“BAR MARINA RESTAURANT AND APPARTMENTS” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Bar
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Newton-le-Willows
“BAR MARINA RESTAURANT AND APPARTMENTS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

We have had the great pleasure to stay in Bar Marina appartments for 4 separate occasions in the last 2 years and have pre booked another 5 visits!! This says it all about how we feel about Puerta Mogan and the appartments in Little Venice. The roof terraces are a wonderful place to relax and soak up the sun, the beach is perfect and there is daily cleaning and fresh towels for the appartments. All this and the restaurant is under the avuncular control of Billy who once you have learned to understand the strong Irish brogue coupled with odd pieces of the vernacular! turns out to be a caring efficient host. The meals at the Marina are no nonsense good value food to cater for all tastes. You will get particularly good service from Jez the English waiter and for a change can go to the pool bar for a great breakfast, lunch and swim. Cant wait for our next visit in Feb.

• Visited December 2012

Truro, United Kingdom
“Restaurant and apartments are very good value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

We stayed in a one bedroom apartment belonging to Billy, the owner of the restuarant. The apartment was exactly as described, cleaned daily, with fridge, washing machine, free WiFi and all the facilities needed for a week in the sun. We ate in the restaurant a couple of times and the food was good, plenty of it and served with a smile from all the friendly staff. We also had an after dinner drink or two at the bar on a few evenings and really enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere and welcoming bar tenders.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Fantastic 4 weeks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

This was the 4. time we stayed in a 2-bedroom-2-bathroom apartment oceanside, this year for almost 4 weeks. Excellent service 6 days a week. New was free wifi in the apartment and including pool if you didn´t want to visit the charming sand-beach only 150 m to walk. The restaurant was excellent too. We vent there at least 2 or 3 times a week during our stay.

• Visited November 2012
Limerick, Ireland
“Fantastic two weeks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Four of us stayed here from the 16th to the 30th of Oct. We rented two one bedroomed apartments. They were both fantastic more like 5star clean comfortable and modern. One was overlooking the harbour and the other was on a quiet street. Both were only a two minute walk from the beach. We had the use of a lovely pool which was great as there are not many pools in the area.
We ate in Denneheys restaurant many nights. The food was fantastic, great portions and great value. Billy and Jez couldnt have been more helpful.
All in all a fantastic holiday and can't wait to go back next year

• Visited October 2012
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“A hit with myself and my Father”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We opted for this restaurant because they had a special on of Irish Stew and my dear Dad wanted it, and as he was elderly, not in the best of health, I agreed. After our meal, I was very, very happy with his choice, as was he.

He enjoyed his stew immensely and when my fish arrived, it was so big that it trailed off the plate and was cooked to perfection! In fact, it was so perfect that just over a year later, I still remember just how divine it was. I was so full that I was unable to eat anything else.

I am returning to GC for Christmas and have already earmarked this place to visit with my husband.

It has a relaxed atmosphere, the staff are jolly, friendly and very accommodating and the setting is very nice too.

I recommend the sole.

Sadly, my dear Dad has since departed (Jan 2012) but our many trips to delightful Mogan and our only visit to this restaurant will remain with me as a wonderful memory to cherish. It is funny how we made trips to all sorts of places together and yet, this simple pleasure never fails to make me smile because he so thoroughly enjoyed it.

• Visited December 2011