My partner and I stayed here for several days skipping Bali. I booked the hotel through a website and I must say the resort is nicely located on a not so busy part of the Trawangan island. The rooms were ok, nothing fancy although for the price we paid, we could fit easily into one of the 5* resorts around Bali. We ended up getting a twin bed, one single and one double and was told that the room on the "category" we booked were all like that..Hmmm then bottom of toilet had somehow a water leakage. Towels in brown color are somehow faded, and also an open air shower isnt my favorite since it attracts insects at night when the light is on and ive seen one cockroach going around the sink so i ended covering our shavers and tootbrush with glasses just to be safe were not gonna end up using them after the cockroach crawl all over it during the night. There is also a funky smell from the shower drainage, and i guess this is an engineering fault. Water is salty although they have an optional fresh water you can use when you rinse yourself off after showering. The Roamah Spa is a bit of a joke, its more like a "massage place" rather than being called a spa. No spa experience and also the therapist has no sense of spa connection, it was horrible experience and the spa was noisy. We thought it was a good spa since they had been nominated for the World Luxury Spa Awards 2014?? ugh!!! Not worth of the 35 USD theyre charging for an aromatherapy massage.Overall this place is ok if youre not fussy and if you want to be in the good area of Gili Trawangan close to the beach. The good thing about this place is its connected with the Pearl of Trawangan Beach Lounge which I think a cool place to hang out and chill out...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Vila Ombak, the first international hotel on the magical island of Gili Trawangan, is a place that balances the comforts of first class accommodation with the natural beauty that surrounds.The Hotel Vila Ombak features the traditional building style of Lombok, and its neighboring islands, to blend harmoniously with the island's landscape.Hotel Vila Ombak is the winner of World Travel Awards as the Indonesia's Leading Hotel 2012, Indonesia Travel & Tourism Awards as Indonesia Leading Island Resort - Lombok 2013, and World Luxury Hotel Awards 2013 as the Indonesia Leading Hotel 2013. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travelocity, Tingo, Orbitz, BookingOdigeoWL, HostelWorld, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com, Otel and Venere so you can book your Hotel Vila Ombak reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vila Ombak Hotel
- Vila Ombak Gili Trawangan
- Hotel Vila Ombak Gili Islands/Gili Trawangan