We returned from Codial Mogan Playa two weeks ago and have not stopped telling our friends what a fabulous hotel it is.We are unable to understand any of the comments in the one negative review posted a few days ago,please don't let it put you off.
From arrival we were made to feel so welcome with champers/orange juice whilst checking in to being met before dinner on the Thursday again with free drinks.The manager also chatted with us to see how we were enjoying ourselves.Then the last night at dinner the restaurant manager came to our table to thank us for coming and wish us well.My husband was up getting his meal so the same manager came to see him whilst we were having our after dinner drink in the bar.
There is a Piano/Saxaphone Bar and another bar where the evening entertainment/Mini Disco is .Entertainment was mixed and typical of most Spanish Hotels but there were a couple of very passable singers and a 'Four Tops' Tribute which we really enjoyed.
The food was superb quality and the morning eggs and Meat/Fish all freshly cooked to order.There is no one more fussy about food than me,especially as I am Wheat/Gluten Free.
Other people have reviewed the hotel in detail but it is hard to appreciate how good it is until you are there.We did feel when we were there that when we got home we would book again for later in the year but it is a lot more expensive then, we will definately go back soon though as it was so relaxing.
Mogan itself was very quiet,apparently it always is in May/June,added to that the recession according to our rep,so if you want a lively resort it would not be for you.Also there were many Europeans there so again, if you prefer an all ' English ' resort it is not for you.
The nearby bus service was great and very reliable,we used it twice and also got the ferry into Puerto Rico.
One of the other reviews spoke of the Timeshare/Holiday Club touts.We went to a presentation from Puerto Rico,taken by free taxi to Arginigine.This was a place we intended visiting anyway so got to see it for free[not a place worth bothering about though!!!] Anyway after the presentation and not joining the 'ridiculously' priced holiday club we left with a large free bottle of Baileys,T Shirt and holiday voucher[we wont use it as it is back to Arginigine]Free taxi back to Puerto Rico, so we didn't come out of it too badly we thought.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This impressive resort represents a Canarian Village and consists of 9 different buildings. There are 487 rooms, distributed in 399 double rooms, 33 single rooms, 5 double suites and 50 junior suites. There isn't a feeling of being in a large resort – the original architecture which includes a chapel speaks for itself. All rooms are equipped with air conditioning, satellite TV with integrated DVD-player, mini bar (for supplement), safe (on charge), bathroom with hairdryer, furnished terrace or balcony and more. The total surface of 48.000 m2, includes about 10.300 m2 of subtropical garden area with two splendid swimming pools (heated in winter) and whirlpools, kid's pool, kid's playground, solarium with sun beds, mattresses, umbrellas, and pool restaurant with terrace. This luxury resort offers a buffet restaurant, a-la-carte restaurant "Los Guayres," 3 bars, Discobar, Kiosque, a meeting room, a TV room, an internet and reading room (Internet on charge), Wellness and Spa Center "Spa Inagua" (for supplement, entrance up to 18 years old) and a large variety of sport activities (squash, bowling alley, multi-sport field, gym, ping pong, darts, boccia, garden chess, aerobics, aqua gym...). Some activities may be on charge. The Hotel Cordial Mogan Playa is a unique combination of a luxury vacational resort with an authentic Spanish atmosphere in a peaceful and beautiful surrounding. The wonderful subtropical climate allows the visitor to enjoy water sport activities and to play golf all year round. • In January 2009 opened the international Dive Company. Extra Divers is based within the hotel offering dive courses and excursions• In March 2009 the archeological park "Las Crucecitas" was inaugurated. It forms part of the hotel and shows newest remains and findings of the ancient burial grounds of the Guanches• In November 2011 opened "Hike & Bike" offering bike rental, excursions etc.• WiFi free of charge in whole hotel area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Despegar.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Cordial Mogan Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cordial Mogan Playa Hotel Puerto De Mogan
- Mogan Playa
- Hotel Mogan Playa
- Hotel Cordial Mogan Playa
- Cordial Mogan Playa Puerto De Mogan, Gran Canaria