“So upset by promises but turn up and had nothing!!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Karang Divers

Karang Divers
Turn left at the dock, walk five minutes | Villa Karang, West Nusa Tenggara 83352, Indonesia
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 15 Attractions in Gili Air
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a boutique dive shop on the lovely relaxed island of Gili Air, Indonesia. We pride ourselves on customer service. Our tours and courses are run with a maximum of four people so that we can keep our service personal, friendly and fun.Dante and Alex will be your instructors and they offer a complete range of Padi courses, they can take you from non-divers right up to professional rank of Divemaster. Gili Air offers a huge variety of dive sites, great reefs, drift dives, deep sites where we get to look for sharks and rays. Come along and enjoy some great diving, great training in a friendly atmosphere
London
“So upset by promises but turn up and had nothing!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Made a booking online to dive with this dive organisation, but when i turned up i found out they had been closed down, I arrived with my family and was told no diving is possible with them, so i had 4 divers and one holiday and no where to go diving. Thankfully i dived with another shop and they could accomadate all of are diving needs. Thank you to KARANG divers for being closed down, so that i could have an amazing dive holiday with another shop.!!!

It is closed down do not maek any booking with them!!!!!

Visited August 2012
KarangDivers, Manager at Karang Divers, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Hi there,

Alex and I (Dante) are really sorry that there was no one at the Karang Divers shop.

We stopped working for the shop at the end of August. (we were managers, not owners of the shop).

We did expect the dive shop to continue, however we know that the hotel is going through a very difficult time and they may not have been able to keep the shop open.

There are lots of great dive shops on Gili Air so we are glad that you managed to enjoy your time there.

I am sure that Karang Divers will re-open again very soon.

Sorry again,

Dante and Alex

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Superb First Class Instruction for a Complete Beginner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

I did the Discover Scuba 3-hour session and the whole experience far exceeded my expectations. The guys that run this diving school are super friendly, great fun and they really look out for you! I was the only one booked on for the afternoon so it was a private one to one session with Alex who was absolutely first class and made you feel at ease immediately in the pool and throughout the dive at sea. The sea dive was awesome - 45 minutes in one go, averaging about 10-12m depth which seemed pretty cool for your first trip... they really tailor the dive for how comfortable the individual is.... I only wish I had time to stay and do the 3-day PADI Open Water course! Highly recommended - you will not be disappointed.

Brisbane
“Great Diving”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

We chose Karang Divers because they were close by and a small operation. Alex guided us on 6 drift dives and we encountered a good variety of marine life and lots of 'small stuff' which was unique. The dive centre is professionally run and the equipment well maintained. I can recommend their service and would go back.

Stockholm, Sweden
“Absolutely awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

I first came to Gili Air planning to stay for two days, these guys ruined my plans... grande. I ended up staying for 2 weeks and doing fun dives and my advanced course with Karang.
Had an absolute blast and all the instructors were so nice! Should probably mention Steven who I did most my dives with, a true enthusiast and a really great dive instructor! Of course that goes for all of them, I'm sincerely glad I found this little jewel!

I was hooked on diving before I got there, now I'm addicted!

Barcelona, Spain
“Excelent profesionals”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

I strongly recomend this Dive center, their personal are profesionals, nice, fun, and always smiling. It was a pleasure to dive with them.

Visited August 2012
KarangDivers, Manager at Karang Divers, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Hey there Christian,

A big thank you from the team at Karang Divers...

Lets be honest, you are such an accomplished diver, it was no work whatsoever spending time with you underwater, and as for us always smiling, its impossible not to, when diving around the Gili islands! :)

All three of our instructors love their jobs, and being with you on the boat was a pleasure :)

Many thanks for choosing our centre over the others,

Alex @ Karang Divers