that the carrots and cucumbers were cut (sort of in a long thin wedge shape- like a long potato chip)- ingenious. I think I emptied a bowl by myself.

In terms of dessert, you should definitely try the homemade marshmellows and the homemade jelly belllies (I tried to take the whole container home with me- I don't like jelly bellies, but these are really, realy good).

homemade ice cream? Have it. Macau style egg tarts? Have it. Mango w/sago? Have it. Pecan crumble pie? Have it. traditional macau dessert? Are you kidding me? Have it.

In fact, it would be a shorter conversation to let people know what the dessert station doesn' thave.

Once again, not sure what restaurant the people below went to- but it clearly wasn't the same restaurant.

this is the place to eat in macau- much less anywhere (must have gone at least five times the last month).

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne
“Excellent In every respect and Rachell is a star!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

We had dinner with a colleague at Bellcancao on the recommendation of a friend. Though we weren't staying at the Four Seasons on this occasion, we knew the Four Season would be a pretty safe bet. Dinner at Belcancao pretty good, made great by excellent staff and outstanding service. The ever attentive Rachell is a fabulous ambassador for Belcancao and the Four Seasons in general. People like Rachell are what will continue to give the Four Seasons the edge over other outstanding hotels. We will recommend Belcancao as a must for any one we know that is going to Macau, let alone the Four Seasons.

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Singapore, Singapore
“A delightful buffet spread and wonderful service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

We were at the Belcancao on the second day of the New Year for lunch and were very impressed by the comprehensive buffet offerings. The spread was in some ways more extensive than that found at Wynn's Cafe Esplanada at a comparable price and in an excellent setting.

The buffet had a selection of seafood, Chinese dishes, Indian dishes, salads, sushi, breads, etc. There was even a selection of Indian chutneys. There was a huge variety at the dessert section, which looked really good!

We were quite happy with a number of the dishes, including the fried salmon, black lentils and tandoori lamb. The kimchi was good stuff and the marinated artichokes superb. There could have been other excellent dishes which I don't remember. The desserts we tried were quite wonderful as well. There were some dishes that didn't quite work for me, including the Thai green papaya salad, the Indian vegetable curry and the egg tarts.

The restaurant gives off a lovely warm and friendly vibe with its darkwood, clean lines and light decorative touches. The middle of the restaurant was a little too dark, so we sat by glass doors and let the sunlight brighten things up a bit. The outdoor area looks lovely, but is closed during winter. The service was personal and of Four Seasons standard.

• Visited January 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Jena, Germany
“It should be better for The Four Season Hotel.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011

Since thi restaurant is located in Four Season Hotel actually it should be better. I have been tried two times and found that the quality of the salmon is not as good as at "Bambu" at the Venetian hotel, just around two corners. Even they do have a wide range of cheese at their buffet and might be a wider range of sweets and other dishes. The prices are a little higher than at Bambu too. About 280 HKD/ buffet for lunch and more than 300 HKD for dinner. And it's non-smoking as well! So if you like a nice salmon and duck and like to take a smoke after food try Bambu at Venetian

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere