“best dive centre ever” 5 of 5 stars

+62 813 3877 7144
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: PADI 5 star IDC Dive Resort Oceans 5 Gili Air is located in the harbor of Gili Air. Oceans 5 is the only PADI Career Development Center at Gili Air and the only DDI (Disabled Divers International) Instructor Training Center in Indonesia. Oceans 5 teaches in small groups, 4 persons max with one instructor. Oceans 5 has the everything what a diver wants..... Come and join us for some dives!
london
“best dive centre ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

The owners of this dive centre considered everything when they created the centre and as a result it is by far the best Dive centre I have seen. The facilities are second to none and the equipment extremely well maintained safe. The staff are all well trained, friendly and most importantly, safe. The instructors are great and the location is perfect. Everyone at the centre is environmentally aware and the centre is ahead of it's field in pro-actively leading various initiatives such a beach clean ups and the turtle project. I would wholeheartedly recommend Oceans 5 above any other dive resort.

Visited June 2012

• Indonesian first
New York City, New York
“Awesome People great dives”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

We me the owner Mark just walking past and ended up going diving with the company. They have top of the line equipment and everyone was really friendly. I would definitely dive with them again.

danny

Visited July 2012
Collegeville, Pennsylvania
3 attraction reviews
“fantastic dive operation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

We are experienced divers and made 10 dives wtih Oceans 5 in June. Simone greated us within an hour of arriving at the facility and she explained the dive schedule. The decision on whether to sign-up for a dive is very informal and they boat goes out even if there is only 2 customers. Oceans 5 sets-up the gear and carries the gear to the boat so it was very relaxed and unhurried. There is water on board so there is not need to carry anything except personal stuff (ie sunscreen, sunglasses). Diving off the boat is done by a back roll. There is no more than 4 people divers per guide. They try to group people by dive experience but sometime you will get mismatched dive experience or air consumption. Boarding back on the boat is done by taking off the gear and the crew will hoist it up. All surface intervals are at shore at the dive shop. The views topside are fantastic everywhere so the boat ride (max. 20 minutes) is just as enjoyable. We highly recommend the muck-dive (shore dive) right in front of Ocean 5. We saw the most interesting creatures.

We also stayed at the Ocean 5 standard bunalow. It is kept very clean. While there is no hot water in the standard bungalow, there is really no need for it given the hot weather. We also did not miss having a TV. The A/C comes in handy at night allowing the guests to comfortably sleep. There is Wi-Fi for free and it worked fine even in the standard bugalow area, which was further from the dive shop. The island has an interesting mix of locals, expats, and tourist. I really enjoyed people watching and the unique atmosphere. I would recommend this dive operation for anybodying wanting to dive Gili Air.

Visited June 2012
Perth, Australia
3 attraction reviews
“Life changing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

Oceans 5
I first came to Gili Air with no intention of diving, I did not know that the Gili’s were famous for diving, and I had never really thought about diving before. A friend introduced me to a Dive Instructor named Phil, and after a short discussion with Phil I had an urge to get submerged. So the next day I went to Oceans 5 and met up with Phil again and we did a little bit of theory and then got comfortable with our equipment in the pool. The equipment at Oceans 5 is very well maintained, and the custom designed pool was the perfect place to build confidence in both my ability, and the equipment. So before long we were in the boat out to dive for the first time, and I assumed that it would also be my last time, being that until this point I had never really had an interest in diving…. How wrong I was! The underwater world was absolutely amazing. Diver Phil proved to be an excellent instructor, and I could not help but return again the next day for another dive. The 2nd dive was even better than the first, and again I was back the next day for another dive. The staff at Oceans 5 were very fun, incredibly meticulous about safety and also conservation of the underwater world, and were very welcoming. Unfortunately my holiday was ending and I thought that “maybe one day” I would return to this paradise. As things would have it, in about 6 weeks I was back there again, this time with the intention to complete my Padi Open Water course. Diver Phil and I had a great time during this course, and I immediately followed up with the Advanced Open Water course, then Nitrox and before long I was a Padi Rescue Diver. I took more time off work to chase the feeling that became stronger and stronger inside me, a feeling that made me need to dive everyday, sometimes 4 times in a day. The lure of the Ocean and her charms had a firm grip on me, and before long I was enrolled in the Divemaster Internship, set to become a professional in the dive industry. I got to help out with new Open Water Students that were experiencing the same things that I had only months earlier, I was watching people enter the water with fear in their eyes, and exit with the biggest smile on their face. Soon the time came that I had passed my internship, I had accumulated almost 100 dives (98 to be exact so far), and my personal boundaries had been so widely broadened that I can hardly remember what life was like before diving. I have made some great friendships with some truly fantastic people. I have seen peoples lives transformed in the space of a few days, and I’ve grown strong bonds with these people. I now have friends all over the world, and they are all special to me. I would recommend to anyone, young or old, fit or overweight, even if you have difficult boundaries in your life such as a handicap or depression, none of these things prevent you from becoming a diver. And when you are a diver, you will see your life in a new way… life before diving and life after diving.
My story could probably have happened at any Dive Resort, I could not say for sure. What I can say is that Oceans 5 has it all… Excellent Instructors, top quality equipment, friendly and helpful boat crews, full resort facilities and 30* water. For me however the best thing about Oceans 5, which is rare if not unique, is the atmosphere there. It’s somehow a blend of relaxing, exciting, friendly, fun, safe and brotherly. Yes I know brotherly sounds a bit odd, but for me, it feels like that kind of a relationship. Although I will not be able to visit there again for a while, my memories from this Dive Centre and this Island will stay with me and keep me glowing until I return. Thankyou Oceans 5 for changing my life!

Visited May 2012
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
6 attraction reviews
“Thanks for my great first dive!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

Very professional, convenient, reassuring diving lessons & very friendly owners and staff. And above all what an amazing dive spots!!

Visited May 2012