“Fabulous Diving in the cutest huts” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Manta Dive Gili Trawangan

You added Manta Dive Gili Trawangan to your Saves list
Manta Dive Gili Trawangan
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   Jl. Koperasi 87 | Ampenan, West Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia   |
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Gili Air
Bristol
“Fabulous Diving in the cutest huts”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

We Booked here as the last five days of our honeymoon. When we arrived everyone was really friendly and our bed was beautifully decorated with local flowers. We got a great deal direct with them that meant if we did five or more dives with them we got discounts off food, our hut and our dives.

The people who run it were really friendly and really cared about the environment. The diving was great too and really close so you can fit in lots of dives. We also popped over to Gili T for the day and the Manta people on that island let us borrow a locker for the day so we could go snorkelling. I wouldn't bother going to Gili T though it wasn't a patch on Gili Air, we wish we'd given Gili Meno a go instead.

The snorkelling was good on Gili Air too and Manta's located well for this too. We walked up the beach early in the morning, swam out and then drifted down to the sandy bit further down. We saw loads of stuff just snorkelling (Turtles, trigger fish, box fish, sweetlips, moray eel).

The food was good at the Manta place and very reasonable. There was a good money exchange place next door too if you have left over bits of currency.

I would recommend booking before you go especially if you want one of the huts because they get booked up early. We met a nice couple that were staying in the garden room for their first night and then a hut for their next 7 nights and they said they were nice and clean just had less character.

Room Tip: The Huts are the best and if you are a light sleeper don't have one by the pool.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Indonesian first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Enjoyed my dive with Manta dive. They were professional and organized. If I had stayed longer, I would have did more dives with them. Their equipment was good and safety standards are also good. Would be a shop I would consider for doing a course as I enjoyed the dive team.
Also dove with Blue Marlin but Manta dive was better and more organized (check my review there)

Recommended overall!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
La Rochelle, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Just finished an Advanced Diver course at Manta Dive in Gili Air. Great place, astonishing diving points, really nice and serious instructors... The perfect place to be ! I had Nick as an instructor and had a great time passing the license thought he made the courses even more interesting, it was an experience I deeply recommend !

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights, rooms were lovely and clean, breakfast was really nice and incl in price.. We stayed at another villa for the same money, and was total crap compared to this place.. Bathroom was great with newer air cons in room

• Stayed March 2013
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

We stayed at Manta Dive Gili Air with our 2 young children (ages 2 and 4 years) and loved every minute of it. We spent the first night in a family room which consisted of two interconnecting rooms. It is simple accommodation albeit clean and comfortable and very good value for money. We also had the pleasure of staying in the Waterfront bungalows (owned by the same owners as Manta) which are next door. Beautifully appointed and brand new, these are the best option if you're looking for a higher standard of accommodation. Our excellent stay at Manta and the Waterfront was largely due to the attentive and efficient service provided by its owner, Jonathan. It is great to stay somewhere where you know the owner is on the ground overseeing every detail. Gili Air is gorgeous. We chartered a glass bottom boat and even our 4 year old daughter and her friend jumped in the water to swim with the sea turtles and beautiful fish - an amazing experience. It's a tough life eating breakfast, lunch and dinner overlooking the ocean with Lombok's spectacular mountains in the background. Hoping to return to Gili Air again in the future.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

An awesome spot, in a beautiful location. The accommodation offerings vary. We were in a family room (two separate dwellings linked by a door) and whilst basic, the accommodation provided exactly what it needed to do. This is not 5 Star, but its pretty good for the money, and I would suggest one of the better options available. The owner Jonathan is very welcoming and very helpful. Any issues or problems are jumped on straight away. Our friends stayed in the waterfront accommodation which is much newer and has fridge and tv and freshwater supply (in lieu of saltwater), none of which we had in our accommodation. The waterfront resort also has a freshwater pool in lieu of a saltwater pool, and we used this all the time. Local restaurant offerings are a plenty, great food at exceptional prices. We all went snorkelling with the turtles, an awesome experience, and a must do for everyone. We would DEFINITELY go there again, but we would stay in the waterfront rooms, and we would fly to and from the island in lieu of taking the fast boats (we took the fast boat there which was a disaster due to storms, and had to fly back to Denpasar from Lombok because all boats were cancelled) - In summary, amazing scenery, fabulous location, very helpful and polite staff, and beautiful blue ocean with more reefs and coral than you could ever need. Well worth the trip from Bali.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Tipped by a friend I did my SSI open water at Manta Dive in Gili Air. My instructor was Nela. A very nice German girl that really took time for instructions and learning me to dive. Nela and I started out with two pool sessions and I also had to look some videos. The pool sessions went really good and I was excited to go to the ocean! The next day Nela gave me instructions and by boat we went to a diving spot. What an experience!!! Being by myself with my instructor enabled us to follow my pace and enjoy the underwater world. After the first dive we went back to the diving school and evaluated the dive. That afternoon and twice the day after we dived again at different spots. After doing my exam I became an open water diver. Since I really enjoyed diving I decided to do one specialty to 30 meters, again a very good experience.
The Gili’s are a really nice place to dive. Manta was the perfect school to start to learn diving. There was a relax atmosphere, good material and nice instructors. Most of the time we went out for a drink or a snack after the diving. In summary, thank you Nela, thank you Manta Dive!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Been to Manta Dive Gili Trawangan? Share your experiences!