“Good for a romantic getaway....” 4 of 5 stars

You added Bahia Salinas Beach Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Bahia Salinas Beach Resort & Spa
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Carr 301 Km 11, Cabo Rojo 00622, Puerto Rico   |
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Cabo Rojo
“Good for a romantic getaway....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is far from the hectic city life, if you looking for a place to.disconnect yourself, this is the one. Is at the end of the road, a walk away from the lighthouse and one of the most beautiful and secluded beach called playa sucia, the hotel was very pretty, the rooms a little outdated, but did bother because I spend most of the time in the infinite look pool or at the beach. The on site restaurant was good and just a little drive away from town for more eating choices.

• Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

You have to appreciate the location and the natural beauty of being on the farthest SW corner of Puerto Rico, Cabo Rojo. The local beaches are spectacular! Remote, slow-paced and very sleepy in comparison to the two "big sister" cities San Juan and Ponce, this place gets booked-up by local families on the weekends. However, the "resort" rooms are bare-bones - AC, (very slow) WiFi, a mini safe (which is handy considering the cheap door locks, a single-serve coffee brewer and a TV remote control (that you receive upon check-in and must return when you check-out) and an ice bucket (that you have to have refilled at the bar; that's it. Oh, and no phones. Do not stay in the "suites" (located over the restaurant). Even though offered-up as an "upgrade" (they have 2 bedrooms), there is nothing else except a portable card table in the bathroom and 2 dressers. The windows were completely sealed off to fresh air by thick plastic sheeting and the non-working (roll-up) shades hiding a stunning view of the water / bay. We changed to a much smaller "deluxe" room with a balcony and were quite satisfied. Because of it's remote location, you have no choice but to eat at their restaurant and do get meal vouchers for breakfast and dinner with your room charges.

Room Tip: Choose the "deluxe" rooms overlooking the pool. There are only 2, but have a private balco...
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

My fiance and I stayed here for 4 nights. It is a gorgeous property. The pool and lounge area around the pool are fantastic. Our room was very simple, but clean. The restaurant on site has delicious choices although quality of service depends on which waiter you get. Breakfast each morning was a very nice perk. Great food and plenty of coffee and orange juice. Overall a great experience. Playa Sucia and Combate Beach are minutes away and are beautiful beaches!

Arecibo, Puerto Rico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

The place as a very friendly staff which for me is a most in a hotel, the restaurant has great food and nice breakfast, the pool was nice, it is a very quiet resort not to much rooms. It has an spectacular view of the bay, I you don't want the pool you can go to the beach. The one thing I did not like was the room, I was expecting a little more (on their benefit, the one I choose was the cheapest one) I felt like I was in a motel more than a resort, the room was very clean though. I plan to stay again but on a villa which is more private and probably will be nicer. Overall it was very good.

Room Tip: The "Paseo del faro" are the ones that look like a motel, if you want something more roman...
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

My pregnant wife and I wanted a quiet and cozy place to relax in Puerto Rico, and this place was perfect! It's not a huge resort, it has probably about 20 rooms. We flew into San Juan and rented a car and drove to the resort, about a 2.5 hour drive traveling down the central part of the island, landscape during drive is nice. We didn't do the all inclusive option, just the pay as you go for your meals and drinks. The hotel is right on the water (no swimming on the beach at the resort, it's a natural park), but there's one of the most beautiful secluded quiet natural beaches right down the road by the lighthouse (maybe a 10 minute drive from the resort.) You must go to this beach, the sand is very soft, the water is clear and it's not dirty or crowded.
The pool at the resort is really nice, the bar has local beers for a reasonable price and the food at the restaurant was really good. The hot breakfast in the mornings was nice, something different everyday.
The room was nice and had everything we needed.
My wife tried the spa for a massage and said it was just ok).
This resort is close to a couple towns you can drive to if you need suntan lotion, drinks for the beach, or somewhere else to eat dinner (we like to explore when we travel).

We REALLY enjoyed our stay here and are looking forward to returning!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

We loved the Bahia Salinas and that corner of Puerto Rico in general. I can't say enough positive things about the staff - they were wonderful and welcoming (and humored me practicing my Spanish). Oswaldo (Ozzy) was particularly gracious when our dinner plans were interrupted one night. The cleaning staff is good and friendly. The setting is so beautiful (the pictures on tripadvisor are accurate and there are good guest videos on youtube). Yes, you can smell low tide sometimes - that is the difference between being in a sterile overdeveloped resort and being out in nature. The rooms are not very big but you will want to be spending your time outside in all the romantic sitting areas anyway. We were there when the resort was full but it didn't feel crowded and we never had to worry about reserving an ideal spot to relax by the pool or the water because there was always one available. Bring your own towels to take to the beach and visit Maria's bakery in town for out of this world empanadas. The food in the restaurant is delicious, I particularly loved the ceviche, skirt steak, and whole fried local snapper (it's not fast food, order early, relax and look out at the bay, and be patient). We were worried that staff and guests might not be too happy that we were travelling with our baby, but we found the opposite was true - everybody seemed happy to come smile and play with him. It is a quiet, rural, and breathtakingly beautiful place. My one recommendation for the resort would be to put bug screens on the windows so they can be left open at night (and the AC left off) and, increase the number of windows on the rooms during any future renovations. My one small complaint was that on Thursday night there was karaoke that was loud and could be heard inside our room.

We rarely visit the same place twice because we love to explore new places, but we hope to return to the Bahia Salinas.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Galloway, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

We ate here after visting the lighthouse and the beach. We were tired and sunburned but since I read good reviews on here ahead of time, I really wanted to check this place out. I am not at all dissapointed that we did. It was a very great experience for lunch. I loved the eggplant that ordered. It was recommended by someone else on here and I'm so glad I ordered it. My husband ordered the Monfongo and loved it. The view from our table was truly breathtaking. One thing I didn't like was that when we ordered water we were given bottles and were charged for them but later we noticed another table with glasses of water. Other than that it was a great lunch.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Bahia Salinas Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!