“Captain Pochy is the best!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Light Tackle Adventure Tarpon Fishing

Light Tackle Adventure Tarpon Fishing
carr.#101 Boqueron Bay | The ramp near the club Nautico in Boqueron, Cabo Rojo 00633, Puerto Rico
787-547-7380
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 9 attractions in Cabo Rojo
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Boqueron Bay in Cabo Rojo West Coast of Puerto Rico Fishing Information for anglers the island of Puerto Rico is located just a short 3 to 4 hour flight from any major city on the East coast of the United States. Unknown to many, Puerto Rico offers some of the most sensational fly fishing and light tackle opportunities in the Caribbean. The West coast waters offer to any angler a fishing paradise .The area is home to a significant population of year-round resident tarpon. Plenty of larger fish also ply the regions bays, lagoon and estuaries throughout the year. The big Tarpon are present, presumably to take advantage of the warmer waters and plentiful forage.I had the good fortune to call the flats and bays my office for work . Cabo Rojo is a magnificent area to cast a streamer in front of hungry tarpon. I was presented with the options of casting to schools of feeding fish over vast shallow flats, working amongst entangled mangroves to pocket pools & tiny creeks with single fish, and working the magic of the river.
Steamboat Springs, Colorado, United States
“Captain Pochy is the best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

My girlfriend and I went to Puerto Rico for a wedding. We wanted to fish and were very lucky to find Light Tackle Adventures and Captain Pochy! We are amateur anglers but you wouldn't know it from the photos. If you want to make all your friends jealous, go fishing with Pochy! We caught a number of species of fish, including three monster Tarpon! Captain Pochy truly cares about your experience and shares his wealth of knowledge of the area. We had so much fun we went a second day on our five day trip to the island. We can't thank Pochy enough for this amazing experience, we will remember it always. See ya in five years Captain!

Visited May 2013
tarponhombre, Owner at Light Tackle Adventure Tarpon Fishing, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Always is a pleasure.

Guaynabo, Puerto Rico
“Best fishing guide in PR , period !!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Great guide , cares about his clients. Plenty of tarpon and other marine species. Highly recomended !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Visited October 2012
Los Angeles, California
“Great Day in Puerto Rico”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

After a disappointing outing with another charter on the island of Puerto Rico, I decided to head west and visit Captain Pochy.

On Oct. 19th, 2012 the captain and I hit a number of spots for some great action. The Captain is professional and knowledgeable. During the morning out on the water, we hooked up with five Tarpon at the same time! I cranked in a number of species including Jacks, Mangrove Snapper, Mutton Snapper, Ladyfish and of course Tarpon! There is no doubt, I will be back.

Visited October 2012
tarponhombre, Owner at Light Tackle Adventure Tarpon Fishing, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Hi Shaun all ways is pleasure take people fishing and have a great time.
Riverview, Florida, United States
“Tarpon! An experience of a life time.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

I've tried to catch a Tarpon (Sabalo) for over five years and in just one day Capt. Franciso "Pochy" Rosario helped me land five (10lbs, 30lbs, 40lbs, 50lbs and 80lbs); one for each year. He's knowledge and experience put me on the fish quickly, giving me nonstop action all day. Also caught a few Jack Crevalle (Jurel) and Capt Pochy took me to his secret spot to catch a Snook (Robalo in Spanish) to complete my Gran Slam (catching three species of sport fish in one day). He did all he could do to make it happen, but it wasn't in the cards. I can't wait to return and fish with Capt Pochy again. He made it an experience of a life time.

Visited July 2011
“Captain Pochy is fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011 via mobile

Head out with and catch yourself some big tarpon. You'll love it..