“not for experienced divers” 3 of 5 stars

081917090514
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a small group of passionate Indonesian divers from Gili Trawanagan, Lombok who have been in the industry for countless years. We offer PADI certified dive courses and fun dives with our small family of instructors and dive masters at a price that won't hurt your pocket.There are also packages for accomdation along with your course if you might be in for the long haul.Being the first dive centre on our island funded and run by 100% local people, you could say we know the reef pretty well and we'd love to share it with you! Scuba diving is about fulfilling both recreational and educational needs (a few want to fulfil their need for booze as well)….we’re into that too! So if you decide to get to know us, let’s go for a dive .... If not, we might bump into you somewhere on the island at a table full of bintang! See you soon Buddy!
“not for experienced divers”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

expected a lot more! for a fun diver with 400+ dives, tis place is not the one. it is for course trainings and novice divers. normally only 2 dives a day, sites are poor, coral destroyed by dynamite fishing, sand slopes only, no walls, poor visibility.

Visited May 2013

Balikpapan
“friendly people, cheap price, but...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

They said that they are run by 100% local people, apparently not! My husband took deep dive specialty there and the instructor was Spanish! They have another instructor whom also not Indonesian.... There is nothing bad about that, but they might need to change what they have said on their web, or costumers will might think that they are liars.

The way my husband had for deep dive specialty course was way different with the way I have had. There are skills that I think he should had but he didn't had at all. The only skill he had was to buoy a sausage on the safety stop, which I don't really think it's a skill for deep diver course.

But all the staffs are very friendly. And it's true that all their dive guides are dive masters. We had many great pictures. And they also gave us a very cheap price!

By the way, my husband still haven't received any notification from PADI for the course. Whats up with that??? And they didn't give a temporary certification either. Normally we get a temporary certificate, and PADI will send an email in just few days after we took the course.

Next time if we want to have diving course at Gili Trawangan, we might prefer to choose a bigger dive operator.

Visited March 2013
anchorage
3 attraction reviews
“WARM water, not a ton to see”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Did 3 drives, the current is very strong which makes it fun because you can just ride it and hardly have to swim at all. The night dive was very fun, didnt see much but it was my frist night dive so it was exciting.
The water is WARM, im tall and skinny and get cold VERY easy, normally have to wear a full wet suit and a think zip up jacket over the wet suit just to stay warm but i went in just a bikini and didnt get cold once.
Not a whole lot to see, but its fun diving for sure.

Visited April 2013
Salzburg, Österreich
“Excellent diving school”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

I've made my advanced diving livens there during my stay on gili t. I really enjoyed it. I was diving the first time since a very long time and they made a program according to my diving skills. I felt safe, what was very important for me, and I was the most of the time diving alone with my instructor. So they have small groups and so you can profit more from your lessons compared to bigger diving schools. What I recognised is that they have diving instructors which are native German and Spanish speakers. Also all are very fluent in English. All together I enjoyed it very much and I can highly recommend this diving school!

New York, New York, United States
“A hidden jem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I signed up for an Open Water Course with Gili Scuba and ended up also taking the Advance Course with them. They're a dedicated team of friendly professionals and I felt safe and comfortable the entire time (which was important to me being that it was my first time ever diving). Would definitely recommend Gili Scuba for the novice diver!

Visited January 2013