This was our (husband & I) first trip to Gran Canaria and we were very pleased with Puerto Mogan and this aparthotel. Our flat was a good size for the two of us with a generous sized bath and big balcony that was full of sun from early afternoon til evening (the sun was warm enough to sunbathe until about 18.30!) We spent the morning til early afternoon and one of the two quiet smaller pools; the third and largest pool is best for families with children.
Our the private transportation that was included in our package took 40 minutes to the quiet Puerto Mogan. We're not party people so the quietness suited us and we felt very safe there. Almost every night we strolled down the pedestrian street to eat at a restaurant (we recommend La Taberna del Puerto at the port, not the beach) for about 40 euro, including alcohol. Otherwise we shopped at HyperDino (open Sundays as well), the grocery store directly across from the hotel which was very reasonably priced (keeping in mind we are from Norway) and carries everything one might need. The flat's kitchen is well equipped for 4 persons.
We read about others difficulty with cockroaches, but we saw none. We had a brief problem with tiny ants in the bathroom that was solved by locating the tiny crack in the grout where they came from and stopping it with toothpaste. Oh, bring your own handsoap for the sink. Others are right -- the hairdryer is HOPELESS. Bring your own. Water presser in the shower was wonderful, but the pane of glass was too narrow to keep the floor dry.
The employees were all very friendly. Since we didn't know what to expect, our package included breakfast. The breakfast selection was wide and varied to make everyone happy. Maria at the omelette/fried egg station was very pleasant and taught me how to place my order in Spanish (even though she had it memorized by day 3).
Yes, there is no air conditioning, but for May, we were ok with the fans in the bedroom and living area. If it were any warmer, we would have had to rent one. It was a little disappointing to have to rent the room safe (14 euro/wk).
Two evenings were affected by noise from the British pub across the way showing a televised football game. It was so loud we could understand the announcer word-for-word from our balcony. The front desk said this was frequently a problem and could not be solved by them complaining to the pub.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In Puerto de Mogán, a fishermen area known as “Little Venice” by its visitors, just a few metres from the beach and from the colourful fishing quay and the marina, all surrounded by the beautiful and exuberant Mogán Valley. 303 luxurious and broad apartments of one or two bedrooms covering a total surface of 35.000 squared metres with subtropical garden adjacent to Hotel Cordial Mogán Playa.All the apartments have a living-room with kitchenette (microwave, coffee-machine, fridge, toaster, kettle), safe (for rent), satellite TV, direct telephone, bathroom and furnished terrace with private shower. There are ceiling fans in living- and bedroom.Half board including buffet breakfast and dinner with the possibility of having lunch instead of dinner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Cordial Mogan Valle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cordial Mogan Valle Hotel Puerto De Mogan
- Cordial Mogan Valle Puerto De Mogan, Gran Canaria