“Peaceful” 4 of 5 stars

Gili Air | Behind Manta Dive and Sunrise, West Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia   |
Singapore, Singapore
“Peaceful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Simple, peaceful & accomodating. We had a relaxing time here and exactly what we needed from our hectic daily lives back home! It's not a beachfront property but the walk from the beach to the property is atmospheric and get to experience it like locals. It is rustic and fuss-free.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Indonesian first
Bali
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I love Gili Air, first time went to Lombok and first time stayed in Omah Gili. Amazing place, very quite, clean and love all the people here. The owner very friendly and I like the hospitality. I slept at Gladak rooms. Missing Omah Gili already, for sure I'll be back here and do little things to do snorkeling or dive. See youu soon Omah Gili.
With Love, Novita

• Stayed April 2012
Denpasar, Bali, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I've been there together with my friends and fiancee, the first impression is the unique building and after get in it very spacious room you get with spacious bahroom as well, shower good, clean and calm place .. Very good choose to escape from your routine, the breakfast good they bring it to each room as they asking first what we want from the selection foods. Not so far from the beach and the owner is very nice person, helpfull .. If you go to Gili Air this Omah Gili is the best place to stay ;) love it .. We all very satisfied there ..

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Frankfurt, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

My requirements to find a house is nice and calm neighborhood, easy acsess to market or restaurant so I can easly buy my extra food and drink , not far from clinic so if I dont have medicine while im sick I could easly walk to the clinic, I have to find a house that have facilities that espouse my day such as nice room, pool, tree, hot water, nice bed, aircon, electricity, internet, phone, etc.
So when I traveled to gili, I find all my requirements in Omah Gili, the road in front of Omah Gili mybe a bit small, but I find it no problem with that, less than 5 minutes I reach the beach, the bar with chill out music, cafe, small market, so at night when I go back to my room I found my self in perfect solitude. Woke up in the morning they provide not to bad breakfast, and you have to try the omelete.
The owner is also a diving istructor, so if you want to make a diving license, or just a discovery diving trip, you just simply ask.
With hospitality, and warmth that comes from Omah Gili, I have to say that I find a home at Gili.

Room Tip: Lumbung room, lot of space, enough for 6 people, nice outdoor bath room, perfect for couple.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

the best think its find your quality of life at omah gili. And fell like home. The pool its great, lumbung room its perfect room best i ever see at gili air. And the owner its diver, you can meet with the owner and talk about dive.. im happy and get my quality life at omah gili. try it and feel it, get the feel at home there

• Stayed February 2013
Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Omah Gili has a good location where all of your need will be accomodated by this hotel. They give great service from their staffs, rooms, and ambiance.

Even this is my solo trip, but with it's easily to me to find the place where i would spent my trip. It's close with Bars, Restaurants, Sea!

Really recomended place!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Cork, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We stayed here for 11 nights and really liked it. They have excellent cottages with lovely friendly smiley staff. Nur the manager sets the chilled out tone of Gili perfectly – she is probably the most relaxed quietly spoken person we met in Indonesia.

The breakfast choice is small but the food is still very good. Great omlettes. We stayed in the more basic rooms but they have good air con. The usual poor standard of carpentry in South-East Asia applies with plenty gaps and holes for mosquitos to climb through but we didn’t get bitten very much.

The outside toilets are actually really cool – my only gripe being wooden hinged doors out to the bathroom that screech when you open them, guaranteed to wake your better half up if you visit the toilet during the night.

The pool is tiny and we didn’t use it because it’s just a few yards from a beautiful 29C ocean.

Other minor irritants took us a while to get used to. The 4.30am Call to Prayer is really loud and usually accompanied by squawking roosters so wax earplugs are compulsory if you’re not a heavy sleeper. After two or three nights we were able to sleep through it though and you shouldn’t let it put you off staying here.

If you arrive by boat get a horse and cart to bring you to D’omah as it can be really hot walking through the village.

Bring or buy a torch as the island is poorly lit in places and you’re bound to bash your toe off random solid objects without one.

Room Tip: Bring wax ear plugs if you're not a heavy sleeper. The roosters can get up on to the step of you...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Omah Gili Accomodation? Share your experiences!