The Rock-Water Resort on Secret Cove on the Sunshine Coast is a designer dream mini-resort on a natural idyllic bay. It was fashioned out of an old resort originally known as Lord Jims , and now boasts not only the refurbished original cabins (with natty furnishings) , but also state-of-the-design-art tent suites on high bank waterfront overlooking the Strait of Georgia. I couldnt book a tent-suite , as a wedding party was in residence when I stayed , but a friend of mine has stayed in one , and pronounces them 'amazing'....high praise indeed from someone not easily impressed.
The grounds are picture postcard with well tended gardens , and the waterfront rockpools and driftwood piles offer plenty of 'Kodak moments'. The staff are pleasant , well-trained and efficient. There are also Spa services offered on-site.
The slight downside I found during my stay , was that the resturant food , although made from good quality ingredients , was rather bland , and lacking in imagination. The list of wines by the glass , although extensive , relied on crowd-pleasers rather than being the showcase for BC wines that I had expected, and the extensive wine bottle-list too showed some strange idiosyncrasies.....for example , the $100-200 per bottle wines did not show a vintage date , whilst a much cheaper New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc did?
This is a destination mini-resort with no other attractions within walking distance...and if your intent is a quiet romantic weekend in a beautiful location , you cant go far wrong....but if you dont come in the warmer summer months , make sure you bring some warm clothes , as the cool winds blow in from the Strait. I didnt use the Spa , but it has a good reputation with people I spoke to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rockwater Secret Cove Resort is the Sunshine Coast's Premier 4 star year round resort, featuring 38 ocean front rooms, suites, tenthouse suites and cabins. The resort features a restaurant, lounge, and seasonal outdoor swimming pool. Ideal resort for getaway, corporate retreats and weddings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Rockwater Secret Cove Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rockwater Secret Cove Hotel Halfmoon Bay
- Hotel Rockwater Secret Cove
- Rockwater Secret Cove Resort Canada/Halfmoon Bay, Sunshine Coast