“Visual, Taste, and Service” 5 of 5 stars

4.5 of 5 stars 104 Reviews
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Fremont, California
“Visual, Taste, and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

The 8 had Best Visual, taste and services.
I and My friend spended HKD800(Include tips) for Sunday Brunch, we were so happy for the quality of food and their services.
Just I want to say, "Go, have seat and taste the flavors!!!"

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Hong Kong, China
3,122 reviews 3,122 reviews
1,097 restaurant reviews
8,062 helpful votes 8,062 helpful votes
“Excellent Cantonese dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

We recently enjoyed another excellent lunch at The Eight, a Michelle starred restaurant at Grand Lisboa. Based on this experience, we'll be returning to The Eight again soon and can offer high recommendations for dining here.

All tables fully taken during our meal so we would highly suggest making advance reservations to avoid disappointment. For this lunch, we reserved around a month in advance as we did last time around. Email reservation request did take 3 days for them to reply so would probably be best to call directly.

The Eight serves an amuse-boche prior to your courses being brought out. This time we had a abalone w/ citrus seeds that was very nice. This was shortly followed by our four lunch dishes.

BBQ pork foie gras (MOP$50 per piece)
This was good but as enjoyed as other dishes. The flavours where right but the bbq somewhat overwhelmed the goose liver. It was a nice dish for those who enjoy foie gras (rating 3.5 of 5) but there are better items on the menu in our view.

Signature Pan-fried BBQ Pork bun (MOP$45)
This was a 3 piece serving of traditional char sui bao, delicately created to resemble a hedgehog. It was so cute that we almost didn't want to eat them but take them home instead. They tasted wonderful as well. Pan-fried crispy bottom and delicious bbq pork made this a superb dim sum order, especially at this price (rating 5 of 5). This one we will purposely reorder next time.

Roasted Goose with wild mushrooms (MOP$180)
Very good main dish all the way around. The goose was succulent, flavourful and the skin was thin and crispy. Our only complaint as that they didn't serve more (rating 4.5 of 5). This was a great main but you might want to order rice or a vegetable to eat along side the goose.

Coconut Glutinous Rice w/ mango (MOP$60)
Mango was rich and flavourful and the glutinous rice consistency was just perfect. We both very much enjoyed this dish (rating 5 of 5) and are debating still if we should have ordered a second round. It was that good!

After our meal we were served a small cup of Cantonese style milk tea and two small egg tarts.

Worth note, the dining area is beautiful and tables are well spaced apart, allowing light conversation. Staff were more timely this time around and executed in a manner more befitting of a Michelin restaurant. English speaking host visited and gave helpful dish explanations and recommendations.

Overall, this was an excellent meal for two under MOP500 in a Michelin Starred restaurant. That is something that you don't come across very often in this part of the world. Based on very good lunches at The Eight in recent times, we presently find this restaurant easy to recommend to those visiting Macau.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Montreux, Switzerland
“A Michelin with reasonable price.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

Was here for my mum's birthday dinner, I sent email to reserve a table and inform them it's for birthday dinner. I expected to have some nice arrangement yet there is nothing special unless I asked them before my arrival if they have any cakes to pre-order for the birthday as I expected to have "sth" from this Michelin star rest.

I really love the deco & atmosphere, especially the design of the whole restaurant. But I doubt why The Eight is Michelin star as dishes not really outstanding as a Michelin, and the presentation of the dishes are so-so, even tho the service & deco are great. Overall I can say this is a Michelin star with reasonable price, with great service but there is still a lot of improvement to become a real Michelin.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Hong Kong, China
“Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

I decided to visit this restaurant after reading the reviews here and I was not disappointed. In fact, the service at the restaurant was very good. They helped us with ordering by recommending items. They were very attentive and cleared our plates promptly. The dim sum was delicious and we loved that they came in unique shapes like goldfish and hedgehogs. I highly recommend visiting this restaurant when you are in Macau

Quezon City, Philippines
“Book Early”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

We wanted very much to try their famous dumplings but they were full when we tried to walk in. We've tried booking through our hotel thrice but they were always fully booked although we were there for three weekdays.

Rating based on reviews and because I can't post without rating.

Visited March 2014