“OK room but beautiful location and great amenities” 4 of 5 stars

Bahia Salinas Beach Resort & Spa
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Carr 301 Km 11, Cabo Rojo 00622, Puerto Rico   |
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Cabo Rojo
Seattle, Washington
“OK room but beautiful location and great amenities”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

We rolled in for a 1-night stay after going to Playa Sucia and got a room for $128 (tax included) that came with breakfast. The room (#102, corner, second floor) was small and standard motel quality but the bathroom was modern and clean- not the type of luxury room you'd want to spend a lot of time in. The hotel grounds however was immaculate and luxurious. The breakfast was the best I've had in all of the breakfast-included hotel stays in Puerto Rico. It was real food with eggs, ham, potatoes, waffles and fresh fruit and it was all-you-can-eat.

The hotel does have a small beach but we never saw anyone swimming while we were there. A few steps into the water explained why - the bottom is fine mud into which your feet will sink. Of course, the awesome Playa Sucia is just 5 minutes away so why bother swimming here?

Parking was free and staff was ok. I didn't care for the wristband but understand it's standard resort procedure. We at dinner at the restaurant and it not bad either. Overall a very pleasant stay, a good deal for the price, and I'd definitely stay here again for more than 1 night.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I just stayed as "drop in" guest at Bahia Salinas.... Lovely, VERY quiet place...room was small, but very clean (pillows were awful ;-) ). A nice place to relax and breath... I would recommend NOT taking the inclusive dinner option ...which I unfortunately chose...because the only restaurant for dinner is at the resort and the inclusive options were not so great. It appears that the rest of the menu had better options, for similar pricing. Lovely, off the beaten path, place...
Oh, the staff did mention that they are "really busy" in the summer months with locals vacationing...

Room Tip: We were in room 104 and it seemed sort of dark and small. I think the rooms with the sitting areas o...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here with my husband and our seven year-old daughter this past July and we loved it. The rooms were small but cozy and had the basics. The pool was clean and ample with an awesome view, absolutely gorgeous. We will return in December and definitely recommend it. The food was delicious specially the breakfast buffet. Staff was very attentive and prompt to assist us in all of our requests. This is a place to relax so if looking to party go somewhere else! Will post pictures!

• Stayed July 2012
Caguas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

A little pricey parador located on the Southwesternmost tip of Puerto Rico (Cabo Rojo) near an abandoned lighthouse and a gorgeous beach (Playa Sucia). Hotel in the middle of a mangrove. Plenty of mosquitoes. Must bring insect repellent. The infinity pool is beautiful with an excellent view of the sunset. The standard room is small, beautiful and clean. No nightlife at the hotel. restaurant "Con el agua al cuello" is nice. Food was not impressive. Friendly service throught out the hotel, except at the reception. They have the worst service that I seen in a hotel reception. Prefer to pay attention to their mobile than to provide our keys at the check in. The same experience at the check out.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Bahia_Salinas, Front Desk Clerk at Bahia Salinas Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
We are happy that you visit us. We will like to explain and let you know that we have a staff that often gives us support in the area of the front desk who works in the area of customer service through our websites where most of the time working with the cellular response reservations and e-mails that the customer who write us with any questions you have. We apologize if this situation was uncomfortable or gave you the wrong impression during your stay in our Parador. Once again thank you for staying with us and we look forward to serve you again.
Utica, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I'm from frosty upstate NY and when my wife and I decided to go I had just had heart surgery at the tender age of 25. I needed to relax and just enjoy what god graced me with and that was life!! The sunsets there are something I'd love to close my eyes to for a final time, the service was great especially are server and bartender Carlos (probably a common name) he was not only helpful, but seemed to be genuinely interested in learning about his customers! I have promised myself I will be back, the resort owes my wife and I a massage, but that was only because the lady came down sick and I'm thankful they didn't just throw any person in there to rake on my back!! I have many pictures on my Facebook page and many jealousy friends!!

• Stayed December 2011
Cidra, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Only a sea sound, relaxing place. Very good meal. Excellent service. Infinity pool. Pool for kid. Free parking. Close to one of the most beatiful beaches, Playa Sucia, we have good vacation. Good hotel for the money.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Mayaguez, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We went to the Spa and Gladys treated us like royalty!! She was great!! We had the hydrotherapy treatment, it's like swimming in the Dead Sea. The salt waters are healing and therapeutic, it was wonderful from my body, mind and soul; I felt so light afterwards. This place is beautiful, perfect for couples to relax, away from the stress of the city. If you are new to this are make sure to check places to visit, local restaurants, museums, parks, etc. because there is not much around the hotel. The Lighthouse is nearby and the National Wildlife Refuge, truly beautiful places that you must visit too!! Don't forget the OFF! because there are lots of bugs after 5. This place is very romantic and a real paradise for couple, if you have kids they have two pools (one is an infinity) but honestly this place is for people that want to run away from the stress of work and kids LOL.

Room Tip: Don't forget to visit the Spa, Gladys will make sure you feel like Kings and Queens :)
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Bahia Salinas Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!