Gili Hostel is the epicenter of social activity in the early evening for backpackers. They have really accommodating and fun staff (my friends and I actually partied with a few employees), and the people you will meet are typically really trustworthy and really fun. This is not the place if you want to sleep early in the night, or if you want to be incredibly clean haha.
In my experience however, the pitfalls (cleanliness, occasional bug bites, and trouble with Hostelworld) fall by the wayside when you consider the nice people you meet. The cook in the morning is incredibly kind (tip her! :D). The people who I met here over the course of 10 days became pretty strong friends and now we will meet up in different parts of Bali. We slowly managed to get into one room with eachother and we partied and beached all together. It was a week to remember!..
Below I spelled out a few tips, but I want to wish you guys a beautiful time in Gili and the Hostel! Keep your mind open and say hello to everyone and you will have an amazing time!
A few tips:
- 150,000 rupiah/night with a 50,000 deposit
- Warning: This hostel is hard to find! I uploaded a pic that shows the (one) sign that you will see on the road. There will also be a "Walk this Way!" sign that you can see if you're coming from the opposite direction.
- There's breakfast from 8am-10am, which consists of one main item (big banana pancake, eggs, omelette) and fruit and juice/coffee. There's also fresh squeezed fruit juice that you can pay ~30,000 rupiah for.
- ^ This place becomes a great place to chill and relax during the day, if you're not feeling like going diving, snorkeling, or beaching it.
- Backpackers from all over the island will congregate at the bar on top of hostel around 9-10pm. This makes for an awesome place to get affordable drinks and beer and to socialize with other people. Most people are from 20-30yo. Bathroom in the back of the bar.
- WiFi is best on the bottom floor, and toward the front of the hostel.
- Book early and be on top of it, because this place books up fast! Heard some booking problems with Hostelworld though so beware!
- For 10,000/kg they will wash your clothes. Be careful about mixing whites and darks though!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gili Hostel is the first true backpacker's on the island paradise of Gili Trawangan and is rapidly becoming the coolest place to hang out! We are right on the beach and offer funky dorm-style accommodation with a bar and comfy chill out zone on the roof. With regular party's nights and organised events you're sure to quickly make friends with our guests from all over the world! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, HostelWorld, HostelBookers and Odigeo so you can book your Gili Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gili Hostel Gili Islands/Gili Trawangan