“Interesting place.” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Chilliwack
“Interesting place.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

We had a birthday at the Upper Deck. It was a beautiful summer evening and a great time for being out on the deck. We were greeted and seated immediately. We had drinks, then ordered the chipotle prawns as the appetizer. Our meals came in a perfect amount of time after. Bob had the east cost scallops with rice, while I had the shrimp and spinach linguine with sambucca cream sauce. Our food was wonderful and we opted not to have dessert. Everything was wonderful, my only comment is that I had been looking forward to a selection of local seafood which there wasn't an abundance of. The local clam dinner was not available. The halibut, however, looked awesome, but we had just had halibut for lunch. Yes, a great place for dinner, local fare would be nice.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Garden Bay, Canada
“Always Good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

We always look forward to the summer when we can go and relax, have a great meal and a glass of wine.

Visited May 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely location & excellent service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I really wanted to try this restaurant before I left the Sunshine Coast. I'm a sucker for marinas and restaurants looking out over the water (and boats). The fact that this was a floating one also appealed. The dining room was charming, the views great and the service superb. My dish of prawn and chorizo jambalaya was slightly disappointing (the cheese a bit de trop? the rice a bit dry?) but my minor disappointment might better be put down to my stomach deciding after a few mouthfuls that this wasn't really the dish I was in the mood for. Chef came out herself to ask if I enjoyed the meal - nice touch and very genuine. Will certainly return when next on the Coast.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Victoria, Canada
“Flawless”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

This was one of those meals I'll never forget. If you're visiting the Sunshine Coast and are looking for a high end meal the Upper Deck is an absolute must. Nothing else on the coast comes even close to the amazing dinner experience they offer. The scallops were the best I've ever had, melt in your mouth delicious. We also tried the coffee crusted pork tenderloin it was outstanding. Great choices for wine and with a setting like this you'll want to stay and have a few glasses. And for dessert the banana flambé was the most enjoyable dessert in my recent memory. We came on a fairly busy night yet the staff made us feel like we were the only ones there, they were very friendly and easy-going something that really impressed me in a fine-dining establishment. This place is now a must for me whenever I find myself back on the Sunshine Coast.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, Canada
“Dinner on the deck with a view towards the sunset”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Excellent seafood, especially the halibut, but delicious lamb shank for the meat eater. Good choice of wines, especially bc wines. Warm throws to counteract the September evening coolness. Reasonable prices

Visited September 2013