“Fine if you want to do the same you do at home in the sun, but not really for us” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Angela Tingaki

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tigaki
Angela Tingaki
You added Angela Tingaki to your Saves list
Tigaki, Tigaki 85300, Greece   |
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Tigaki
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Bolton
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

These apartments are adequate if you just want to go to the same place, several times a year, meet up with the same people and not venture any further than the pool bar for the whole of your stay.

The rooms were ok, quite basic but to be fair we have stayed in worse, and paid a lot more in the past. One of our main criticisms would be the standard of the cleaning, or lack of it. The maid only visited twice during our weeks stay, on about the 2nd day in and then not again until two days before we left. Meaning that the toilet paper bin had been left unemptied for about 4 days. Also towels only changed a couple of times. No replacement toilet rolls provided either, you have to buy these from the supermarket.

Air conditioning is 7 euros per night which is around about what we would normally pay. Shouldn't really have needed it, as most nights it was actually comfortable enough for us to sleep with the patio doors open, but we are unable to do this thanks to the chain smokers in the adjoining apartment constantly lighting up on their balcony starting quite early in the morning.

The pool area was OK but quite small, with the beds packed quite closely together, again the majority of guests and the staff were constantly smoking in the communal areas, making it quite uncomfortable for non smokers when trying to relax by the pool or having something to eat at the pool bar. We also got pretty fed up of hearing Stock, Aitken and Waterman's greatest hits repeatedly blarring out day after day.

For the first few days of the holiday we ate at the pool bar, but did not find the quality of the food to be up to much in comparison to the taverna's and snack bars nearby. The Rodini, which is straight opposite does a selection of nice breakfast and lunch options and is far better value for money. The complex next door called 'Socrates' also offers snacks and has a beautiful spacious pool area. If you are by the beach during the day time, try the King Size bar, lovely atmosphere, chilled and relaxed, no one smoking in your direction and lovely food.

All in all the Angela was not for us, as I don't think we were typical of the usual clients. I have read some of the other reviews where people have said they felt excluded and were treated differently to those holiday makers who spend all of their time in the complex. I can see where they are coming from, but we didn't let this bother us too much. The more time we spent away from the Angela, discovering what the resort had to offer, the happier we felt, but by no means did the atmosphere at the complex spoil our holiday at all.

A few restaurants I would recommend are the Nisiotiko, this is on the main street on the right, on both visits to Tigaki we found this to be the best place to eat. We also had a very nice meal at the Hercules Taverna which is just next door to the Angela, walking towards the town. Here we had a greek mixed plate for two including a glass of wine each for less than 20 euros.

Overall, I would say the Angela is OK, if you don't like to be independent and are happy to spend all of your time mixing with the fellow guests, eating food similar to what you get at home and are not bothered about sampling what Greece has to offer.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Southampton, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

We have been going to Tingaki for 15 years, twice a year and have stayed at various apartments in Tingaki.

Due to the high flight prices the only way we could afford to get to Kos in September was to book a package deal with Olympic, staying at the Angela Apartments. We knew they would be basic but did not expect the cleanliness to be the same. We had mould in the bathroom on the wall and a shower head that was rusty and green! We had holes in the sheets, one of our towels was frayed and torn (I would have used it to dry my dog with).
The runners for the patio doors were full of grime, sand and dead insects. There was a really dodgey light switch by the bed which we decided not to use and thick dust on the wooden bed bases along with dust under the beds (noticed when pulling suitcases out covered in dust!) I did not complain about the room and decided along with my husband and daughter not to let it spoil our week in Kos. At the end of the week I went along to ask Nicki if we could keep the room for a few more hours as we had a late flight. I decided I was going to tell her I would not pay the extra 25 euros due to the state of the room. After asking her to come and see the room with me, along with the ripped towel, she explained the towel was probably ripped in the washing machine, said the mould was due to no ventilation, and laughed at the filthy shower head. Needless to say, we left first thing in the morning, being offered a shower and room at a greek friends property nearby. Im not sure if another part of the apartments have cleaner rooms but dont stay in Room 55!
Ill be back in June for sure but will not be staying at Angelas again!

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

this was our 3rd time to the angela apts tingaki, and i love it the accomodation is excellant everything you need, really clean, the welcome u get when u arrive is lovely nicky and george and family cannot do enough for you, paul and dave are brilliant they work really really hard as does everyone involved in the hotel to make sure you have a great holiday, which we certainly did and met some lovely people, the hardest part is leaving all the staff wave u off and i cried all the way to the airport, cannot wait till i return next year, i just love it,joyce

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Huddersfield, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Having just returned from the Angela Appartments, I just want to say what a lovely warm and welcoming place to stay. Appartments were clean, bright and airy, we paid for air conditioning necessary in August. Food was off good quality but felt no obligation to spend our time and money at the hotel, this had no impact on the welcome we received having read comments in previous reviews. save and Paul were great, and owner Nicki was always pleasant with a great sense of humour. The only reason indidn't give full marks was that we found the beds very hard and uncomfortable. I would recommend the Angela to anyone looking for good quality basic accommodation.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Oh my gosh! Never been somewhere where the people are so friendly and welcoming :D! It's my sixth year here, and I still love it just the same...it's nice to return and see old and new faces, the island is beautiful and tingaki is great, full of lovely shops! Will keep coming back!

• Stayed August 2012
Kent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

My fried and I stayed at the Angela for a week in Aug 2012. Where do I start. The accommodation was clean and spacious, food was excellent, especially the Kleftico and the staff are so welcoming. I didn't get my case when I landed and was without for 2 days so David one of the staff offered to sort me out some clothes if my case didn't arrive. You don't get that kind of service everywhere. The pool was clean and well looked after and the supermarket on site has everything you may need. Bar prices were reasonable and the food menu is varied. Don't take any notice of negative comments on here. The Angela is good for couples and families and great fun to stay at, especially when they have their Greek Night and Bingo Night. Thank you Dave, Paul & Nicky and the rest of the staff for a brilliant holiday. We are missing it already. Will definitely be booking for next year but for 2 weeks not 1.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

This is a typical 2* greek aparthotel. Go in with these expectations and you will fit in perfectly and have a fabulous time. The hotel is basic - but there is Aircon available by the night or week and you get BBC world on the TV's. Rooms are comfortable and clean and you even get a shower curtain - I've been to some hotels in Greece where this doesn't happen - mind you the whole bathroom floor still gets wet...Happily owner Nicky and barmen Dave and Paul are nearly always around to keep you amused.

Most life happens around the pool, with twice weekly quiz nights and bingo - both good fun, an excellent choice of Greek and English meals served up by George and always someone to chat to until the early hours.

There is a large covered area next to the bar if you need the shade like me and a supermarket on site for snacks and drinks.

The resort is a friendly place with lots of good natured Brits present and both traditional Greek tavernas and British style cocktail and disco bars - open until you stop buying drinks in many cases.

Also there is a good beach with sunbeds available for hire and the Artemis Hamam Turkish baths and Spa - Well worth a visit in the first few days for a Turkish Bath if you have never had one and a follow up Aromatherapy or Anti stress massage a few days later - I fell asleep during mine - a totally relaxing experience.

For quiz fans the Angela does them on Thurs and Sunday, but there is another one at Miros Apartments on Friday night - combined with a BBQ, all of these being a good night.

A perfect choice for a no frills holiday - just dont expect the Savoy!

Room Tip: Low floor rooms in the shadow of the bar cooler if you dont like aircon