There is another great pool build on the north side of the resort, It was always very clean and non-crowded - it is not especially child friendly either, so it was perfect for us parents who were chilling out or more on a romantic mood.
The main pool is a outdated, the bar is too small and very slow, even the water was a bit milky one of the days.
We had two bungalows: one beach bungalow and one family bungalow. The beach bungalow is really nice. The view from the room is directly to the beach, it was great to see the sea as the first thing when opening eyes in the morning. From the back side bathroom there was a beautiful evening view to the park with lanterns in the trees.
The aircon was problematic. In the other bungalow is was too noicy to keep on during the nights, and in the beach bungalow it was just too strong for me. We had it on the warmest temperature, but still I had to sleep with my big tee and woolen socks on - not very tropical! And without it, the humidity and warmth created a feeling of lacking air..
The service was varying. There were a couple of excellent co-workers and they did a fantastic work - but there were also some more ignorant. All in all, they worked long shifts and were a bit tired in many occasions.
My son had got two 50USD notes as a Christmas present, which he kept in his wallet in his backpack - not in the safety box. And during the stay, the other note dissapeared from his wallet. It felt quite nasty, knowing that if it would have been my wallet, it would have gone unnoticed, leaving me wondering that how many local 50.000 notes did I or other guests loose from their rooms. The management took this seriously and we are still in dialogue on this, so I hope they are able to root these incidents away soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Vila Ombak, the first international hotel on the magical island of Gili Trawangan, is a place that balances the comforts of first class accommodation with the natural beauty that surrounds.The Hotel Vila Ombak features the traditional building style of Lombok, and its neighboring islands, to blend harmoniously with the island's landscape.Hotel Vila Ombak is the winner of World Travel Awards as the Indonesia's Leading Hotel 2012, Indonesia Travel & Tourism Awards as Indonesia Leading Island Resort - Lombok 2013, and World Luxury Hotel Awards 2013 as the Indonesia Leading Hotel 2013. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, EasyToBook, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Hotel Vila Ombak reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vila Ombak Hotel
- Vila Ombak Gili Trawangan
- Hotel Vila Ombak Gili Islands/Gili Trawangan