“A great place to stay and dive!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 14 attractions in Gili Air
Type: Educational Sites
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Oceans 5 is a PADI dive shop located in the harbor of Gili Air. We offer dives and dive courses on more than 20 different reefs. Gili Air is a tropical island surrounded by colourful reefs and an immense marine biodiversity including sharks, turtles, rays, seahorses, etc. We teach in Dutch, English, German, French and Italian.
Bali, Indonesia
“A great place to stay and dive!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

A stayed for several days at Oceans 5 to complete my PADI open water course. I loved every moment of it. The people I met where very friendly and great to hang out with. At the moment I am traveling on my own, therefore I felt really welcome and they really tried to involve me in the group.
The diving was amazing, it was for me my first diving experience but I felt really safe and comfortable. The vision was around 20 meters during almost all my dives. I got to see sea turtles, scorpion fishes, stingrays, loads of beautiful or strange fishes and we even spotted a shark! The classes are given in small groups and the instructors are very friendly and professional.
If I could I would definitely come back and I would recommend this place to anybody who is looking for a relaxing and friendly place to stay or dive!

Visited March 2013

Perth, Australia
“Chilled out great bunch of guys.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I didn't stay at Oceans 5 but was the first place we stopped for a drink after stepping of the boat. Straight away were greeted by Julie top bloke beautiful smile. My boyfriend was thinking on doing his open water, I already done mine so was looking maybe to do a dive. We got chatting to one of the dive instructors and he was pretty cool and straight up and honest as we were out of season. Anyway after chatting they advised we should maybe do a introduction dive for my boyfriend see how he liked it and I could go on that dive also so I could dive with my boyfriend. I thought this was a pretty good idea and the level of attention we recieved was amazing.

My boyfriend carried on and done his open water. All the staff were amazing and I was able to hang out at the dive centre chatting with everyone and on our last night we all went for dinner and drinks. Really cool bunch of guys, the island was quite quiet as it was out of season so it was pretty cool that we could hang out here. Would definately recommend them to anyone planning a dive here. They are really efficient and thourgh in their training, the groups are small. Visibitly was not the best but that was only due to the wrong time of year we still managed to see turtles and an aray of other amazing fish.

Julie that works in the bar is just adorable and fun to sit and chat with. Well they all did. Ginni was just lovely, ha ha Zander ( the owner) is a quirky dude and lots of fun. They were all cool in their own ways. They even waved us off when we left felt like we were leaving a family behind and we were only there for 8 days lol...... A small slice of paradise would stay with them the next time we manage to get back.

Helsinki, Finland
8 attraction reviews
“Love to dive and stay at oceans 5”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

This was our second trip to Gili Air with our return specifically to dive with Oceans 5 again. The rooms are beautiful but admitedly there are many beautiful spots to stay on the island, it is the dive set up and conservation principles that really make the place. We have completed our OW, AOW, Notrox and now rescue diver with Oceans 5 and during these have had the pleasure to be taught by all of the principle instructors. The instructors are all great and fun people but most importantly very experienced and proffesional, we always felt very safe and comfortable while diving and able to voice any concerns regarding our own abilities of any required skills without feeling like a problem student. Another great thing about Oceans 5 is that they have an eye to the future with their training of local staff, reef/turtle conservation and also their rubbish clean up dives, all of these things as well as the world class set up and high standard of equipment made Oceans 5 our choice of place to complete our dive courses. A big thank you to all the friendly staff at Oceans 5

Visited February 2013
San Francisco, California
“Mediocre dive operator”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Staff was curt and didn't make me feel as safe and well looked after as I would have liked. Diving around Air is only 'ok' with only 10m visibility and unhealthy corals - Amed is 100 times better (at least in December/January)

Australia
3 attraction reviews
“Introductory diving for kids”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

My sons, aged 13 and 15 had their first diving experience with Oceans 5, doing the Introductory Course. Our youngest son has a history of very minor asthma, which can present a significant risk for diving. Marcel (Kiwi) and Yury (Belgium - not sure of spelling) were so thorough, careful, patient and professional with our boys in a 2 to 2 lesson, that we felt totally confident and comfortable with their mentorship and left them to it. Despite somewhat cloudy waters due to the weather, the boys had a great time and are keen to do it again. I was very impressed with the professionalism provided by Oceans 5 and Marcel and Yury were ripping good blokes too. Well done fellas.