“Not A Happy Camper!!!” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 66 Restaurants in Cabo Rojo
New Jersey
“Not A Happy Camper!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

Every summer since 2003, when I stay for 3 weeks in Cabo Rojo, I eat at least once a week at Cuesta Blanca. The lobsters are incredible. However this past summer there were changes in the way the food was cooked. In the past, you would go into the kitchen and pick the lobster of your choice. This year I was not able to choose my lobster. I had ordered a grilled lobster and when I got it I thought that the meat was tough and chewy. I did not enjoy it at all. I then noticed that the lobsters were sitting in a rolley cart already cooked. So, I am surmizing the my lobster was place on the grill already cooked and that is why the lobster was leathery. I then asked the waiter why wasn't I allowed to pick my lobster. He really didn't reply and then I immediately followed with, "Was this place sold?" He responded with a "Si." I met the new owner and let him have it. My lobster dinner was around $30. and it really sucked. I will never go back and eat lobster there. It's unfortunate that people buy a restaurant then change things only I guess to save money. I was very disappointed in my meal. Although the fish broth was excellent, I went there for lobster. As a result, I'll only go back if I get a Gustazos coupon and eat at a discount. Eight years of great lobsters has gone done the tubes. They better change their game, because I'm sure others have noticed.

• Visited August 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

PUERTO RICO
“Wonderful hidden treasure”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011 via mobile

The food is really good. The New York Steak and Trio Mofongo was worth every penny. Its a great Sunday family lunch adventure style restaurant. It was a great meal for decent value and a nice adventure to get there.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Great Place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2011 via mobile

Love this place, food is always fresh and you dont have to wait to eat. As soon as you get there they start serving bread, salad and fish soup. Love it....

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
North Wales, Pennsylvania
“When I'm in the PR west coast, this is a must!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2010

Definitely best seafood in the area. Always ask what's fresh and order that. I've eaten the best lobsters and "mofongos" in this restaurant. Affordable, great for groups and families; relaxed atmosphere.

Mayaguez, Puerto Rico
“Best seafood in the Boqueron area.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2010

We have been going to this restaurant for about 20 years, and we love it. If you are in the area and want to eat fresh seafood puertorrican style, this is the place. It is 100% boricua traditional cooking, not a nouvelle cuisine place.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere