“Unforgettable adventure!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Lutwala Dive is a PADI 5* IDC centre based on the beautiful north beach of Gili Trawangan in Indonesia. Specialising in small groups for scuba diving courses or fun dives Lutwala offers a relaxed and intimate environment. With private beach, cafe and a high standard of equipment Lutwala Dive is a wonderful place for your scuba diving holiday needs.Listed as one of the top 10 travel destinations by both Lonely Planet and The Times, the Gili Islands are a must for tropical island lovers. Lutwala Dive is located on the scenic north beach of Gili Trawangan, away from the noise and bustle of town, but close enough for an evening out.
Melbourne, Australia
“Unforgettable adventure!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I spent about three months diving with Lutwala this year, doing my Rescue, Divemaster and Nitrox courses. All the instructors have been extremely generous ensuring that I was getting the most out of my time there, and are all incredibly dedicated and proficient, whether it was giving me advice on my diving technique during a fun dive, or enhancing my learning experiences with the courses, they were always willing to give me that little bit of extra attention and assistance.

What originally attracted me to Lutwala was the smaller group sizes - having a private guide rather than being at the back of a large group is always something I prefer!! There is a huge variety of sea life to interest you on the Gili Islands, from reef sharks and turtles to eagle and manta rays to nudibrancs, there is always something to surprise you, and the instructors always know where to look to try and find something special.

I left the island (unwillingly!) having met some incredible people, and I can't thank everyone enough for all they have done for me! Can't wait to come back!!

Visited September 2012

• Indonesian first
“Superlative diving experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

We recently spent a few days on the north shore of Gili T and came across Lutwala essentially by accident. A fortunate accident it was! I hadn't been diving in years so I needed a bit of a refresher. My wife had never been diving before and thought it would be worth a try so we signed on for an easy intro dive and were so taken with the staff and the diving itself that we essentially spent all of our remaining time there. My wife finished her open water certification and I picked up a Nitrox certification essentially because I was envious of all the fun she seemed to be having learning from Lutwala's excellent instructors. I wish I were fortunate enough to have spent several months there as some of the other reviewers have, as it was our three days were the stand out on a two month honeymoon. If you want to dive in the Gilis this is the place to go!

Gloucester, United Kingdom
“A few days that became a few months!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I headed to Gili Trawangan in July for what I thought would be the first leg in my travels around Asia. I planned to try some diving and a friend recommended Lutwala.
The Island is quite small but popular with travellers due to the beautiful beaches and party scene. The North of the Island is tranquil and relaxed whilst the area around the harbour is where the pub/clubs are situated.
I found the dive centre a short walk up the beach and signed up for the PADI Open Water Course. Being a complete beginner I was somewhat nervous about the whole idea but the staff were lovely and very professional and soon put me at ease. I was pleasantly supprised to find that the group sizes were smaller than I'd expected, sometimes it was just me and the Instructor. They were very flexible and accomodated my dislike of mornings (and the odd hangover). The atmosphere at Lutwala was wonderful, everybody was very relaxed and friendly, happy to sit and chat. The instructors were great, I always felt like they were keeping a close eye on me which meant that I could relax and enjoy the wildlife and they were great at teaching and taking me through the various skills! They also made a pretty special Bacon and Cheese bagette which goes a long way in my book!
Within 3 days I had seen Turtles, Sharks, Octopus and more fish than I can count! There were quite a few reefs to dive in the area, some a five minute boat ride and one which is directly in front of the dive centre!
To cut a long story short, I stayed much longer than I intended, made loads of friends and had the most amazing experience at Lutwala ever! I'm already planning my return!

Visited July 2012
Singapore
“Lutwala Love”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I stayed at Lutwala Dive for two months (in their dormitory room with other students) to complete my Advanced Open Water through to Divemaster.

I can honestly say that those two months were the best and most rewarding of my entire life. The instructors were all constantly happy, friendly and extremely professional. They took such good care of me and their extensive knowledge, enthusiasm and passion for diving made me feel safe learning from them (and I had lots of fun doing so). Thanks to their outstanding training, I feel confident in my own diving capabilities – so much that they’ve inspired me to sit my instructor exams in February!

The Lutwala team were extremely warm and welcoming and have become a sort of second family to me. I whole-heartedly recommend Lutwala for any sort of diving experience!

Visited August 2012
Navi Mumbai, India
“Dive Master experience in Heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

This experience was THE BEST 2 months of my life. Lutwala's instructors were the most professional dive team i have ever dived with. Being immersed so fully into dive culture, I couldn't think of anyone i would rather go on this journey with other than with the Lutwala Team. Living in the student dorms made me feel like part of the Lutwala family! If there is one thing i miss other than the diving its the Lutwala Cafe baguettes and of course the delicious desserts! Working amongst Lutwala pros taught me more about diving than i could ever imagine! It was an amazing experience, and i definitely recommend diving, living and EATING at Lutwala Dive!

Visited August 2012