“Friendly diving school and a nice hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Manta Dive Gili Air Resort
87 Jalan Koperasi | Ampenan, West Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia   |
Ranked #1 of 7 hotels in Gili Air
London, England, United Kingdom
“Friendly diving school and a nice hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

We came to Gili Air to get our diving certification and the guys at the Manta Dive were great. We had Nele as an instructor, and she was obviously very experienced, as well as friendly and reassuring - the perfect combination for beginners like us to help us enjoy our first dives. (Thanks Nele! :)

Adjacent hotel is very nice too, with AC rooms and safe boxes. It's located right on the main strip, very close to the nicer restaurants we found (Chiil Out is good).

-Boris & Khadija

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

380 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Indonesian first
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

I booked thru agobe.com because I could not find "The Waterfront Hotel" thru TripAdvisor but owner says these are the same. This is confusing. They also do not use autoreply to email so you will have to wait to see if you get a response. I did get a response within the 24 hr period but was unsure if they got my request so I booked at agobe.com. overall I loved this place and can't think of a thing to change. Very beautiful design and the people who work there are top notch. I would add coconut to the menu. This is all the health rage and they can be locally sourced. Breakfast options were plenty and they made mine special (only wanted fruit).

Thanks again for an unforgettable trip to Gili Air.

Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

A friend and I just stayed for a week in Gili Air and had a fantastic stay at Manta Dive. The rooms were very clean and spacious.

Diving and all the courses were great fun with the crew. Special thanks to Nick who was very patient with us. We really had a lovely time and I would definitely go back.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

We stayed in Manta for 6 nights and loved every day. We extended our stay from 1 to 6 nights and still found it really hard to leave. The rooms are simple but very clean and comfortable. The shower was great with hot water and the internet was fast. We ate at the beachfront restaurant a few times and the food was always fantastic. All the staff were highly professional and the service was excellent.
This is the perfect place to stay at if you want to do your open water course. Anna ( our dive instructor) were fantastic!!! Very calm, professional and great fun to dive with. We felt really safe througout our dives and she pointed out some very small creatures that we would have definately missed if it wasn't for her. We highly recommend, staying and diving at Manta.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

So I recently learned how to dive, in the cold California Pacific and decided to try out my new hobby on a vacation. Manta Dive -Gili Air was perfect. I stayed in both the bungalows and rooms - both were very cool. Even though the island is really small, staying right on site was perfect. Roll out of bed, grab some food and you're ready for the 8:30 dive briefing.

I enjoyed the diving so much - I ended up signing up and doing the advance course - after I realized I wanted to do deep dives and the night dives. I'm really glad I did! It was totally worth it, the instructors were awesome and it made, for what I think, some very cool dives.

I can't say enough about the instructors, dive masters, and staff. They were all AMAZING and really make it a very special place. I was lucky enough to dive with three different instructors and a dive master and each one brought something different to the dive. I stayed for a week and went on nine dives and I think I dove in 8 different locations. - Very cool!

I enjoyed the the dives, rooms, and the people so much I extended my stay twice!

Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Jakarta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I took references from Tripadvisors and I decided to stay there for one night only. Thanks to all reviewers, I like it so much. It is a small resort (I would prefer call it as "4 stars B&B), managed by foreigner (most likely Australian), very clean, very convenient, staffs are friendly helpful.

It's not suitable for family with kids, though... but it's highly recommended for couples...

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Karlsruhe, Baden-Württemberg, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

Spent 5 days at the Manta Dive Air! When arriving I wasn't sure if I wanted to do the Open Water Diver. Now thinking about it, I can't imaging doing it anywhere else! Guys there were great! Rob Ladd: Best instructor ever! It was so easy to learn from him. Language was no problem at all even doing the course in a foreign language.

We also stayed at the hotel and you really do have anything you need. It is clean and the shower outside was special! Two thumbs up for Manta Dive Air and their crew!

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Manta Dive Gili Air Resort? Share your experiences!