“An Unexpected Treat” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Asian, Barbecue, International, Gastropub
Dining options: Late Night
Description: With the gili Trawangans most Beautiful dining area, our restaurant serves affordable high class food and our menu is designed by our award winning Canadian chef/owner/operator. We guarantee freshness and the Coldest Beer on the island as well as the friendliest service staff. Welcome to paradise! We guarantee in our bar we serve NO METHANOL OR LOCAL SPIRITS!! All our alchol is purchased through government sponsored agencies.
Wheatley, Ontario, Canada
“An Unexpected Treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Having visited Gili Trawangan in the past, you can't imagine my surprise when I saw the posted menu at Gili T Resort. The variety of meals, at extremely reasonable prices piqued my interest. I did not expect the quality and taste of the dishes I tried. I was there for a week and had lunches and dinners there every day as I really was not interested in going anywhere else! Everything was so fresh and prepared to perfection. Even the presentations of the plates indicated high quality dining that I would expect at an established big-city restaurant!
The pumpkin soup was the best I've ever had, and the prawn or beef kebabs were exceptional.
The chef shared a few recipes with me when asked and he seemed to genuinely enjoy watching me savor my food!
The Upperdeck has a different ambiance than the main floor area, but both provide stunning views of the Strait and the distant mountains of Lombok. They are doing a lot of redecorating there right now and they shared some of their future plans with me. ( I was becoming a reguIar fixture). I certainly will look forward to seeing the results when I visit again next year.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Owner_Gili_T_Resort, Owner at The Terminal Restaurant and Upperdeck BBQ, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thanks Jean D
We are very happy about your report. As I was a chef for the 22 years of my career I aim to be the best food on gili T. We are very happy you stayed at the resort and enjoyed our food and hospitality and look forward to you returning in the Next year.

70% Recommend