Loved the public areas, gardens, pools and room. On check-in, late at night, we had to decide whether we wanted the late or early sitting for dinner (and this would remain the same all week, unless you asked permission to change on the day). The sittings were either 6 - 7.30 or 8.30 - 10pm, totally unacceptable.
Although the quality and quantity of the food couldn't be faulted, the restaurant was busy and very noisy - people and staff constantly on the move.
Yes, you could have freshly grilled steak in the evening or omelettes for breakfast, but not without joining long queues. Guests at breakfast were obviously stocking up on food for the day, some making up rolls and one person walking out with a whole bunch of bananas. Just not my scene.
I would only stay here again on a bed-only basis. The town and port are beautiful and have a wealth of excellent restaurants.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This impressive resort represents a Canarian Village and consists of 9 different buildings. There are 487 rooms, distributed in 399 double rooms, 33 single rooms, 5 double suites and 50 junior suites. There isn't a feeling of being in a large resort – the original architecture which includes a chapel speaks for itself. All rooms are equipped with air conditioning, satellite TV with integrated DVD-player, mini bar (for supplement), safe (on charge), bathroom with hairdryer, furnished terrace or balcony and more. The total surface of 48.000 m2, includes about 10.300 m2 of subtropical garden area with two splendid swimming pools (heated in winter) and whirlpools, kid's pool, kid's playground, solarium with sun beds, mattresses, umbrellas, and pool restaurant with terrace. This luxury resort offers a buffet restaurant, a-la-carte restaurant "Los Guayres," 3 bars, Discobar, Kiosque, a meeting room, a TV room, an internet and reading room (Internet on charge), Wellness and Spa Center "Spa Inagua" (for supplement, entrance up to 18 years old) and a large variety of sport activities (squash, bowling alley, multi-sport field, gym, ping pong, darts, boccia, garden chess, aerobics, aqua gym...). Some activities may be on charge. The Hotel Cordial Mogan Playa is a unique combination of a luxury vacational resort with an authentic Spanish atmosphere in a peaceful and beautiful surrounding. The wonderful subtropical climate allows the visitor to enjoy water sport activities and to play golf all year round. • In January 2009 opened the international Dive Company. Extra Divers is based within the hotel offering dive courses and excursions• In March 2009 the archeological park "Las Crucecitas" was inaugurated. It forms part of the hotel and shows newest remains and findings of the ancient burial grounds of the Guanches• In November 2011 opened "Hike & Bike" offering bike rental, excursions etc.• WiFi free of charge in whole hotel area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Despegar.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Cordial Mogan Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cordial Mogan Playa Hotel Puerto De Mogan
- Mogan Playa
- Hotel Mogan Playa
- Hotel Cordial Mogan Playa
- Cordial Mogan Playa Puerto De Mogan, Gran Canaria