“Great hotel! Lovely people!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Angela Tingaki

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tigaki
Angela Tingaki
You added Angela Tingaki to your Saves list
Tigaki, Tigaki 85300, Greece   |
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Tigaki
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Great hotel! Lovely people!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Oh my gosh! Never been somewhere where the people are so friendly and welcoming :D! It's my sixth year here, and I still love it just the same...it's nice to return and see old and new faces, the island is beautiful and tingaki is great, full of lovely shops! Will keep coming back!

• Stayed August 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Kent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

My fried and I stayed at the Angela for a week in Aug 2012. Where do I start. The accommodation was clean and spacious, food was excellent, especially the Kleftico and the staff are so welcoming. I didn't get my case when I landed and was without for 2 days so David one of the staff offered to sort me out some clothes if my case didn't arrive. You don't get that kind of service everywhere. The pool was clean and well looked after and the supermarket on site has everything you may need. Bar prices were reasonable and the food menu is varied. Don't take any notice of negative comments on here. The Angela is good for couples and families and great fun to stay at, especially when they have their Greek Night and Bingo Night. Thank you Dave, Paul & Nicky and the rest of the staff for a brilliant holiday. We are missing it already. Will definitely be booking for next year but for 2 weeks not 1.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

This is a typical 2* greek aparthotel. Go in with these expectations and you will fit in perfectly and have a fabulous time. The hotel is basic - but there is Aircon available by the night or week and you get BBC world on the TV's. Rooms are comfortable and clean and you even get a shower curtain - I've been to some hotels in Greece where this doesn't happen - mind you the whole bathroom floor still gets wet...Happily owner Nicky and barmen Dave and Paul are nearly always around to keep you amused.

Most life happens around the pool, with twice weekly quiz nights and bingo - both good fun, an excellent choice of Greek and English meals served up by George and always someone to chat to until the early hours.

There is a large covered area next to the bar if you need the shade like me and a supermarket on site for snacks and drinks.

The resort is a friendly place with lots of good natured Brits present and both traditional Greek tavernas and British style cocktail and disco bars - open until you stop buying drinks in many cases.

Also there is a good beach with sunbeds available for hire and the Artemis Hamam Turkish baths and Spa - Well worth a visit in the first few days for a Turkish Bath if you have never had one and a follow up Aromatherapy or Anti stress massage a few days later - I fell asleep during mine - a totally relaxing experience.

For quiz fans the Angela does them on Thurs and Sunday, but there is another one at Miros Apartments on Friday night - combined with a BBQ, all of these being a good night.

A perfect choice for a no frills holiday - just dont expect the Savoy!

Room Tip: Low floor rooms in the shadow of the bar cooler if you dont like aircon
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the Angela for our honeymoon week and we loved every minute. The staff are very friendly and welcoming, the food is delicious and excellent value and the hotel is lovely and clean. There's are events at the hotel such as the Greek nights, quiz and bingo nights and pool parties where the staff are as involved as the guests. Nikki, George, Paul & David go out of their way to ensure that guests enjoy themselves and are looked after - they made our holiday & we can't wait to get back there! There is literally nothing bad that I could say about this hotel or its staff. Pukka ;)

• Stayed June 2012
Cheshunt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

Sorry folks! second year at Angela's and absolutely loved it. OK so we had to pay for the air con, but hey, we knew it was going to be hot that it why we went. All the staff are great, made our holiday. Dave and Paul, yes are different, but great company, no problem. Jean was lovely, so polite and could not do enough for you. As for George and Nicky, well what can I say, they are just like our family, helpful and funny. We all thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, so much so, that we are already looking at going again next year. I think that says it all. Two weeks of absolute bliss.
Teresa, Allan and Jordan, Bex and Stef (Bingo king).

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

I went to Kos with a group of friends and we booked our holiday via Olympic Holidays (never again! 4 hour delays there and back!!)

We didnt read reviews about where we were staying as it was used only for a place to sleep, we knew we'd spend most of our time out by the beach!

When we arrived, the staff weren't the most welcoming.

The rooms are very basic and stuffy.
We had to hire a fan otherwise it would have been impossible to sleep in.
When you had a shower, the whole room would get wet.
Theyre smaller than shower cubicles at a gym!
We never ate the food they had to offer as we knew better restaurants were just round the corner.
We did use the kitchen to make breakfast, but we found hair on the utensils, food stains and rust.
The view from our room wasnt nice (as you can see from my pictures) below our balcony was were people dumped their rubbish and i think this caused a cockroach to find its way into our room along with a gecko just jamming on the wall!

I didnt understand why other guests would lounge around the pool all day when the beach was literally down the road! it was beautiful!

I know Angela was just meant to be a place for sleep, but seriously, it lacked so much.
I didnt like going back there after a night out, I didnt feel comfortable (especially when people can see into our room from the BBQ 'garden' dirty old englishman!)

Id definitely go back to Kos, Tingaki but not to Angela.

Not impressed at all.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
birmingham uk
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

booked holiday late due to work commitments went to thoma cook and was told hotel was
child friendly.when got to angela late night got into room and found no air con available and
very very hot and kids had to sleep in very hot conditions.
next morning found hotel owned by greek lady and run by two gay lads from england that
have moved there to run the hotel, who where not friendly at all.when asked if air con was available had to pay 45 euro for the week that we were threre and when toilet rolls ran out had to buy my own because they do not supply toilet rolls what hotel does that.when ask if wi-fi was availabe was told they dont have wi-fi then i see customer using wi-fi,pool was out of use after 7.30 PM when you have two kid you try and tell them that.overall holiday good ,island was beauifull many places to see and greek people very helpfull. would not recommend the hotel to any one going to kos,rooms cleaned and towels changed twice in the two weeks we were there and bath room flooded every time you had shower.
what you see in the thomas cook magazine is crap dont go there hotel next door looked a lot better pool a lot bigger and stayed open a lot longer into the night.entertainment was rubbish on the night at the bar area not much for kids to do in the hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Angela Tingaki? Share your experiences!