This place is paradise. There are bike rentals and great cycling trails. Most trails nearby are medium difficulty. Cycling up to El Faro, the light house, is a must! The views are amazing. However the cliffs are dangerous and people should use good judgment. There is a beautiful beach below the light house, called la playuela. Not too much shade, so get there early if you want to snuggle into a mangrove. The wind is harsh so umbrellas and setting up cabanas may not work so well. Also within driving distance about 30 minutes, I recommend taking Paradise Scuba Snorkeling and Bioluminescent Bay tour in La Parguera. Starts around 3pm, go snorkeling at a couple nearby reefs and mangroves and then a night swim in the bay with algae that glow in the dark. Best time to go is when there is little to no moon.
Also worth a visit is the Bohio Restaurant in Joyuda-- about 20 minute drive--excellent fresh fish and produce! Great view, on the water.
Improvements for the hotel:
There should be a shower at the pool to wash off sand and salt water.
There should be kayaks available for rental....bring your own kayak!
The staff at reception should really know the local tourism information, especially about the bird reserve next door! (hours of the observation tower, museum, bike trails- I had a girl at reception tell me she didn't know if there were bike trails on the bird reserve- we walked over across the street and bike trail clearly marked)
The restaurant has the title meson gastronomic, which means they serve local products ( produce, meat, fish). The fish I ordered was clearly frozen and we got frozen pan asian veggies)
The spa wasn't open when we needed it, so we weren't impressed
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are extremely excited and pleased to announce that Bahia Salinas Resort makeover is almost complete for our long awaited expansion. Of course never to change the friendly and romantic ambiance that all has grown to Love and respect. Your journey may begin by stopping by the new guest reception where you will be warmly greeted. To cool off you might want to stop by the large beachfront bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL and Otel so you can book your Bahia Salinas Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Salinas Beach Resort And Spa
- Bahia Salinas Beach Hotel Cabo Rojo
- Hotel Bahia Salinas Beach
- Bahia Salinas Puerto Rico
- Salinas Beach Hotel Bahia
- Bahia Salinas Hotel