I was genuinely surprised to read all the negative reviews below! We had an excellent stay at the hotel and honestly don't see what all the complaining is about! We stayed at the hotel in mid June and due to the lower season got a discount, which made it very good value for money. Yes, it wasn't cheap even with the discount, but if you want a cheap option just stay at one of the guest houses/hostels. Villa Ombak is one of a few more upmarket choices on the island and they all seemed to charge similar rates.
In terms of the location, we found it great as our hut was away from all the noise in the main street, very secluded and in the middle of a nice garden. Yes, you have to walk for a bit but it was a mere 10-15 min walk from the centre of the island - Gili is so small everything is within a walking distance!
The rooms were nice and clean and I liked the little patio at the front. The bathroom is outside which is a bit odd, I have to agree, and the shower is literally in the open so not great if it's raining... But we got over it as other than that the room was perfectly fine! The service was also excellent - from the welcome drink on arrival to the fresh fruit and biscuits the staff brought every afternoon, we had nothing to complain about. The only downside was the internet as the signal was really poor in our room and you need a new password every 24h, which you can only use on one device at a time - a bit annoying, but later we found this to be the case generally across the island.
The breakfast was excellent - very good variety and fresh ingredients. And the hotel is known for having one of the best pools on the island - you can even get lunch at the floating bar!
Overall I would recommend this hotel if you're going there on a holiday with your significant other as it seemed perfect for that kind of trip. I travelled with friends and since we were all diving during the day/going out at night, we hardly spent any time at the hotel. Based on that I think if I came back I wouldn't stay at this hotel just because we found the guest houses much better for meeting other people and hanging out with a younger crowd. Don't get me wrong, there was nothing wrong with the hotel, it was just that we found it much better suited for couples/families and hence would recommend it to those travellers. But even if you're travelling with friends and you're happy to pay a bit more for the extra comfort, go for this one, it is a very good hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Vila Ombak Hotel
- Vila Ombak Gili Trawangan
- Hotel Vila Ombak Gili Islands/Gili Trawangan
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Vila Ombak, the first international hotel on the magical island of Gili Trawangan, is a place that balances the comforts of first class accommodation with the natural beauty that surrounds.The Hotel Vila Ombak features the traditional building style of Lombok, and its neighboring islands, to blend harmoniously with the island's landscape.Hotel Vila Ombak is the winner of World Travel Awards as the Indonesia's Leading Hotel 2012 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Travelocity, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, HostelWorld, Otel and Venere so you can book your Hotel Vila Ombak reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.