My boyfriend and I stayed at Vila Ombak for 4 four days in June.
We had origianlly booked one of the traditional huts but found this to be a bit small and did not enjoy the idea of climbing down the steep ladder to reach the outdoor bathroom and toilet, especially after a few Bintangs.
So we paid a small fee to be upgraded to a deluxe Ombak room which was absolutely beautiful, very spacious with modern furnishings.
Whilst there we completed our PADI open water diving course and can highly recommend the professional and patient diving staff. Also the area around Gili T. has some fabulous dive sites to explore.
All the staff in the hotel were extremely friendly and the breakfast is amazing.
The location is great as it is within walking distance of all the main bars, shops and restaurants. We loved it so much that we will be going back later this year and taking my parents along too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Vila Ombak, the first international hotel on the magical island of Gili Trawangan, is a place that balances the comforts of first class accommodation with the natural beauty that surrounds.The Hotel Vila Ombak features the traditional building style of Lombok, and its neighboring islands, to blend harmoniously with the island's landscape.Hotel Vila Ombak is the winner of World Travel Awards as the Indonesia's Leading Hotel 2012, Indonesia Travel & Tourism Awards as Indonesia Leading Island Resort - Lombok 2013, and World Luxury Hotel Awards 2013 as the Indonesia Leading Hotel 2013. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travelocity, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Expedia, HostelWorld, Otel and Venere so you can book your Hotel Vila Ombak reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vila Ombak Hotel
- Vila Ombak Gili Trawangan
- Hotel Vila Ombak Gili Islands/Gili Trawangan